Z2 wifi slow

Search This thread

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Having problems with Wifi streaming and YouTube very slow, stop and start every few seconds, got to be the phone as all my other devices stream fine. I have unchecked avoid poor connections in wifi advanced.
Any one else having this problem, will try factory reset.
UK sim free 14w18, firmware 55

Sent from my D6503

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
I've seen factory resets cure a few problems on here so try that 1st but isn't there a .69 firmware available now as well, maybe try that to?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Good old factory reset and it's working fine:).....hasn't. Worked :(

EDIT.......wifi speeds are slow again, can't watch YouTube or stream films, it's only on this device, ipad 2, galaxy s3 and s2 all stream with no problems.
Can't download the 6 free promo films either as download fails after a short while.
Sent from my D6503

Last edited:

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
My facebook app is not working great in my phone. Youtube has been fine so far but I find my internet quite slow at home as I have rubbish internet speed. Also in peak times I get very slow internet connection.

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Wifi speed still slow, only on this device,
Also is the . 69 firmware carrier specific?
No firmware update prompt on my phone.
no option for 5GHz in wifi advanced menu

Sent from my D6503

Last edited:

p4t4h

Jul 22, 2008
A couple of things to try:
* test with other access points
* restarting the router
* disconnecting other devices
* forgetting the network on the z2 and readding it

I actually got great wifi speeds with my z2. It was even able to max out a 100 Mbps cable broadband connection on an AC router. Worked fine in n-mode also.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Have you tested on any other networks?

Take a trip to Starbucks! See if you get any better speeds there (and a nice latte, damn I'd kill for one right now).

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
After getting my phone last Tuesday ive noticed this little bug as well, sometimes downloading/updating google play apps it'll be like 0.5MB/sec but usually when I use drop down menu and quick settings and turn off wifi(give it about 10/20secs) then reactivate it im back to around 8-14Mb/sec, some apps dont even show a download progress its that fast lol.

I believe it might be a 5Ghz wifi problem as my BT hub shows my phone connecting to 5GHz channel with no way to stop it apart from turning 5Ghz off at the router :/

So hopefully sony will either fix bug or give us more wifi options like already mentioned so we can make phone connect to what we want.

K stand corrected phone can/does switch between 2.4Ghz/5Ghz, router shows phone connected at 2.4Ghz now. Just updated an app while connected on 2.4Ghz and no problem.

Last edited:

adam2203

Apr 9, 2011
Z2 D6503 Wifi dropping issues

I seem to be getting the same sort of wifi issues as previously stated. I cannot hold a wifi connection on the 2.4ghz band fro more than 20s before its dissociated (ie i still have full connection to the router (3 bars) but cannot get through to the internet). This happens no matter what router i am connected to, whether its at home or at work.
I have tried:
  • Setting the Wifi optimization checkbox off. No difference
  • Avoid poor connections is off. No difference.
  • Stamina mode is off. No difference.
  • Keep Wifi on during sleep is set to Always. No difference.
  • Sleep timeout to 30mins. No difference.
  • I have factory reset the phone. No difference.

I have also check to see if it is my router at home. I have switched between every channel available which made no difference. Security is Wpa/Wpa2 PSK AES which makes no difference. I only have the 2.4ghz available on that router at home (same at work).

My Note 3 and HTC One connect to both routers with no problems at all and do not drop out. Same goes with Sony Vaio Laptop.

I have installed Wifi Fixer on my Z2 to see if it can alleviate the problem and it does somewhat. instead of manually having to turn on and off the wifi toggle to reestablish a connection, the Wifi Fixer does it for me.Approx. every 20-30s in its log it will show the phone "dissociating" from the router, and the the app tries to "reassociate" the connection.

I can connect through wifi transfer to my Note 3 without issue, and the same goes for my TV, so it cant be a hardware fault, as the connection is still excellent strength for both (as well as the router, tested with Wifi Analyzer). This is a very frustrating problem as it makes watching youtube movies impossible, and hotspotting, skype calls, etc.....

And dont even get me started on the bluetooth dropouts. I am disconnected from a bluetooth connection every 66-70s without fail no matter what i try. No issues with my Note 3 and HTC One in the exact same conditions. It will disconnect then reconnect straight away with a delay of about 3 seconds, which makes calls and listening to music a VERY unpleasant experience.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I love everything else on this phone but this wifi/bluetooth connection issue is making it unusable.

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
connecting to my bt home hub 4 via 5GHz band only has solved my wifi drop out problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hotchillypepper

Feb 27, 2007
Delhi
For me slow Wifi resulted in many issues, You-tube video cannot be played, video streaming from a network storage cannot be done, Facebook videos will stop at the middle etc where the most evident issues. I tried everything possible to resolve this issues and searching the internet also didn't help. Finally decided to fresh install, used PC companion and re-installed the complete software, then restored all apps using google backup service. After this there is no issue till now. The software version is the same I had before reinstall. But now the Video streaming and apps using internet become very responsive.

thanks
HCP