[Bootanimation][Updated] Small, simple, smooth, wp7 style android HD2 bootanimation

Search This thread

spalm

Jun 12, 2008
Katowice
Hi everyone :)

I have the European version of HD2. I use on it android system without ext partition for a fast response (for example: no delay when waking up) - I use only app2sd. Before flashing a rom, I remove from them all useless programs (unused by me) to get more space.

The bootanimation is big too. I don't want removed it completely. To get more space, I created my own animation, which is much smaller. Animation is inspired by the wp7 bootanimation, and has another advantage: Because that the frames are small, the first loop is played without delay when system loading frames (almost without delay).
I would like to share it with you - maybe someone will like it.

bootanimation.gif
bootanimation

I prepared few color variants. Thanks Drew99 for the idea. The green HTC with cyan dots is best for me

bootanimation_green-white.gif
bootanimation_green-white
bootanimation_green-green.gif
bootanimation_green-green
bootanimation_green-cyan.gif
bootanimation_green-cyan
bootanimation_green-red.gif
bootanimation_green-red

And few new versions. Only htc logo :)

bootanimation_white-htc-white.gif
bootanimation_white-htc-white
bootanimation_white-htc-green.gif
bootanimation_white-htc-green
bootanimation_green-htc-cyan.gif
bootanimation_green-htc-cyan

I am open to any new suggestions and ideas :D

How to install with root explorer: (Based on TheSkepticalGuy's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12880922&postcount=1)
1. Clear the file name - rename the file from a bootanimation_something.zip to bootanimation.zip
2. Copy bootanimation.zip to your SD Card
3. Move it to /system/media/ or /data/local/ or in Desire/Sense base phones to /system/customize/resource/ and replace existing one using root explorer.
4. Reboot and Enjoy

All files tested on my phone

(Sorry if I messed something in this beautiful language - for my bad english ;))

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    418.3 KB · Views: 2,111
  • bootanimation_green-white.zip
    368.2 KB · Views: 788
  • bootanimation_green-green.zip
    505.4 KB · Views: 786
  • bootanimation_green-cyan.zip
    368.2 KB · Views: 823
  • bootanimation_green-red.zip
    345.3 KB · Views: 700
  • bootanimation_white-htc-white.zip
    343.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • bootanimation_white-htc-green.zip
    347 KB · Views: 830
  • bootanimation_green-htc-cyan.zip
    354.9 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:

spalm

Jun 12, 2008
Katowice
To me, this animation is almost perfect - when I start phone it looks clean and professional ;)
I spent some time doing it. Nice to see that someone is interested :D

Later wants to make small changes in animation of moving points. Maybe I make change the inscription to Android. For me the priority is size.
Maybe someone has some suggestions.

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

Drew99

Feb 18, 2011
Moscow
Nice lightweight animation!!!
Please make this animation in green or light-grey color

Thank You!

dkjh

Sep 15, 2008
Hi there!

Thanks for the boot animation! I like it!

I was just wondering, before it got into your animation, it shows a white screen with green HTC words on it, subsequently followed by black screen with the words HTC, is there any way to remove it?

spalm

Jun 12, 2008
Katowice
Hi there!

Thanks for the boot animation! I like it!

I was just wondering, before it got into your animation, it shows a white screen with green HTC words on it, subsequently followed by black screen with the words HTC, is there any way to remove it?
I think this is a problem with the bootscreen (only htc on black or white screen) before bootanimation. Or with the transition between the bootscreen and bootanimation. I don't think this comes from the animation. I just made the animation, not bootscreen before.
Do you have this problem with a different animation?

dkjh

Sep 15, 2008
I'm very sure it has nothing to do with your animation, your animation is good! I think it comes with the HD 2 startup!

Drew99

Feb 18, 2011
Moscow
Please try to make animation with gray logo (like in attachment), I think it should be good :)

Attachments

• splash1.jpg
    splash1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 268

spalm

Jun 12, 2008
Katowice
Please try to make animation with gray logo (like in attachment), I think it should be good :)
Nice! I like this logo. I just wonder where to put the flying points. On logos reflection? Or under the reflection? What color? White?
I'll do it tomorrow or the next day. Maybe I'll do a few versions :)

Capt.PP

Oct 19, 2010
OC
Great Job! The bootanimation is light weight and it seems to boot faster into the ROM. The color distortion before entering bootanimation is the hd2 thing not the bootanimation. After rename it to bootanimation.zip you do not need to change permission using rootexplorer. At first load will take a little time to load, on second reboot the bootanimation is settled and everything went smoothly.

P.S. At first, I was moving the old bootanimation.zip to another SD folder but it disappear on me. I put it in SD but it said not enough space when i got over 2Gb in there and it just disappear. I couldn't find it anymore. Lol.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone :)

I have the European version of HD2. I use on it android system without ext partition for a fast response (for example: no delay when waking up) - I use only app2sd. Before flashing a rom, I remove from them all useless programs (unused by me) to get more space.

The bootanimation is big too. I don't want removed it completely. To get more space, I created my own animation, which is much smaller. Animation is inspired by the wp7 bootanimation, and has another advantage: Because that the frames are small, the first loop is played without delay when system loading frames (almost without delay).
    I would like to share it with you - maybe someone will like it.

bootanimation.gif
    bootanimation

I prepared few color variants. Thanks Drew99 for the idea. The green HTC with cyan dots is best for me

bootanimation_green-white.gif
    bootanimation_green-white
    bootanimation_green-green.gif
    bootanimation_green-green
    bootanimation_green-cyan.gif
    bootanimation_green-cyan
    bootanimation_green-red.gif
    bootanimation_green-red

And few new versions. Only htc logo :)

bootanimation_white-htc-white.gif
    bootanimation_white-htc-white
    bootanimation_white-htc-green.gif
    bootanimation_white-htc-green
    bootanimation_green-htc-cyan.gif
    bootanimation_green-htc-cyan

I am open to any new suggestions and ideas :D

How to install with root explorer: (Based on TheSkepticalGuy's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12880922&postcount=1)
    1. Clear the file name - rename the file from a bootanimation_something.zip to bootanimation.zip
    2. Copy bootanimation.zip to your SD Card
    3. Move it to /system/media/ or /data/local/ or in Desire/Sense base phones to /system/customize/resource/ and replace existing one using root explorer.
    4. Reboot and Enjoy

All files tested on my phone

(Sorry if I messed something in this beautiful language - for my bad english ;))
    To me, this animation is almost perfect - when I start phone it looks clean and professional ;)
    I spent some time doing it. Nice to see that someone is interested :D

Later wants to make small changes in animation of moving points. Maybe I make change the inscription to Android. For me the priority is size.
    Maybe someone has some suggestions.
    Is there a way to implement the bootanimation directly in the Custom Rom Zip?
    Yes. I do so. Just open the zip file with build in Total Commander and replaces the existing bootanimation.zip new one. TC itself repack the zip file. I never had problems.