[Q] Nexus 7 3G HSPA+ 32GB

Search This thread
Hi there,

I bought online the 32gb version of Nexus 7 with 3g capability.

Actually I'm leaving in Australia using it with a Vodafone prepaid microsim with data bundle and the navigation is not fast like in mine galaxy nexus i9250. First of all during the internet navigation I noticed Nexus 7 switch between 3g and H always so i checked with network widget if there are differences in connection speed with Galaxy Nexus that is working with Vodafone as well.

I discovered unfortunately my nexus 7 is always in HSPA with a speed of 700-1700kbps and my Galaxy Nexus works in HSDPA o HASPAP with a speed of 1.4 Mbit - 14Mbit or 10Mbit - 20Mbit in the second case.

So is it possible to force the Nexus 7 to operate at higer speed ?

Thank you in advanced

Hi there,

Actually I'm leaving in Australia using it with a Vodafone prepaid microsim with data bundle and the navigation is not fast like in mine galaxy nexus i9250. First of all during the internet navigation I noticed Nexus 7 switch between 3g and H always so i checked with network widget if there are differences in connection speed with Galaxy Nexus that is working with Vodafone as well.

I discovered unfortunately my nexus 7 is always in HSPA with a speed of 700-1700kbps and my Galaxy Nexus works in HSDPA o HASPAP with a speed of 1.4 Mbit - 14Mbit or 10Mbit - 20Mbit in the second case.

Thank you in advanced
Up

androo45

Apr 24, 2011

I have exactly the same problem. On my galaxy nexus i get hsdpa and hspa+ depending network load. With the nexus 7 3g I only get hspa. I tested with two providers and both gave the same results.
Anyone have any ideas how we can get the nexus to use hspa+?

Running 4.2.2 with 1231_0.17.0_1205

JohnLocke44

Dec 6, 2012
Palmas - TO
Hi there,

Thank you in advanced
Exactly same thing here!
Navigation speeds seems ok, but downloads are slower than my smartphone on the same network.
According to my carrier, my 3G (HSPA, HSDPA, HSPA+) signal is located on 2100Mhz Frequecy...

Look the screenshots below:

Enviado de meu Nexus 7 usando o Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361816776502.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361816776502.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 232
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361816811680.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361816811680.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Michael88_

May 15, 2012
Bucuresti
I have the same problem with my N7,but on my SGS3 I have H+.
Using them on Orange România.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

JohnLocke44

Dec 6, 2012
Palmas - TO
I have the same problem with my N7,but on my SGS3 I have H+.
Using them on Orange România.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I dont know if this is possible, bit I'm thiking that the tablet only works HSPA+ on 1700MHz or 1900MHz.
Because these frequencies are the most used in USA for 3G connection.
Can someone comfirm this?

Enviado de meu Nexus 7 usando o Tapatalk 2

JohnLocke44

Dec 6, 2012
Palmas - TO
Mine gets HSPA+ on 850 MHz from Bell Canada, but apparently only regular HSPA on Wind Canada's AWS band network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That's interesting...
But you are really sure that in your region Bell uses 850MHz for HSPA+? Because they use the 1900MHz too...
Just asking...

Is there a way to email Google about this? Maybe a Software correction can fix this, because the frequency is supported, and maybe some upgrade on baseband (modem settings) can enable HSPA+ on other frequencies, like 2100MHz...

Regards!

Last edited:

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I have a phone that can select bands between 850, 1900 and usually when I check, the default band it's connecting to is 850. I could cross reference when I have a moment to try it out.

JohnLocke44

Dec 6, 2012
Palmas - TO
I have a phone that can select bands between 850, 1900 and usually when I check, the default band it's connecting to is 850. I could cross reference when I have a moment to try it out.

Thank you very much...
Could you post a screenshot of the status screen, showing the HSPA+ connection?
I'm trying to colect informations to solve this issue...

Regards!

Enviado do meu RAZR HD

Last edited:

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Unfortunately, the only device I own which is capable of selecting individual radio bands is not cooperating anymore with the SIM card that I use in my tablet. So I wouldn't be able to tell you whether it's running on 850 or 1900. Also, I could have sworn that in the past I have seen the tablet report HSPA+, but at the moment it is consistently reporting only HSPA. Nonetheless, I am still getting exemplary speeds.

Test Date: Mar 2, 2013 2:26:08 PM
Connection Type: Hspa
Server: Burnaby, BC
Download: 9890 kbps
Upload: 2656 kbps
Ping: 87 ms

http://www.speedtest.net/android/384783155.png

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
hi guys
reviving this thread as i have just noticed my N7 2012 only showing HSPA not HSPA + but my moto g using the same sim & apn shows HSPA+, i am in singapore if that helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine gets HSPA+ on 850 MHz from Bell Canada, but apparently only regular HSPA on Wind Canada's AWS band network.