[Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Project closed. I'm sick of whiny people who can't be bothered to read through the thread (not to mention the first page) for questions to their answers and expect me to troubleshoot every little problem they have with this app or that. If a MOD wants to lock this thread, be my guest.

I don't blame you.

Reactions: godofsalt

techmanc

Jun 29, 2014
Taunton MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknightus Project closed. I'm sick of whiny people who can't be bothered to read through the thread (not to mention the first page) for questions to their answers and expect me to troubleshoot every little problem they have with this app or that. If a MOD wants to lock this thread, be my guest.

I guess it depends on who is making the posts as far as what they can say!
Rooting my phone and installing someone ROM is hard enough for most people without getting criticized every time you upgrading to supposedly fix problems with previous ROM.
And the the person who built the ROM has problem fielding any questions he already knows answer too plus mod who know how everything works or it there job to figure thing out jump on every post that in there opinions related to ROM. I am not a ROM builder and most here aren't so cut some slack this thread would gone a lot better if people helped instead of criticize. I like using this ROM so I will but ah well I ranted enough for one post.

Reactions: ChrisMills83

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Project closed. I'm sick of whiny people who can't be bothered to read through the thread (not to mention the first page) for questions to their answers and expect me to troubleshoot every little problem they have with this app or that. If a MOD wants to lock this thread, be my guest.

I'm sorry it's come to this sir. I know how bad it stinks when people suck the life out of something great like this project. You have some excellent skills. Thank you very much for your contributions here!

bob-st

Jan 14, 2011
Okeechobee Florida
Moonknightus, I really appreciate all the work you put in to Singularity. It is honestly my favorite ROM I've used to date. However, I just want to mention that even though you addressed it in your ROM FAQ, you still need to make an effort to not be rude on these forums as doing so violates rules 2.1 and 2.3 of the forums.

Moonknightus was not rude or short with people that had a problem with his rom. He was short and/or rude to people who wanted him to help them with apps that weren't his.

He was also short with people that didn't read the FAQs and/or the release notes.

But as he said in his FAQs this was his rom and you could use it if you wanted to.

In my opinion, this is/was the best rom available for the SHP-L710 phone.

I will be sorry to see him stop supporting it.

Last edited:

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
See. This is what happens when people FAIL to follow simple instructions and end up burning an awesome Dev out.

What many of you FAIL to understand is that Moonknightus originally built this ROM for himself and was nice enough to share it with the community. He didn't build this ROM and expect to have to teach people how to freaking flash it and troubleshoot issues with apps that don't even come with the ROM to begin with.

Yeah, I'm pissed. We've just lost one of the best ROMs ever built for the S3. This ROM is one of a kind, people!!!! A TouchWiz base but built to run like an AOSP ROM.

@moonknightus, it's been a pleasure working with you bro. It was an honor being asked to help beta test for Conquest and I've enjoyed working with you every step of the way. :thumbup:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Just goes to show how entitled some people feel nowadays. This community was built on the opposite of that.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROM: WICKED X

Last edited:

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Just goes to show how entitled people feel nowadays. This community was built on the opposite of that.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROM: WICKED X

Absolutely. ROMs are gifts. You guys don't get paid to make them. You guys do it because you want to and are nice enough to share your work. Somewhere along the way many have forgotten this.

Here's your reality check, people.

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Post deleted From the Moderator ~~~Unnecessary

Last edited by a moderator:

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
From the Moderator

Post Respectfully, or do not post, it does not cut any ice to claim authority, or other self aggrandizement in XDA ... All of us are here to try and improve our Android phone experience.... and to that end we stay on that topic........

Do not bring personal messages or outside conversations into threads ..... that just gets you into trouble.

Be kind, be understanding and Remember to follow the rules of XDA

Thanks,

~~ oka1

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Did you read the PM he sent me telling me what we do at XDA and what we don't do. Probably not. Bro, I've been around long enough to know how things work around here. You don't need to remind me. I wasn't self aggrandizing myself either, I was just stating facts. Sorry if some people got a little butt hurt about it.

