[APP][4.1+]Receipt (Updated 19-Apr)

Search This thread

Bogdan-xd

Dec 26, 2011

Receipt is a small utility I made as part of my quest to learn programming.

It lets you create shopping lists and see your spending stats.

I'm preparing to release version 1.2 to the play store, but I need to test it for a while to make sure it's bug free.
So now, I'm releasing a beta of version 1.2. Version 1.2 brings a few new features. Among the big ones are :

• 4.3 and 4.4 compatibility.
  • A global monthly budget can now be defined; this is in addition to the per list limits already available since version 1.
  • Tags can now be assigned for each item. This lets you see spending by category in the stats tab.
  • Lists can now be sent to other people via the standard sharing menu.

If you come across any bugs or strange behavior while testing let me know by posting on this thread or through:
Google+
Twitter

This beta drops support for 4.0 and requires 4.1+. I'm currently having some issues with ICS, but hopefully I'll manage to fix them and restore 4.0 compatibility before releasing the final version.

Get the beta on the Play Store (via Google+), or by downloading the attached apk.

Not ready to test the beta? Get the current version on the play store.

Attachments

• Receipt.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:

ErlendPetker

Jan 30, 2013
COOL ! really nice looking app, will give it a go !

(by the way I was the first downloader of your app :D ! )

xpmode

Aug 26, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
This is awesome.

Only a few devs(and sadly not the bigger players) comply with Android Design Guidelines nowadays.

I will try the functionality as soon as I flash PAC.

Again, thanks for being a great developer and not rebelling against Android Design Guidelines.

Last edited:

gravewormx

Oct 15, 2009
Los Angeles
Re: [APP][4.0+]Receipt

Really nice looking, hope I have a budget I must maintain soon so I could give it a go :p

And may I give an advise/recommend a feature: let the user have a preset tax amount. Since most States here in US (or around the world) have different tax rates... so by the time you get to the checkout everything is added up correctly and kept on budget :)

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: fonsiox

afnaf

Feb 25, 2011
Sweden
Really nice app. One thing though :) Since I'm living in Sweden it would be nice with some more currencies, in my case SEK. Can also help with translation if needed.

Last edited:

Steke

May 30, 2010
Berlin
Hi, I've tested your app. It's Very good but I missed some features.

First, for every purchase you do, the app should made a Product list in the background with all Products you've ever bought. Maybe depends on Mall. (An extra box for Malls?) So you can calculate how much your purchase will cost.

Second, how about a total amount per Month? How many money do you paid per Month, for example?

And another thing, may i can help you to translate it in German?

Reactions: balducien

sectorek

Jul 18, 2009
when I changed from euro sign to dollar sign app crushed!
anyway app is looking very nice! looking forward to get new versions!

xpmode

Aug 26, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Found a little bug while doing some stress testing.

I set the budget to 1€, and added two massive values to the receipt.

The result was a negative total, thus not triggering the budget warning.

2013-02-04%2013.28.09.png

Tested on a i9300 Samsung Galaxy S III with Erachter's PAC 4.1.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Receipt is a small utility I made as part of my quest to learn programming.

It lets you create shopping lists and see your spending stats.

I'm preparing to release version 1.2 to the play store, but I need to test it for a while to make sure it's bug free.
    So now, I'm releasing a beta of version 1.2. Version 1.2 brings a few new features. Among the big ones are :

• 4.3 and 4.4 compatibility.
    • A global monthly budget can now be defined; this is in addition to the per list limits already available since version 1.
    • Tags can now be assigned for each item. This lets you see spending by category in the stats tab.
    • Lists can now be sent to other people via the standard sharing menu.

If you come across any bugs or strange behavior while testing let me know by posting on this thread or through:
    Google+
    Twitter

This beta drops support for 4.0 and requires 4.1+. I'm currently having some issues with ICS, but hopefully I'll manage to fix them and restore 4.0 compatibility before releasing the final version.

Get the beta on the Play Store (via Google+), or by downloading the attached apk.

Not ready to test the beta? Get the current version on the play store.
    Nice app. Can we get the ability to switch between light and dark themes?

This is something I may add in the future, but for now there's still some important missing functionality I want to add; In particular multiple active lists and more importantly syncing data across multiple devices.

Really nice looking, hope I have a budget I must maintain soon so I could give it a go :p

And may I give an advise/recommend a feature: let the user have a preset tax amount. Since most States here in US (or around the world) have different tax rates... so by the time you get to the checkout everything is added up correctly and kept on budget :)

Is this like VAT, a fixed percentage that gets added on top of the total?

First, for every purchase you do, the app should made a Product list in the background with all Products you've ever bought. Maybe depends on Mall. (An extra box for Malls?) So you can calculate how much your purchase will cost.

Second, how about a total amount per Month? How many money do you paid per Month, for example?

By pressing checkout, you are saving the list to history. You can then see all your previous purchases in history. From there, you can also search for specific items by tapping on the magnifying glass. You can also see total amount per month by tapping the stats tab (or on tablets, the stats are always visible on the history screen). You can change the period of time from month to year, week or weekday by tapping on the small calendar with bars next to the magnifying glass.

As for translation, I'm currently still using some hardcoded strings in code. I will clean up my files and hope I can be in touch regarding this soon.

Impressive. Is it open source? I'd like to contribute to it.

It is closed source, for now at least, sorry.

Awesome app!
    Quick question : What library did you used to create the graph?

I didn't use any library. It's a simple LinearLayout wrapped in a HorizontalScrollView. The bars themselves are simple Views.

Found a little bug while doing some stress testing.

I set the budget to 1€, and added two massive values to the receipt.

The result was a negative total, thus not triggering the budget warning.

Tested on a i9300 Samsung Galaxy S III with Erachter's PAC 4.1.2.

There are probably many other overflow-related errors, since I'm not checking for them anywhere. Good catch, though such high prices are uncommon in day-to-day usage, I definitely shouldn't have bugs like this.

Awesome App! I already got used to it and can't live without it anymore after one single Day! Great visuals, easy to use and self explaining UI. However, I offer to make it even better by adding a german translation to it. Just send me your strings.xml (balducien@gmail.com) and get a german one back in a few days! I speak german natively :)

Right now, there are still some hardcoded strings in code. I will try to do some cleanup and hope I can be in touch regarding translations soon.
    COOL ! really nice looking app, will give it a go !

(by the way I was the first downloader of your app :D ! )

Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy using it!
    Re: [APP][4.0+]Receipt