How to update to 2.3.3 gingerbread! In here

Search This thread

djgooner

Jul 15, 2010
x10a rogers worked

Downloaded 2.3.3 ftf, and flash tool. followed onscreen instructions, and in 10min i had 2.3.3.

Took a while for things to smooth out, was a little choppy at first. But after another reboot things started being smooth.

Since this is the official ROM everything should work, but here is a list of things i did. I didnt put my sim card in so i didnt send or recieve calls/messages BUT..

+Camera works, 8mp stills and 720p video
+Wifi works - downloaded amazon app store etc.
+Flash works, downloaded flash 10.3 from the market and kongregate works.
+Pinch zoom works. Well you know sonys work around.
+So far so good. Phone is working.:D

Yes the phone shows up as x10i but the hardware is x10a, so the att 3g/rogers should still work like last time i updated 2.1 generic.

wo88les

Nov 6, 2010
X10i debranded nordic Changed to GB

thanks. that worked for me also. i got at&t branded X10A.

although after using firmware update, my model number info changed to X10i.

what do i do with the libs files/

Hi chagla, if i remember correctly X10i and x10a are identical, just ones white and ones black, i may be wrong so i apologise if i am.

_______

I'v just flashed the extracted ftf with x10 flasher, works flawless, Tried using SEUS to update but it fails with errors so im using x10 update service from SE (i cant post links yet but hopefully someone can put a link to the SE Update service site)

Now upgraded to GB, amazing, really fast, the text msg bug from 2.1 is fixed, A and L work if you type fast , Well Happy.....
woohooo

Well done to all who have made this (early) update possible for me in the uk :D

Thanks again

wo88les

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2006
do not upgrade. build 3.0.1.g.0.75 kernel version2.6.29-00054-g5f01537semcuser@semchost (hash)1 baseband 2.1.71 is HIGHLY UNSTABLE it reboots continuously and is a total waste of space

xixmogunzxix

Jul 30, 2011
Virginia
thanks!

I was running an unbranded cust 1234-4820-R5B. im on att in the good ol usa, never got it to work using the rebranding thing with root explorer. but with this I just downloaded the stuff and flashed it. my model was an x10a when I started the whole process fresh form a restore but now my model changed to x10i but I still have everything working just fine. I'll let you know if i have any problems. i've been messing around with trying to update for a few days now. thanks alot!:D running 2.3.3 now!

BluechipJ

Jun 27, 2009
Toronto
Will this work for x10a?
Yes.

All firmwares since v2.1 (and above) include both (software) radios for "a" and "i".

NOTE: Flashing an "i" firmware onto your "a" phone does NOT give you "i"-frequency 3G support (and vice versa). (Hardware) radios are FIXED and cannot be changed by firmware flashing.

Official v2.3 Update on my Canadian Rogers X10a:

linuxx_ss

Jul 5, 2010
I have the Nordic firmware, from when I flashed it to install 2.1. If I flash it with this firmware and update to 2.3 am I going to see any difference in the overall performance of my X10i? (languages, keyboards, or any other thing like this?).
Thanks for answering.

Top Liked Posts