[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

Search This thread

mr-builder

Jan 7, 2011
Still not rooted

I have run the utility numerous times but I don't get the SuperUser app and my rootchecker app says the phone is not rooted. I installed the latest phone drivers. I have the phone in USB debugging mode and connected as a media device.

At the end of the utility, it displays the following message:
Success
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/busybox, No such file or directory
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to reboot and exit.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas on what I should try?

n0m0n

Dec 3, 2009
HERE
Found my problem?

Doesn't seem to be a delete option

Thanks

Last edited:

markiemark27030

Nov 18, 2012
I can't seem to get past the bug report part my phone doesn't send one I push and hold the power and vol up and it just does the normal vibrate need advice please

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

n0m0n

Dec 3, 2009
HERE
THANK YOU
I was able to root my Rar Maxx HD with this process.
I originally had an issue because when I unzipped the root zip if placed it within a ROM folder I made and it ran with errors.

For those having issues make sure its only in 1 folder on your desktop. (hope that helps someone)

I primarily wanted to root because I had heard that ppl were installing Jelly Bean on there Razr Maxx HD without issues.
Can anyone direct me to where I can find a stable Jelly Bean rom?

THANKS AGAIN for all the efforts and suport.

Good Day

miggs3

Nov 18, 2012
Also having problems getting the bug report

I have a Verizon RAZR HD and I have followed these instructions multiple times, receive no error messages but i cannot get the bug report to work. The process does complete and cleans up after itself, but the exploit fails. My fingers are cramping up after trying to get it to work! Any suggestions?

miggs3

Nov 18, 2012
Do you mean motofail2go? That's what I did run, multiple times. Is there another utility?

Last edited:

jaxgmfb

Dec 22, 2011
J'Ville
Mine keeps saying cannot find ADB not recognized...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Jazzy Josh

Nov 13, 2012
If your command prompt is saying it can't find adb, then make sure you have the Android SDK downloaded and are running adb from the platform-tools folder. That or add adb to your path.

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
lost root when getting OTA...

Hi, think tt I've been posting it on every topic indicating the Root, but anyway....

Problme is that I've used motofail2go, got my root and lost it yesterday when I received an OTA to 4.1.1....... tried everything, no chance of getting root back.....

Any ideas?

Txs for the help ;)

jaxgmfb

Dec 22, 2011
J'Ville
I can't get this to work...can someone explain exactly how to do this...??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Pierro29

Apr 22, 2008
Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, think tt I've been posting it on every topic indicating the Root, but anyway....

Problme is that I've used motofail2go, got my root and lost it yesterday when I received an OTA to 4.1.1....... tried everything, no chance of getting root back.....

Any ideas?

Txs for the help ;)

I too lost root after the 4.1.1 OTA this morning. Any luck?

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I too lost root after the 4.1.1 OTA this morning. Any luck?

Didn't back it up with OTA Rootkeeper. Tsk tsk ;)

You can restore to ICS and do it over, but this time protecting root. Make sure you updated the su-binary as well... My DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 in this forum section has what you need.

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
Didn't back it up with OTA Rootkeeper. Tsk tsk ;)

You can restore to ICS and do it over, but this time protecting root. Make sure you updated the su-binary as well... My DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 in this forum section has what you need.

Ah, yes I did. See thumbnails... there is a protected copy too. For whatever reason, voodoo won't restore the su binaries. Really odd. this all happened post 4.1.1 OTA today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-03-18-17-34-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-03-18-17-34-1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Screenshot_2012-12-03-18-17-48-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-03-18-17-48-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Charge Only Mode
    7. Run The Batch File "Run"
    8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0
    Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

There are some apps in the market for that. Search for "root checker"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2