|AOKP Discussion Thread|

Search This thread

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
for those with MMS problems, i saw this on cm9a3 thread:

This is posted in the CM Status page, but we figured we should post it here as well: if you're having difficulties with MMS, it is almost assured it's an issue with a bad telephony.db file in /data/data/*telephony*/databases/ which google may have restored during the initial setup. Just delete that file, reboot, and resend your MMS; it should work from then, on. Afterwards, you may have to clear the app cache for whatever app you're using to send MMS.

Last edited:

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
for those with MMS problems, i saw this on cm9a3 thread:

This is posted in the CM Status page, but we figured we should post it here as well: if you're having difficulties with MMS, it is almost assured it's an issue with a bad telephony.db file in /data/data/*telephony*/databases/ which google may have restored during the initial setup. Just delete that file, reboot, and resend your MMS; it should work from then, on. Afterwards, you may have to clear the app cache for whatever app you're using to send MMS.

I wonder if this fixes receiving MMS though cause aokp and codename don't have problems sending MMS, just receiving.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
I wonder if this fixes receiving MMS though cause aokp and codename don't have problems sending MMS, just receiving.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

oh i dunno o_o. i just saw it in the cm9 thread and i knew aokp and codename were having some sort of mms issues, so i thought it might be helpful.

Reactions: gershee

TigerBait1127

Jan 10, 2011
I can't use my groups to send out a text message to all of them at once. I am able to individually add them to my list of recipients though. User error or just a bug?

dev_man77

Jun 28, 2010
Mankato, MN
www.facebook.com
Just finished setting up and checking out some of the themes. Diggin it so far. I just noticed that battery has been really hit or miss and I am pretty sure I narrowed it down to leaving notifications unattended and leaving the notification light to drain the battery. I read a while back something about the notification light causes the CPU to stay awake. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere to turn it off?

Ive seen lightflow or w/e but im not sure if that turns the process off or not.

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
Just freakin loving the **** outta this w the black inifitum theme. Works perfect! The black Exodus one for the gNex has a couple issues w lining things up on our phones...
But thanks Erick/tcp!!! This is awesome!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: darkfire2024

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland
So I'm guessing there aren't any fixes for receiving SMS. Other than that, was just wondering if it is safe to flash new kernels, such as the FD16 that was just released as long as its the same build?

gershee

So I'm guessing there aren't any fixes for receiving SMS. Other than that, was just wondering if it is safe to flash new kernels, such as the FD16 that was just released as long as its the same build?

no. unless it has been modified for aosp. there are slight changes that need to be made to stock tw kernels before they can be used on aosp roms...
I would wait for someone to release one of I were you...

Reactions: hrffd

ericlikeseatin

Oct 18, 2011
Was the stock video player left out of AOKP intentionally? I'v actually grown to like it but couldn't find it anywhere in build 32.

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland
no. unless it has been modified for aosp. there are slight changes that need to be made to stock tw kernels before they can be used on aosp roms...
I would wait for someone to release one of I were you...

Thanks.

Also, I have gotten 2 random reboots so far, I felt a vibrate and pulled my phone out of my pocket and it was on the Team Kang boot animation.

turtlenator694

Dec 11, 2010
Any way to silence the camera shutter? The toggle under Sounds in Settings doesn't work for me.

Also is it a requisite to be off of Wi-Fi and on 3G to send/receive MMS?

gershee

Any way to silence the camera shutter? The toggle under Sounds in Settings doesn't work for me.

Also is it a requisite to be off of Wi-Fi and on 3G to send/receive MMS?

/system/media/audio/UI/
delete or rename the camera click file.
if using root explorer make sure you click rw so you have the right permissions. I usually just delete the file altogether.

Reactions: turtlenator694

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
So, just to make sure, I am already on AoKPb32, I downloaded the update that was posted a little while ago, is there a way to just replace the msg app with the update? Or is it suggested to flash el26/cwr5 kernel and then flash the update?

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb32 FD10/16 aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

gershee

So, just to make sure, I am already on AoKPb32, I downloaded the update that was posted a little while ago, is there a way to just replace the msg app with the update? Or is it suggested to flash el26/cwr5 kernel and then flash the update?

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb32 FD10/16 aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

pull the mms.apk from the zip and adb push or use root explorer (but make sure to set the right permissions)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check here for the details of the old thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27412962
    All I can say is WOW! This build is coming along really nice. Very minor little bugs that of course has already been mentioned and is known about. Everyone involved has done a really great job. I can't wait to see how this thing progresses.

On a side note to TCP. Have you thought any about doing a Vanilla ICS ROM? I know alot of people love these extra tweaks but Im sure some would like a Pure Vanilla like what comes on the Gnex. Its just an idea to throw around. Again you guys have done a great job.

Yea i do have a vanilla rom, just never shared, ill upload later tonight when i get home from work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Hmmm... B39?? :D

Here is my own personal PORT of Build 39. Take it for what it is. I dont have an updated kernel since FF02 so that is what is included. I will not be maintaining it. Should work well enough to feed the need.

DOWNLOAD
    I know a lot of people were being douchebags because they didn't get an update every 3 days but what i want to know...

Did the development actually stop and the thread got closed down or...

...did they just close the thread because of those people mentioned above and once 38+ gets its kinks worked out it will be back?

Hasn't stopped. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    i dont really think thats appropriate. times_infinity is a well respected dev who came over and has since made aokp from source. he managed to figure out a lot of teh bugs and get it rolling pretty damn well in the time its taken him. (i started to work on making aokp from source myself about a week or so ago, got it compiling just not booting)

he doesnt have the device and he did a crapload of work to put out build 39, so i guess im failing to see where he isnt wanting to help?

i thought you were real busy with medical stuff and didnt have a whole lot of time? hence why aokp was still on build 37 cuz you had to swap libs and apks etc etc from the galaxy nexus build. his is purely a source built version which means that he can do it every week when a new version comes out and it takes compile time + upload. i figured youd be thanking him for helping relieve soime of teh workload off you... apparently i was wrong...

I logged on just for this :D, yea i was a bit moody for the past couple weeks, I do appreciate everything he has done :D, and i didnt mean the things i posted ( thats why they are gone :p) sorry for acting like a ****, wont happend again ;)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

yea dont flash.ive bricked. do not flash

o really? how was this? the rom has emmc brick fix, and a safe recovery everything so u dont brick ( thanks to chris)