By the way. Could you do me a favor and keep this guy from sending me PMs saying I'm harassing him. The guy sent me the 1st PM and I only answered asking him to quit sending me messages. The messages are there for you to look at if need be. Just check my in and outbox. Also, as I clearly stated in my post that you removed, I will not answer anymore of his messages. If you could block him from contacting me you would be nipping it in the bud so to speak. They guy is a troublemaker and his PMs are actually harassing me.

If you would like me to file a formal request, that can be arranged.

There is a block/ignore button, use it. We can't look in your private messages, but you can report them if you feel its necessary. Now to end this little drama fest, and to comply with the wishes of the OP, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cooltext1589250177_zps626d060e.png

cooltext1589272325_zps3128a498.png

FEATURES
    • Based on Sprint ND8 KitKat 4.4.2 stock ROM
    • Customizable installation via Aroma Installer
    • ktoonsez's KT747 Kernel wtih KTweaker
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted with SuperSU
    • Busybox pre-installed
    • Holo/KitKat default theme
    • Custom default Boot Animation
    • Custom default wallpaper
    • KNOX-related apps removed
    • Native Wi-Fi tethering enabled
    • External SD card write support enabled
    • OTA Update Center support
    • Theme support via custom version of QuantumThemer
    • AOSP-style quick settings panel
    • See changelog for additional details

REQUIREMENTS
    • Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
    • Boost Mobile, Sprint, or Virgin Mobile
    • ND8 or NDC baseband/bootloader/modem
    • Philz Touch recovery

REQUIREMENTS
    • Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
    • Boost Mobile, Sprint, or Virgin Mobile
    • ND8 or NDC baseband/bootloader/modem
    • Philz Touch recovery

INSTRUCTIONS

FULL RELEASES
    1. IMPORTANT! Read the FAQ post below
    2. Download the latest full release from the post below
    3. Reboot phone to recovery
    4. Flash the full release ZIP file in recovery
    5. Choose your install type in the installer UI and customize as applicable
    6. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Backup before installing" in installer
    7. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Wipe /system partition" in installer
    8. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Wipe /data partition" in installer
    9. Reboot phone to system

UPDATE RELEASES

Installation from OTA Update Center
    2. Download the latest Update Release from the OTA Update Center app
    3. When prompted, choose to flash the downloaded file
    4. When prompted, ignore options in OTA Update Center to backup/wipe (they don't work)
    5. Phone will automatically reboot to recovery and begin to flash the update
    6. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Backup /system partition" in installer when prompted
    7. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Wipe dalvik cache" in installer when prompted
    8. Phone will automatically reboot to system

Manual Installation
    2. Download the latest Update Release from the post below
    3. Reboot phone to recovery
    4. Flash the update zip file in recovery
    5. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Backup /system partition" in installer
    6. (RECOMMENDED) Check "Wipe dalvik cache" in installer
    7. Reboot phone to system

CREDITS/THANKS
    DOWNLOADS
    RELEASE 9

• 9.5 Update | md5: 32f4aa5f7e37b6fc6b506d81378b1ce3
    • 9 Full | md5: bed9842b6757ee1f2826d2a20c517cb0

OLDER RELEASES
    RELEASE 8

• 8.5 Update | md5: bd811a65cde4ab0873b9aa424b4c2abe
    • 8 Full | md5: 75b4608624791454664a5e7c7f97d6d2

RELEASE 7

• 7.2 Update | md5: f1648fc021d8a23011751fb1412df381
    • 7 Full | md5: 6bcf641c41b1613e238ee6e8fddae8b6

RELEASE 6

• 6.3 Update | md5: 30235b2a2e78196d2544ffdb1b8d7e6c
    • 6.0 Full | md5: dd6ced6215d1837fb841432b675ea5c9

