Everyone can now get the cdma RAZR ICS leak

Search This thread

hawkz28

Aug 27, 2010
Waverly, Nebraska
Just found a minor issue....

Has anyone else ran into a failed issue when updating the binary in SU? I got a replacement phone Saturday due to an epic fail of the battery (stopped charging after a full discharge), rooted the replacement via Motofail, backed up with Voodoo, installed ICS on Saturday. When I used TiBU to restore apps, it asked to correct an issue with SU which I allowed. That was after restoring root w/ Voodoo.

Attempted to update binary today (current version before/after is 3.0.3.2, SU v3.0.7(41) ), but I'm greeted with "downloading manifest.....FAIL".

DL'd SU update fixer, it can't find any problems, when I forced the update, it seemed to remove root until I DL'd SU from the market again. Even then it still won't update binary- get the same message.

Also, I did already do the terminal emulator to copy su-backup to /system/bin/su commands with 'success', but I still get the FAIL message. GRRRRR!!
Any ideas?

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA

Has anyone else ran into a failed issue when updating the binary in SU? I got a replacement phone Saturday due to an epic fail of the battery (stopped charging after a full discharge), rooted the replacement via Motofail, backed up with Voodoo, installed ICS on Saturday. When I used TiBU to restore apps, it asked to correct an issue with SU which I allowed. That was after restoring root w/ Voodoo.

Attempted to update binary today (current version before/after is 3.0.3.2, SU v3.0.7(41) ), but I'm greeted with "downloading manifest.....FAIL".

DL'd SU update fixer, it can't find any problems, when I forced the update, it seemed to remove root until I DL'd SU from the market again. Even then it still won't update binary- get the same message.

Also, I did already do the terminal emulator to copy su-backup to /system/bin/su commands with 'success', but I still get the FAIL message. GRRRRR!!
Any ideas?

I tried to do an update of my su and it worked perfectly fine.... did you have any boot strap installed? And check tour internet connection caused downloading manifest has to do with internet not the rom ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

Ronin3178

Oct 26, 2010

That version is current, like someone said before me, d/l'ing manifest is probably an internet issue. But you are current regardless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

jimmy24651

Apr 13, 2012
Problem with install

Ok, so...I think I did everything as directed, but apparently I missed something. When my phone reboots and does the install, it gets about half way through the process, and goes to an exclamation mark, stops, and just boots in with the same ol' software....

Any ideas...?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I think the step that I didn't do was to clear the cache.....BUT.....it still didn't appear as though the install was completed, due to the exclamation mark....what do you think?? Plus, call me stupid....but....how to I clear the cache.....

jimmy24651

Apr 13, 2012
got it!!

Well, at the end of the day.....the problem was that I missed the first step....DO A FACTORY RESET BEFORE YOU START!!! =o)

hawkz28

Aug 27, 2010
Waverly, Nebraska
I tried to do an update of my su and it worked perfectly fine.... did you have any boot strap installed? And check tour internet connection caused downloading manifest has to do with internet not the rom ...

That version is current, like someone said before me, d/l'ing manifest is probably an internet issue. But you are current regardless.

I don't know WTF was going on, but I tried it again, and it worked just fine.....you fellas were correct- internet/data connection......since my phone is a 'certified' refurb now, I'm sure it's got to be a hardware issue.

No bootstrap, BTW.

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
I don't know WTF was going on, but I tried it again, and it worked just fine.....you fellas were correct- internet/data connection......since my phone is a 'certified' refurb now, I'm sure it's got to be a hardware issue.

No bootstrap, BTW.

Just have one to be on the safe side droidrzr has a ics working one

newskate9

Jul 15, 2011
I asked this over on DroidRzr, I'll ask here too:

Sorry guys, not to search 80+ pages for this one...........

I'm about to do this and I cannot get past the file name for the LEAK. 6.12.173.xt912......... that's what I have now. (running Eclipse)

The new ICS Lead build is 6.14xxxxxxxxx

I'm obviously missing something.

Also, on the other sites (these reference each other) two files are to be downloaded, on this site, just one. Why is that?

Ronin3178

Oct 26, 2010
I asked this over on DroidRzr, I'll ask here too:

Sorry guys, not to search 80+ pages for this one...........

I'm about to do this and I cannot get past the file name for the LEAK. 6.12.173.xt912......... that's what I have now. (running Eclipse)

The new ICS Lead build is 6.14xxxxxxxxx

I'm obviously missing something.

Also, on the other sites (these reference each other) two files are to be downloaded, on this site, just one. Why is that?

The zip file file name is the version you are coming FROM, not what you are going to. Could the one zip file contain a zip file and a .crc file?

Rolfsted

Sep 28, 2011
Illinois
I've tried several times and it makes it halfway then reboots. I have safestrap installed could that be it?

If I do a factory reset won't I lose es explorer and rom manager? I'm missing something .....I've flashed many times.....there is just a step I'm missing.

triphop631

Dec 17, 2010
I had to revert 100% to 173. I also had safestrap. You will lose es and rom but you just need to reroot and install them. Then install ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
If i install this will it erase my SD Cards? And will it factory reset my phone?

razball

Jan 1, 2012
Tampa
Wondering if anyone found out if android beam works.
Not what youve heard but what youve tried.
I heard some company took apart the razr and found and nfc chip and it didnt work because of lack of ics. But I dont have friends with Ics so I cant test it.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

FOR ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING CLICK THIS LINK HE AUTOMATED IT.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599234

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Ok i want to factory reset my phone after installing ICS, if i do will i lose root? How do i go about resetting my phone and keeping root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you dont have any type of cwm installed
    The previous method no longer works so now use this method
    Method 2 I DID NOT FIGURE OUT THIS METHOD BUT THANKS TO Vicious on DROIDRAZR it works !!!!

Prerequisites:
    Root
    Es file Explorer
    Voodoo OTA Keeper
    Free version of Rom Manager

I recommend to do a factory reset before doing this

Procedure:
    1. Download the ICS leak from here
    2. Make sure the the system is writable in es file manager
    3. Copy and paste it to /cache
    It should look like this
    mail

4.Open Voodoo Ota keeper and backup root
    5.Go back to es file manager
    6. Click on the the zip that you put earlier
    7. A menu similar to this should come up
    attachment

8.Click rom manager and click reboot.
    9.After it installs boot into stock 3e recovery and wipe cache.

If you did for some reason lose root while doing this you can root again using this by AdamOutler
    Source: Droidrzr

1% Battery Mods
    customcharge3.gif

Battery mod

Will create more later
    Source: Droidrzr
    Just answered my own questions. I installed this via the OP and restored root with Voodoo with zero problems.

Now I have to get WiFi tether to work again.

Check like a couple pages back i was talking about it

straight from Motorola so you tell me....
    Lol no bugs hardware acceleration works and camcorder
    I did and it works fine

It'll never work. Those that have ICS on their phones from this method have magical unicorn dust in their asses..Period. No other way.

P.S. Screw Wednesday. I want it now, but NoOOoOOoo.

Well this unicorn dust is helping me a looooooot .... btw anyone have any idea on how to get tethering working in ics without having a data plan that supports it