SuperSU no binary installed error after update.

Search This thread

Gilkauss

Jan 28, 2013
I have set my SuperSU to automatically update. It was all fine and working on the previous versions, but when I checked now it gives me the error below.

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem."

Please help.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

Gilkauss

Jan 28, 2013
I tried to boot into recovery but it just showed me an android icon with red exclamation.

Also I dont have TWRP installed.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Last edited:
Reactions: raushanpd

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
It seems that many users have had issues with the last few SuperSU updates in one way or another. Some get errors trying to update the binary. Some say Titanium Backup will no longer work unless you use the paid version of SuperSU. The latest installable zip doesn't work on all devices and needs a fix according to the first post on the official SuperSU thread...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

I decided to switch to the new Superuser by Koush.

luubutmucxanh

Jun 20, 2013
sos

I tried but seems like i have to get the paid version of supersu in order to continue to use it so. can i go back from the beginning and re-root it with Clockworkmod ?

nickf123654

Aug 29, 2008
Tampa
I was having this same issue on my Note 2 (4.3). I seem to have found a way to restore root that may help you as well.
I think this issue may be caused by the SU app & binary updates. Uninstalling the updates has restored root for me.

Go to:
Settings > More > Application Manager > All > SuperSU > Uninstall updates
(menu options may be slightly different on other devices)

This will roll back SuperSU and hopefully restore your root access.

Let me know if this helps.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I was having this same issue on my Note 2 (4.3). I seem to have found a way to restore root that may help you as well.
I think this issue may be caused by the SU app & binary updates. Uninstalling the updates has restored root for me.

Go to:
Settings > More > Application Manager > All > SuperSU > Uninstall updates
(menu options may be slightly different on other devices)

This will roll back SuperSU and hopefully restore your root access.

Let me know if this helps.

again.. or just grab the latest supersu and flash it in recovery. thats all.

ALSO.. THE LAST POST IN THIS THREAD IS OVER A YEAR OLD. WHY BRING THIS THREAD BACK? LOOK AT THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST IN A DEAD THREAD.

nickf123654

Aug 29, 2008
Tampa
again.. or just grab the latest supersu and flash it in recovery. thats all.

ALSO.. THE LAST POST IN THIS THREAD IS OVER A YEAR OLD. WHY BRING THIS THREAD BACK? LOOK AT THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST IN A DEAD THREAD.

Yes, it would be nice if that worked ever time, but for me it didn't.
I tried flashing the latest SU many times and still ended up without root.
I am just trying to offer a solution that me be helpful to others experiencing the same issue I did.

If you are interested in the details, you can check out my thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/note-2-tmobile/help/4-3-custom-roms-losing-root-t2817114

To your point of this being an old thread, I just want to make the information easy to find. I searched all over the place and could not find a solution to my problem. Hopefully I can help someone else who is facing the same issue.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Yes, it would be nice if that worked ever time, but for me it didn't.
I tried flashing the latest SU many times and still ended up without root.
I am just trying to offer a solution that me be helpful to others experiencing the same issue I did.

If you are interested in the details, you can check out my thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/note-2-tmobile/help/4-3-custom-roms-losing-root-t2817114

To your point of this being an old thread, I just want to make the information easy to find. I searched all over the place and could not find a solution to my problem. Hopefully I can help someone else who is facing the same issue.

you are also missing that its a completely different device. of all my time ive spent in the nexus 4 and nexus 5 forums here, not once has an issue like that been reported. this would better be posted in the note 2 forums.

Top Liked Posts