RELEASE 5

• 5.2 Update: (AFH) (VMRoms) | md5: a0b33b5e3b984e980c9f0c3160dd49c1
    • 5.0 Full: (AFH) (VMRoms) | md5: 96cd2e44fcceee043558f11b4f6e95b4

RELEASE 4

• 4.4 Update | md5: 5f43103d96ce1688d6104ef5dd9a4db6
    • 4.0 Full | md5: ee5d5dcbaaed8ca7772b8aa94d56307d

RELEASE 3

• 3.3 Update | md5: fa8c7ebc1af62f5638593abbef82cf39
    • 3.0 Full | md5: 8a459351b0f73ccbe4bb7a94f15e4087

RELEASE 2

• 2.2 Update | md5: c9d161925f6303ad14922fe0e9a0dfd4
    • 2.0 Full | md5: 77552ae2516a796422c3f0422cb74b09

RELEASE 1

• 1.4 Update | md5: 8f59d94e01c3db57783c3e89a2df7ff3
    • 1.0 Full | md5: 498753bb01f1a18ff06df94d9bb5a11f
    THEMES

Themes have moved here.

CHANGELOG

10/08/2014: 9.5
    • SYSTEM: Fixed QuantumThemer again

09/17/2014: 9.4
    • SYSTEM: Re-based notification layouts to correct swipe zones
    • SYSTEM: Reduced space between notification header buttons to prevent overlapping notification header date when AM/PM indicator is enabled

09/15/2014: 9.3
    • SYSTEM: Reverted pre-installed Visual Voicemail APK to the version included with ND8 stock to resolve issues

09/14/2014: 9.2
    • SYSTEM: Disabled AOSP lock screen shortcuts when lockscreen rotation is enabled

09/12/2014: 9.1
    • SYSTEM: Rewrote mobile data tile label code so that it mirrors the carrier label in the notification drawer
    • SYSTEM: Prevented mobile data type indicator from showing over roaming indicator on signal cluster when roaming
    • SYSTEM: Prevented mobile data type indicator from showing when sending MMS while connected to Wi-Fi
    • SYSTEM: Enabled Google Search shortcut on AOSP lock screen when shortcuts are set to camera
    • SYSTEM: Enabled navbar search gesture (swipe up from navbar)
    • SYSTEM: Fixed QuantumThemer not working after flashing the release 9 full zip

09/08/2014: 9
    • SYSTEM: Updated 3minit Battery Mod to 2.1
    • SYSTEM: Re-sorted main Settings app screen
    • SYSTEM: Removed "Call settings" from Settings app (can be accessed from within the dialer app)
    • SYSTEM: Enabled "Application settings" menu in Settings app
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Apps" setting to Application settings menu
    • SYSTEM: Renamed "Apps" to "App manager"
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Default apps" to Application settings menu
    • SYSTEM: Moved "App ops" from security settings to Application settings menu
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Task manager" to Application settings menu
    • SYSTEM: Renamed "Display" to "Display and interface"
    • SYSTEM: Re-sorted Display and interface menu
    • SYSTEM: Added option to enable lockscreen rotation to Display and interface menu
    • SYSTEM: Added option to enable on-screen navbar/softkeys to Display and interface menu
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Lock screen" to Display and interface menu
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Disable quick pulldown" setting from Display and interface menu to Quick settings panel submenu
    • SYSTEM: Enabled "LED indicator" settings in Display and interface menu
    • SYSTEM: Removed "Battery percentage" option from Battery menu
    • SYSTEM: Moved "Power saving" switch/menu to the Battery menu
    • SYSTEM: Added ability to include a custom boot animation in themes
    • SYSTEM: Fixed Wi-Fi quick settings tile label not updating properly
    • SYSTEM: Renamed "Geometry" lock screen style to "Tension"
    • SYSTEM: Replaced small circle in Tension lock screen style with lock/unlock icons
    • APPS: Replaced AOSP-themed TouchWiz Contacts/Dialer/In-Call with stock versions
    • APPS: Added TouchWiz launcher (optional)
    • APPS: Added custom version of CyanogenMod's Trebuchet launcher (optional)
    • APPS: Added AOSP Camera (optional)
    • APPS: Added AOSP Gallery (optional)
    • APPS: Added cLock widget
    • APPS: Added Google News and Weather app/widget
    • APPS: Added SwiftKey keyboard (optional)
    • APPS: Removed Android Device Manager app (service is still installed)
    • APPS: Updated optional/pre-installed apps to most recent versions (as of 09/07/2014)
    • INSTALLER: Added option to choose between Google Now Launcher, TouchWiz Launcher, and Trebuchet
    • INSTALLER: Added option to perform a full backup
    • INSTALLER: Added option to wipe /system
    • INSTALLER: Added option to wipe /data without wiping /data/media

