[PSA] Do not accept ota updates! No more s-off for speedy as of right now

Search This thread

drob311

We're all counting on drob311 to unlock the next bootloader!

Next??? We just saw our last ota update... So yup! I'm in for unlocking the next bootloader... Here ya go...
42575ecf-febd-0d7c.jpg

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yea.....i've raped hboot of it's all controlling glory again....i'm torn on the process....htc might "fix" it again if it's posted how it's done.
    Maybe you should stop "experimenting" on things that will cause serious issues to your phone
    It says in the title do not accept ota updates and I think that is a valid point. Only developers should accept and download the ota updates so they can make revisions on rom/fimeware updates to avoid loosing the eng s-off bootloader.
    Good point, and good thing this is my "dev" phone.

Now you just need to learn how to dev... Lmfao!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    So after my experimenting with the latest OTA update I cannot attain s-off, and I don't think you will be able to with the new bootloader.

I think the people that were able to downgrade with the latest OTA were able to do it before they rebooted with the new hboot.

It seems that we are going to end up like the Evo 3D people where you have to use fastboot to flash a kernel boot.img and clock to flash the kernel/rom.

If anyone can come up with any other work arounds please feel free to suggest them.

I had the unlocked bootloader, running UKE AOSP ROM (CM7) and tried the misc.img trick. When I rebooted to flash PG06IMG.zip I noticed my bootloader went from unlocked to locked.

It seems that HTC has patched the misc.img trick.

Again, I am more than willing to admit I am wrong and hope someone can prove me wrong on this.