[Q] Poor Gaming performance on my play.

Search This thread

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
i'm experiencing this too.....asphalt 6 is driving me crazy cause it always stutter on important moment and I crash my car the next few secs

Exactly.Like what rogue leader said,it may be the SD card but I don't know why the Xperia Play should be relying much on the card.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Very occasional stutter in game actually.This happens so occasionally in the game that the controls responded a few seconds later after each moment it stutters,resulting in my character usually making an extra move which sometimes costs me.Everything else runs fine.By that I mean normal applications such as the android market and whatnot.Obviously, I wouldn't care much if the phone stutters during the startup of the game only.

If its very occasional I would say it runs the same as mine.

I don't think theres a way for it to get any better. While mine stutters occasionally screwing up my game slightly, I guess I just ignore it and keep going. I assumed yours was worse because you said constantly lagging but now you're telling me its very occasional. When mine stutters its usually only for a fraction of a second an really doesn't throw me off much. I believe thats normal.

Reactions: ahmfaris27

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011

I don't think theres a way for it to get any better. While mine stutters occasionally screwing up my game slightly, I guess I just ignore it and keep going. I assumed yours was worse because you said constantly lagging but now you're telling me its very occasional. When mine stutters its usually only for a fraction of a second an really doesn't throw me off much. I believe thats normal.

Well since you're putting up with it I guess it's logical to do so as well.Thanks for your help as well then brotha.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
setting the min seems to work.....maybe it just my imagination.........XD

Min?You mean by supercharging or setCPU?What did you set your min to and is your bootloader unlocked?Mine stutters for more then a second actually.

And is any class 4 SD card fine other than SanDisk's?They have imation's and much cheaper,so I'm curious whether that matters as well.I need to make sure of this or it might be a waste of my money.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Min?You mean by supercharging or setCPU?What did you set your min to and is your bootloader unlocked?Mine stutters for more then a second actually.

And is any class 4 SD card fine other than SanDisk's?They have imation's and much cheaper,so I'm curious whether that matters as well.I need to make sure of this or it might be a waste of my money.

Theres a thread somewhere on here that someone did a test between SD cards and found Sandisk to be the best and most consistent. They used another name brand (Kingston I think) that did not perform as well. I would say that an Imation would not be as good as a Sandisk, there is a reason Sandisk cards are consistently preferred to be used here and by other phone groups.

Reactions: ahmfaris27

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Theres a thread somewhere on here that someone did a test between SD cards and found Sandisk to be the best and most consistent. They used another name brand (Kingston I think) that did not perform as well. I would say that an Imation would not be as good as a Sandisk, there is a reason Sandisk cards are consistently preferred to be used here and by other phone groups.

I see.Many thanks as always.

ryballs

Apr 16, 2006
Woop Woop
I supercharged my xPlay, it is now silky smooth!!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

I am using V6 SuperCharger Update 9 RC4.
Your device must be rooted. I am not sure whether you need to unlock bootloader thought.

I will do up a guide/tutorial for the xPlay if the author allows me to.
That would be great as I find the current instructions slightly intimidating.. ie. If you do this wrong you will be stuck in a permanent boot loop.. lolz

Acerlyte

May 12, 2008
Just out of interest you guys experiencing stutters, does it happen more when you are moving the phone about? I know this is a strange question to ask but my Play stutters and slows down whenever my phone is moved about (you know how sometimes you get into a game and get a bit physical :p). Seriously though, i'd be interested to know...

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Just out of interest you guys experiencing stutters, does it happen more when you are moving the phone about? I know this is a strange question to ask but my Play stutters and slows down whenever my phone is moved about (you know how sometimes you get into a game and get a bit physical :p). Seriously though, i'd be interested to know...

Hmm dunno about that.I just experience stutters on FIFA and GTA,dunno why but it's surely not because I'm swinging it around XD.But this stutter I'm having on FIFA and GTA are not a one second thing though.Just a bit longer and quite persistent,though I'm sure for GTA the stutter issue is quite normal and doesn't affect much of gameplay for me.I just don't like it happening too frequently.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You shouldn't have to do all that. It sounds like there maybe is something wrong with your play.

A few things:

1. Clear your text messages. Having excessive messages jams this thing up quick, I have my limit set at 50 per convo and I delete any conversation I'm not actively participating in for a day or two

2. DO NOT KILL TASKS. This only makes the phone run worse. When you're playing a game its starting tasks from apps that want to update or whatever in the background which causes lag. It will take a few days to calibrate itself back but never kill tasks. The phone will allocate all the memory needed for whatever you're trying to run, this is not Windows you don't need to clear memory.

3. If you haven't already get yourself a Sandisk Class 4 memory card (Do not get a class 10). This is generally considered the optimal SD card for this device.

Doing these things only, my play is bone stock, WITH bloatware on it and all, and I only suffer very very very occasional stutter but otherwise no lag whatsoever.
    You could also try setting your min in setcpu to a higher number as I used to get bad lag when I had it too low.
    Very occasional stutter in game actually.This happens so occasionally in the game that the controls responded a few seconds later after each moment it stutters,resulting in my character usually making an extra move which sometimes costs me.Everything else runs fine.By that I mean normal applications such as the android market and whatnot.Obviously, I wouldn't care much if the phone stutters during the startup of the game only.