OLDER RELEASES
    08/25/2014: 8.5
    • SYSTEM: Added Online Nandroid command-line binary to allow online/scripted nandroid backups
    • SYSTEM: Fixed typo in theme reverter that prevented updated Keyguard.apk from installing
    • INSTALLER: Switched update installer to Aroma installer
    • INSTALLER: Added option to wipe dalvik cache after installation
    • INSTALLER: Added option to backup /system partition prior to installation

08/21/2014: 8.4
    • SYSTEM: Rewrote the script that applies the default theme as well as the method used to fix black screen of death
    • SYSTEM: Added SecSettings.apk to theme reversion list to enable theming of system settings app

08/21/2014: 8.3
    • SYSTEM: Fixed carrier label in notification tray/on lock screen always showing Sprint
    • INSTALLER: Fixed update zip not installing/not reverting theme properly

08/20/2014: 8.2
    • SYSTEM: Fixed systemui force close caused by including raw resources from keyguard.apk in the default reversion theme
    • SYSTEM: Fixed potential force close that could have been caused by including raw resources framework-res.apk
    • SYSTEM: Fixed downloading updates in OTA Update Center
    • SYSTEM: Device will now identify as d2bst for Boost Mobile devices, d2spr for Sprint devices, and d2vmu for Virgin Mobile devices

08/20/2014: 8.1
    • SYSTEM: Fixed fifth lockscreen shortcut being cut off at the side
    • SYSTEM: Added theming support for keyguard.apk and tw-frameworkres.apk

08/18/2014: 8
    • SYSTEM: Integrated 3minit battery mod with enable/disable setting in Display Settings (disabled by default)
    • SYSTEM: Added heads up notifications with enable/disable setting Display Settings (disabled by default)
    • SYSTEM: Added setting to enable AM/PM indicator on status bar clock in Display Settings (disabled by default)
    • SYSTEM: Added setting to disable quick pulldown for quick settings (quick pulldown enabled by default)
    • SYSTEM: Added power save leaf icon overlay to battery quick settings tile when power save is enabled
    • SYSTEM: Added charging bolt icon overlay to battery quick settings tile when charging
    • SYSTEM: Enabled Charging/Charged text before battery percentage on battery quick settings tile
    • SYSTEM: Battery quick settings tile now updates in realtime
    • SYSTEM: Added signal level bars on Wi-Fi quick settings tile
    • SYSTEM: Added signal level bars to Mobile Data quick settings tile
    • SYSTEM: Mobile data quick settings tile will now show signal level even with mobile data disabled
    • SYSTEM: Mobile data quick settings tile label will now read "DATA OFF" on second line when mobile data disabled
    • APPS: Removed ES File Explorer from optional components (full release zip only)
    • APPS: Added Tomi File Manager to optional components
    • APPS: Added 8sms to optional components
    • APPS: Updated pre-installed apps to latest versions

Releases 1.0 to 7.2

SCREENSHOTS

Click the thumbnail for a larger image (takes you to the photobucket album).

