Can the internal of an android phone be repartioned

Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I've seen it done, but for some reason the OS will repartition it back to what it was before you edited it.

Best route would be to dump your current PIT file (partition table and other info is included in there) and modify it to fit your needs if possible. There are probably other threads on this if you search up "modifying PIT file"

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

gears177

Apr 4, 2012
meadville
Google Pixel 5a
I've seen it done, but for some reason the OS will repartition it back to what it was before you edited it.

Best route would be to dump your current PIT file (partition table and other info is included in there) and modify it to fit your needs if possible. There are probably other threads on this if you search up "modifying PIT file"

will modifying that file be able create an extra 100mb partition so when i hook it into my comp two partitions show up?

gears177

Apr 4, 2012
meadville
Google Pixel 5a
Sorry I realized the bios of a comp doesn't recognize the android phone as a peripheral or a mountable boot device which ruins my plans as of now I'm going to try to find a way to at least get the bios to pickup the SDcard if I can I'm doubtful though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That file can be used to repartition the phone. If you modify it correctly you should be able to resize other partitions and use that extra space to create your own XXX mb partition.
    You need to use heimdall but there are existing ones out there depending on what size your internal storage is

16 gb or 32?
    What's your current bootloader version? If not known, run

Code:
    getprop ro.bootloader

In a shell on your device/terminal emulator app

And then post the last three alphanumeric characters