Stock touchwiz apps?

Search This thread

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
So I've been looking for a way to get the stock apps for calculator, calender, and alarm clock back onto my vibrant which is now running the vibrant6 rom from eugene...

So far I've seen suggested that we tear apart anomalous's deodexed rom and push the files through adb but I have a horrible 3g connection and it already took me forever to download the vibe 5 and 6 roms and don't want anything else from that rom just the .apks for these apps.

Also do they have to be pushed using adb or terminal or can I just use astro if I have it with rw permission to the /system /data folders n whatnot?

Either way I was hoping someone could post up on here some of these and other stock touchwiz apps for easy dl and reinstallation as I know much more than just myself have been looking for these apps to bring back to our modded roms.

Much thanks to all that could help with this

Pooped from my Samsung Vibrant using XDA app...
Dont mind the skidmarks...

rei165

Mar 7, 2008
Garden Grove
I would think it'd be as easy as pushing the apks that came with the stock vibrant rom to the current one you right now.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
The issue is even if I go all the way back to my old rom through a nand backup you can't grab a back up as a simple apk through titanium and I'm unsure which files i could possibly manually back up to my sd using some sort off root explorer....

Thus my asking if anyone had these apks or files with a method of transferring them where they are needed... I know more then one person is looking for something like this

Pooped from my Samsung Vibrant using XDA app...
Dont mind the skidmarks...

LabattZ

Jul 15, 2010
Everett,WA
You must use adb or root explorer to "install" them. You cant just install them like a regular apk.

ADB:
adb push whatever.apk /system/app/ (do the same with the .odex file)

Root explorer:
Just copy the files from your sd to the system folder and reboot.
Old thread resurrected!

environment: Vibrant rooted w/ Eugene's Gingerclone Final R2

I'm a lil new to replacing system apps, but I read up on this and by all accounts, it should have worked.

Using adb to push the files previously linked to /system/app then rebooting yielded the existing (AOSP?) Calendar still being installed/displayed/used.

Noticed the pushed files had different names.

Renamed source files to match target files and re-pushed. Rebooted. Calendar no longer shows up in application listing.

Used Root Explorer to locate files in /system/app (currently mounted r/w) and tried to install the .apk's; installation ends with msg "Application not installed" with a "done" button to click.

used adb shell to rm the existing Calendar.apk and Calendar.odex, TouchWizCalendarProvider.odex/.apk and TouchWizCalendar.odex.apk and adb reboot.

pushed TouchWizCalendarProver.odex/.apk & TouchWizCalendar.odex/.apk to /sdcard; launched Root Explorer, copied all 4 files to /system/app/ and rebooted.

No "Calendar" or "TouchWizCalendar" or "TWCalendar" etc etc in applications list.

Use Root Explorer to navigate to /system/app/ and try to install said applications and result says "Application Not Installed"

Any help is appreciated.

imxron

Nov 29, 2010
Does anyone have the Memo app?

Flashed nero v3 and it didnt have it!

Also, i had some important info in there. Will it be there when i push the apk to the sysytem/app folder? My sd card still has everything from before I flashed.

thanks