Installer

ROM

AOSP Contacts/AOSP In-Call/Google Dialer

AOSP-style TouchWiz Contacts/In-Call/Dialer

FAQ

Q: Why theme a TouchWiz ROM? Why not use an AOSP-based ROM?
    A:
    I tried AOSP-based ROMs. I love them. Unfortunately, I live in a low-signal area. The RIL stack in AOSP-based ROMs has difficulty locking onto a 1xRTT signal in low-reception areas. The TouchWiz RIL stack doesn't appear to have this problem. Basically, I can't make or receive calls from my bedroom with AOSP-based ROMs and this gives me an AOSP look and feel without the signal issues.

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for some other work?
    A:
    I don't care. I don't even care if you give me credit. However, please be sure to give credit to those that are credited in my OP. They worked very hard and deserve the kudos.

Q: Will you be updating this to use NDC as a base?
    A:
    No. The NDC base doesn't include the framework necessary for native tethering support.

Q: Will you be including an advertisement blocker in a future update?
    A:
    I will never include an advertisement blocker in the ROM. A developer's bread and butter is often comprised of the advertising revenue that they take in. See this article over on Ars Technica for a detailed explanation of why ad blocking is harmful.

Q: I have a super great idea for something I'd like to see included in your ROM. How do I get it into Conquest?
    A:
    Ask for it in the thread. I monitor this thread as much as I can. If I feel a "feature request" would not improve the experience of the ROM, or if it is not possible to implement due to technical reasons, then I won't include/implement it. Feel free to do so on your own. Do not PM me with feature requests. Any such requests will be referred back to the forum thread and FAQs. Such requests are also far less likely to ever be implemented.

Q: Why is this ROM almost 3 times a big as an AOSP ROM?
    A:
    The ROM zip file includes not only the base system, but also the Google apps and most of the TouchWiz apps that come with ND8. Not all of the apps that are in the zip file will be installed. You can customize your installation via the included Aroma installer which runs when you flash the ROM from recovery. So the installed ROM is really only as big as you make it.

Q: I tried to install a full release and/or update. Why can't recovery open the file/why did the install fail?
    A:
    This is usually caused by a corrupted download. Please check the md5 of the file you downloaded against the md5 posted on this page.

Q: I didn't wipe the recommended partitions during installation/update. Why are some features not working after flashing/why is my phone unstable?
    A:
    There are recommended areas to wipe for a reason. At this point, I would recommend starting from scratch with the latest full release.

Q: I want to install the latest release and all updates in order. I found the download link for the latest update, but where are the links for the previous updates?
    A:
    Updates are cumulative unless otherwise specified. You only need to install the latest update after a full release.

Q: I installed the latest update. Why am I experiencing force-closes and/or other errors?
    A:
    While installing updates normally requires wiping only cache and dalvik-cache, your experience may vary. I test all of my updates from a clean install of the latest full release and can guarantee that they will work when installed in this manner. If you experience any errors, follow the instructions for a full install.

Q: I just installed a full release. Why is my phone stuck on the Samsung logo/KT747 splash screen/boot animation?
    A:
    This is a bootloop. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache and reinstall. If you still bootloop, your phone may not be compatible with the KT747 kernel. Post in the thread with details of what steps you took to install/troubleshoot, as well as what options you chose during install (as many as you can remember), what baseband your phone is on, and what recovery you are using.

Q: I chose to make a backup prior to installing and/or wipe a partition via OTA Update Center before flashing an update, but there's no backup and/or nothing got wiped. Why?
    A:
    Philz recovery isn't fully compatible with the scripting language that OTA Update Center uses. I do not recommend flashing updates from within OTA Update Center. You can find the files that OTA Update Center downloads in the /scdard/OTA-Update folder. Please navigate there in recovery and flash the files manually after making a backup.

