Vivo Xplay 3S finally breaks the barrier as world's first 2K phone

Search This thread

jacide

Oct 9, 2013
Just when it looked as Samsung will be the first, or even Oppo who boasted they will do it first just yesterday, Vivo, at Beijing's Water Cube event center in China, has finally released the world's first mobile phone with 2560x1440 pixels resolution.

The Vivo Xplay 3S features a massive 6" 2560x1440pixels QHD(not the same as qHD) display with a PPI sum of 490 — though huge, but unfortunately not crashing through the 500 PPI barrier as expected(if it came with a 5.5-inch screen).

The phone is powered by's Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB SoC, 2.3GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The power juice is supplied by a 3200mAh battery. The Xplay 3S sports a 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, and can record 1080p motion pictures.

Now, away from the basics, the Vivo Xplay 3S is the model of a 2014 flagship. A fingerprint sensor just below the flash and stereo speakers at the back makes you wanna wish Santa for one right away.

Is the 2K resolution a bad-ass feature or a gimmick?

Source: bestmobs.com/vivo-xplay-3s-finally-breaks-the-worlds-first-2k-phone/

Last edited:

sterpas

Feb 9, 2011
Just when it looked as Samsung will be the first, or even Oppo who boasted they will do it first just yesterday, Vivo, at Beijing's Water Cube event center in China, has finally released the world's first mobile phone with 2560x1440 pixels resolution.

The Vivo Xplay 3S features a massive 6" 2560x1440pixels QHD(not the same as qHD) display with a PPI sum of 490 — though huge, but unfortunately not crashing through the 500 PPI barrier as expected(if it came with a 5.5-inch screen).

The phone is powered by's Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB SoC, 2.3GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The power juice is supplied by a 3200mAh battery. The Xplay 3S sports a 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, and can record 1080p motion pictures.

Now, away from the basics, the Vivo Xplay 3S is the model of a 2014 flagship. A fingerprint sensor just below the flash and stereo speakers at the back makes you wanna wish Santa for one right away.

Is the 2K resolution a bad-ass feature or a gimmick?

Source: bestmobs.com/vivo-xplay-3s-finally-breaks-the-worlds-first-2k-phone/

Not quite sute if our eye will be able to catch the difference of such a display. Personally I can't tell the difference between a galaxy S3 and galaxy S4...

corelle

Apr 10, 2007
Newark NJ
Note also

That Vivo is Made under OPPO's umbrella so technically speaking well you know the rest they are the first lol I want this phone so bad just for its advanced audio for wired music I cant find it anywhere I can trust to purchase it so ill wait some time it will be this the S5 or the find 7 another Oppo device! excited for either or mainly this one my last resource will be to ask a college friend who lives in china right now to go look for it for me lol

Last edited:

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
vivo xplay 3s seller

hey there,
here is the link for a trusted seller,he had problems shipping before but is now using TNT to ship and all is going smoothly,once you click on the vivo button you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and post questions to the seller,he will also put google on it for you before shipping
and i must say it is an awesome device...the antutu benchmark blows everything else out of the water,the only two cons are you cannot replace the battery and no ex sd other than that it just rocks...oh and you have to learn the os because there is no manual for it:good:
http://www.liaow.com/huaweilist.php