64gb micro SD on MT4GS?

Search This thread

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
I was going to get a 64gb micro sd Class 6 but These devices support upto 32 gb

So could I just do 2 32gb partitions on the SD card and have the phone support both? would both partitions show up on the phone?

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
64GB cards will work with the Doubleshot, but I put my 64GB card in my NT. It's worth the money.

Sent from Spaceball One.

Didn't click the link posted above that probably leads to the thread where the poster I just quoted discovered they work for us.

I'm using one, works great, very glad I have it.

Sent from a digital distance.

ravi_n

Oct 7, 2010
64 GB works great in the MT4GS. In fact, if you're getting the SanDisk Mobile Ultra card (are there alternatives yet?), that's my microSD of choice. Not only do you get the space, but it is the most practically responsive of the several brand / class combinations I've tried (good sequental and random access speed, I believe).

The one bit of bad news is that you'll need to reformat the card to FAT32, so the filesystem will be less space-efficient for small files, but that is a pretty small complaint.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi guys! Saw this thread and made me consider buying this instead. And don't tell that it's not necessary for me since I already had 2 32gb microsd full for my phone :p

But my question is would this item work?

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/110877877424

I know it's the same 64gb from sandisk but I am considering the 45mb and 30mb versions. I'm afraid the other one might not be compatible with our devices so I think it's best for me to try first before purchasing. To those who already had the 64gb sdxc which ones did you buy? the 30mb or the 45mb?

I also saw a 95mb version so tell me if anyone uses this also.

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Hi guys! Saw this thread and made me consider buying this instead. And don't tell that it's not necessary for me since I already had 2 32gb microsd full for my phone :p

I know it's the same 64gb from sandisk but I am considering the 45mb and 30mb versions. I'm afraid the other one might not be compatible with our devices so I think it's best for me to try first before purchasing. To those who already had the 64gb sdxc which ones did you buy? the 30mb or the 45mb?

Perhaps you have pasted the wrong link because it goes to traditional sd card not micro.

Good question though. Kudos

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Riyal

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Perhaps you have pasted the wrong link because it goes to traditional sd card not micro.

Oh crap! You just saved me $70! I never noticed the no "micro" word :(

Great thanks to you! I almost ordered the item.

Anyways this is the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/130692790500

I hope it's the correct one now. Else I lost my money :D

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
Not only will it work over the specified size, it will even work at speeds matching UHS specifications. An experiment was done in the HTC Vision forum, and found that a 64 GB UHS-I card worked at full capacity and full speed.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Not only will it work over the specified size, it will even work at speeds matching UHS specifications. An experiment was done in the HTC Vision forum, and found that a 64 GB UHS-I card worked at full capacity and full speed.

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it :)

The size is enough for me I don't think I will be needing it's speed since mostly I just use it as storage. Not keen into HD video recording and stuff.

Let down for me is android being not capable of supporting exfat partition which limits me with a 4gb max file size.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
keep your eyes peeled cause 128gb micro sd is coming :)
Won't need this :D I only store movies, music, games * ROMs on my microsd. I don't think it would ever reach greater than 64GB :)

I still have a 1TB external drive with me anyways. :D

It was only about 13 years ago I had the hottest CAD system in the firm I worked for. 40mb of RAM with a Pentium 1& a 150mb HD. Eons ago in the tech world.

lol :D hey I still have a working 3 1/2 floppy with me here. I use it once as a bootable disk and still working up to now. :p

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Oh crap! You just saved me $70! I never noticed the no "micro" word :(

Great thanks to you! I almost ordered the item.

Anyways this is the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/130692790500

I hope it's the correct one now. Else I lost my money :D

No worries dude!

I ended up buying the same card (but distributed from Fermont, California - as it will arrive quicker to me in the UK then if I'd purchased from Taiwan as per your ebay link.)
Also this one from the US comes with a tiny microsd/usb dongle ;)

Screenshot_2012-09-22-15-36-56.jpg

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
No worries dude!

I ended up buying the same card (but distributed from Fermont, California - as it will arrive quicker to me in the UK then if I'd purchased from Taiwan as per your ebay link.)
Also this one from the US comes with a tiny microsd/usb dongle ;)

Screenshot_2012-09-22-15-36-56.jpg

I prefer the on from taiwan since it's just our neighbor country so it's alot more faster here :)

Anyways can't see the screenshot. And I don't know that dongle I just hope mine does have too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    64 will work!!!!!

Another confirmation that 64 gig cards work with the doubleshot.

Life is good - see attached :D :D

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!
    Yea a couple brave souls tried it and it works :)

Look here for more peoples testamonials

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207789