Q: Why don't I have the option to install TouchWiz Messaging when I choose AOSP/Google on the dialer selection screen?
    A:
    TouchWiz Messaging is incompatible with the AOSP in-call app (TeleService.apk) and requires the TouchWiz in-call app (SecPhone.apk) to properly send and receive messages. While AOSP Contacts works fine with the TouchWiz in-call app, the Google Dialer cannot access call history from the TouchWiz in-call app.

Q: Why can't I find feature xyz?
    A:
    If it's not in the list of features in the OP or in the changelog, it probably doesn't exist in this ROM. Feel free to implement it yourself.

Q: I have Xposed framework and xyz module installed. Why isn't feature xyz working?
    A:
    Some Xposed modules conflict with the functionality built into the ROM. I don't personally use Xposed, therefore I will not test for compatibility with the framework or modules.

Q: Why does my device lag/stutter/etc. when the screen is off?
    A:
    The KTweaker app included in the ROM has the ability to set separate minimum/maximum frequencies when the screen is off (screen off profile) as a means of prolonging battery. The values can be customized in KTweaker.

Q: Why doesn't anything happen when I enable/disable "Battery precentage on icon," "3Minit Battery Mod," or "On-screen navigation bar" in settings?
    A:
    These options require you to reboot your phone after enabling them to activate them.

Q: Where is the Roaming settings/motion settings menu?
    A:
    The Roaming settings and motion settings menu were removed from the settings app because they are hard-coded to work only with the TouchWiz apps.

Q: Why don't the special dialer codes work?
    A:
    Special dialer codes (a.k.a. secret codes or ## codes) don't work in the Google dialer. However, a link to the hidden dialer code menu has been added to the Developer options menu in settings.

Q: Why can't I set contact photos in the TouchWiz Contacts/People app?
    A:
    The Contacts app was originally hardcoded to use only the TouchWiz Gallery app to select photos. This limitation has been removed as of Conquest: Singularity 4.1 with the caveat that selecting photos using Google+ Photos does not work. Most other apps should work fine. You can still set contact photos from within the Google+ Photos app directly.

Q: Why can't I send/receive MMS/picture messages in 8sms?
    A:
    8sms requires a little extra configuration for some users in order to get MMS working properly:
    1. Launch 8sms
    2. Open the settings menu within 8sms
    3. Scroll down and select "Multimedia (MMS) messages"
    4. Scroll down and select "MMS settings"
    5. Scroll down and select "Extra http headers"
    6. Enter X-MDN: ##LINE1## and tap "OK"
    7. Press back until you are back to the main 8sms screen
    8. Send a MMS to yourself or ask someone else to send one to you to test
    If these steps don't make MMS work for you, please send a bug report to the developer of 8sms.

Q: Where can I find themes for this ROM/how do I apply a theme/how do I make a theme for this ROM?
    A:
    All of my themes, along with a theming-related FAQ and a brief tutorial on theme making can be found here.

Q: I sent you a private message about a problem I'm experiencing with this ROM. Why haven't you answered?
    A:
    I don't provide support via private messages. If it's a legitimate problem/bug, post it in the forum for everyone to see. That way, there are more people that can potentially answer and everyone can also see the solution. Sending me a private message with a bug report (unless I have approached you via private message prior regarding an issue or feature testing, etc.) is a great way to get yourself added to my ignore list.

Q: I don't like your bad attitude, rude answers, or lack of willingness to help. What should I do?
    A:
    Use a different ROM.
    Hey, everyone, just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY was able to reproduce the incoming call FC bug and it is most assuredly fixed for the next release. Sorry to keep you all waiting but it's almost ready.
    CHANGELOG

07/05/2014: 4.2
    • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to Lockscreen layout
    • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to System layout
    • SYSTEM: Moved brightness slider to quick settings panel
    • SYSTEM: Enabled 1x data type indicator
    • SYSTEM: Switched battery percentage font to Bold styling for better readability
    • APPS: Removed Google Play Services from update zip to avoid conflicts with future updates