T-mobile data blocked after renewing monthly data plan

Search This thread

yuugotserved

Mar 17, 2009
Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...

Hearsay but I've seen here that it can take several hours for a payment to result in full service restoration.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yuugotserved

Mar 17, 2009
thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now :p

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now :p

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow

10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.

yuugotserved

Mar 17, 2009
10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.

interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account

THIS might be the problem. Later tonight if nothing has changed online, try to re-up again. TMO CSR's can return your money if you unlikely end up with 2 payments.