[Q] Can't connect to Kies - Connection mode not Supported

Search This thread

BoogWeed

Jul 31, 2010
Dubai
My phone does not connect to Samsung Kies via USB. I get the message:

"Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection mode not supported by Kies."

How do I put this phone into Samsung Kies Mode?

It was doing this when I first got my phone then the other day it suddenly started working perfectly somehow, now I am getting this message again.

EDIT: [Solved] You have to disable USB debugging mode in order to connect to Kies.

Last edited:
Reactions: VulpeX and FPRobber

Dizzee

Jul 7, 2011
I had this trouble.. fixed it by moving the usb cable from the front ports to the rear USB ports of my box

ammarayed

Sep 21, 2011
faced the same problem ,, Galaxy S1 couldnot recognized by Kies , i used to go to setting->wirless and Network->usb setting ->change to kies
and make sure USB Debugging is checked

cheers
Ammar Ayed

Reactions: klub81

xfive420

Oct 15, 2007
I had the same problem for days with my desktop running vista 32. I must have removed and reinstalled kies and/or the samsung drivers in every permutation possible. Finally got it working by using a 2nd PC, my laptop. I installed kies on the laptop (also vista 32) and the connection worked on the first shot, so then I went back to my desktop and updated all the drivers for my SGS2 manually. When windows asked for a path to search for my drivers, I pointed it to the laptop's C drive inside of the Windows\System32 folder. The desktop apparently grabbed whatever the best drivers were from the laptop and I was off and running.

reddykcn

Oct 24, 2011

"Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection mode not supported by Kies."

It was doing this when I first got my phone then the other day it suddenly started working perfectly somehow, now I am getting this message again.

EDIT: [Solved] You have to disable USB debugging mode in order to connect to Kies.

Settings->wireless and network->USB Settings and enable the Samasung Kies..

So dumb that we have to search and find options our self..Samsung is too stupid to provide the detailed explanation of issues and solutions...!

Reactions: eyal.herlin

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007

So dumb that we have to search and find options our self..Samsung is too stupid to provide the detailed explanation of issues and solutions...!

I do not have an option anywhere to enable kies on my phone :( running checkrom revolution 2.0 and hardcore speedmod kernel

Zippy Dufus

Feb 12, 2011
I do not have an option anywhere to enable kies on my phone :( running checkrom revolution 2.0 and hardcore speedmod kernel

I have a Samsung Galaxy S from Bell and do not have this option either.

Also, Kies only sees the device when the USB debugging is turned on but gives the "Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. ..."

So far, no luck and I'm stumped.

I've tried:
  1. Rebooting laptop after Kies install
  2. Disabling Symantic firewall
  3. Rebooting phone
  4. Connecting when phone is turned off - Kies does not see the device
  5. Connecting with USB debugging turned off - Kies does not see the device
  6. Verified that no apps are running (but a number of services are running)
  7. Kies connection troubleshooting which reinstalls the drivers (this takes a LONG time!)

Details:
  1. Model number: GT-I9000M
  2. Firmware version: 2.1-update1
  3. Baseband version: I9000UGJH2
  4. Kernel version: 2.6.29 darae.ahn@sep-20 #2
  5. Build number: ECLAIR.UGJH2
  6. Kies version: 2.1.0.11095_121

UPDATE:

On my model, the Kies option is buried down Settings->About Phone->USB Settings->Samsung Kies.

Turning this on did the trick after some "twiddling" (turning on off, backing out and in and watching Kies/Windoze update the drivers).

I seem to be good-to-go. Hope this helps others.

Cheers!

Last edited:

baes baes

Dec 3, 2011
Can't imagine that i faced this problem with my SG2 and the solution was simpler than i would think, i just changed the USB port where i connected my SG2; i.e. try to connect from another port.
:rolleyes:

Gary86

Nov 26, 2011
I've tried all this and nothing works. It some times says connecting device but never does.

I have USB debugging off, tried turn on/off method. My phone is on 2.3.3 and I want to update it.

The phone has a picture of a USB and says connected. Says "press the home key to quit Samsung Kies"

Says MTP Application at the top.

Gary86

Nov 26, 2011
This is all I get...

Second picture with error is what I got as I was typing this message.

I also get a pop-up saying Activating USB mode will deactivate BT, continue? Should I hit yes or no. I tried both and nothing works.

I'm on 2.3.4

I9100XXKI1

EDIT: after pulling the battery for 100th time it worked.

Last edited:

suprodan

Jan 2, 2012
CANNOT CONNECT MY Galaxy Sii in Kies

QUOTE]

I don't have any "enable Samsunkg Kies" option on USB Settings..... does anyone knows how to solve my problem.

I alredy selected debbug, and then deselected, restarted the phone, and everything, and goes on stating "reconnect your device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection not supported by Kies".

How can I solve this problem??

Thanks to all for you hepl

lakshmideepak.gaddipati

Jun 5, 2011
chennai

QUOTE]

I don't have any "enable Samsunkg Kies" option on USB Settings..... does anyone knows how to solve my problem.

I alredy selected debbug, and then deselected, restarted the phone, and everything, and goes on stating "reconnect your device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection not supported by Kies".

How can I solve this problem??

Thanks to all for you hepl

Turn debug [settings->applications->development->debug] feature off...

and connect your mobile ..

suprodan

Jan 2, 2012
Can't connect to Kies - Connection mode not Supported

I already have debbuging off. and still no way to connect to Kies.

Any idea how to solve it??

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    turn off your USB debugging then close all running apps using task manager.
    it will work then, Rumble

faced the same problem ,, Galaxy S1 couldnot recognized by Kies , i used to go to setting->wirless and Network->usb setting ->change to kies
    and make sure USB Debugging is checked

cheers
    Ammar Ayed