[Q] Freezing and slow proformance

Search This thread

brianmay27

Mar 7, 2007
Bay area, CA
Hey guys

So my phone has for a while randomly froze and nothing but pulling the battery can fix it. I will say I believe it was from a water incident. What happened is I went out riding and it began to poor. My phone was in a water proof pocket but I got to a point where I could get shelter and I needed GPS to get back home. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was a bit wet to the touch. Moments after the screen went all horizontal lines and died. I pulled the batter immediately and went home and stuck it in a bag of rice. The water damage indicator is slightly tripped on the batter but nothing to bad I felt I should worry.

Anyway since then ive noticed it to freeze up. Ive tried reflashing and what not with no luck. The freezing seems to happen every few days and its just getting annoying. Im planning on going back to stock today so I can get the 4.3 update but wanted to see what else I should try too to get my phone working fully again.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Water damage is water damage.:mad:
Sorry to here for your troubles...
If the components inside got wet and shot circuited slightly. Then that's why your getting that freezing. Because they might be minor moisture still inside the device.
Which is causing the problem. You could ultimately take the device apart, to make sure all the moisture is gone. But then you can run into problems from taking the device apart, if you don't put everything back together correctly.
Just my 2¢®™

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregsarg

brianmay27

Mar 7, 2007
Bay area, CA
Hey guys

So my phone has for a while randomly froze and nothing but pulling the battery can fix it. I will say I believe it was from a water incident. What happened is I went out riding and it began to poor. My phone was in a water proof pocket but I got to a point where I could get shelter and I needed GPS to get back home. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was a bit wet to the touch. Moments after the screen went all horizontal lines and died. I pulled the batter immediately and went home and stuck it in a bag of rice. The water damage indicator is slightly tripped on the batter but nothing to bad I felt I should worry.

Anyway since then ive noticed it to freeze up. Ive tried reflashing and what not with no luck. The freezing seems to happen every few days and its just getting annoying. Im planning on going back to stock today so I can get the 4.3 update but wanted to see what else I should try too to get my phone working fully again.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the long response, wanted to be sure my process worked. Anyway What I did was restore to the stock rom using odin and used a PIT file I pulled from the forums. After that I went to dirty unicorn (my new favorite!) and now it works fine!! No problems what so ever. It has not froze at all since I have flashed it about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway I suggest others do this if they have the same issue. HOWEVER!!!! Please be sure to read how to use PIT files and make sure the PIT is for your device.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Sorry for the long response, wanted to be sure my process worked. Anyway What I did was restore to the stock rom using odin and used a PIT file I pulled from the forums. After that I went to dirty unicorn (my new favorite!) and now it works fine!! No problems what so ever. It has not froze at all since I have flashed it about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway I suggest others do this if they have the same issue. HOWEVER!!!! Please be sure to read how to use PIT files and make sure the PIT is for your device.

You could write a " how too" thread. ..
Just a short tutorial telling us the steps. ..

It's a great way to record it for later. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: eZdubzitmk4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Water damage is water damage.:mad:
    Sorry to here for your troubles...
    If the components inside got wet and shot circuited slightly. Then that's why your getting that freezing. Because they might be minor moisture still inside the device.
    Which is causing the problem. You could ultimately take the device apart, to make sure all the moisture is gone. But then you can run into problems from taking the device apart, if you don't put everything back together correctly.
    Just my 2¢®™

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You could write a " how too" thread. ..
    Just a short tutorial telling us the steps. ..

It's a great way to record it for later. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app