Can I install cm 11 or a stock kitkat rom that does not have touchwiz on my NB1?

Search This thread

Gabe3

Sep 9, 2009
I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?

Last edited:

Rhymey

Apr 20, 2014
I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?

Short answer: No. You'll void your warranty and bootloop.

As for 'stock android look', I can recommend PurifieD or Google Play Edition ROM although it has a few bug that I'm going to work on once this semester ends..

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013

No CM for now. You cannot replace the stock recovery. The only working recovery we have is safestrap.

You can use DVKM Tool and install BlackBox3.0 (Check post 3 of All things ATT thread)

Gabe3

Sep 9, 2009
thanks. hm, don't know what I should do. I bought this phone last week used on ebay so I dont think I have a warranty to void. another reason I wanted CM is so i could easily get updates. I dont really want to be messing with roms all the time. do you guys think cm will work soon? in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?

Rhymey

Apr 20, 2014
in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?

No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.

Gabe3

Sep 9, 2009
No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.

what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.

You'd need 4.2.2, mdb or mdl bootloader and firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thr33-F0ur

Oct 28, 2012
Baton Rouge
Yes, it'll update on its own unless you root and delete or freeze the system update app.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Gabe3

Sep 9, 2009
Yes, it'll update on its own unless you root and delete or freeze the system update app.

hm. Im not sure how to have the seller check for me then. if the phone has android 4.2.2, it should be on mdb or mdl, right?

Last edited:

Thr33-F0ur

Oct 28, 2012
Baton Rouge
Or it might have MF3. To find out, just go into Settings > About Phone (if the phone is complete stock unrooted, then the build number/baseband should match the boot loader)

Gabe3

Sep 9, 2009
Or it might have MF3. To find out, just go into Settings > About Phone (if the phone is complete stock unrooted, then the build number/baseband should match the boot loader)

ok, thanks. i dont think the seller knows if its stock. if the phone got connected to the internet and updated automatically would the android version number change and baseband/build numbers?