[Q] CID

Search This thread

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Hi ,

Wanting to get rid of 3 uk junk and flash to normal UK RUU

Do we need super CID?

My bootloader is unlocked , can't download the RUU from from the Dev section as all the slots are gone , or when it seems to work it errors out .

Has anyone got the latest UK RUU file they can share with me and can someone confirm if I need Super CID to run RUU to unbrand

Thanks in Advance

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010
Just flash Modaco or the Virtuous roms through recovery, these are unbranded and really good.

You will need to flash a Recovery image first though.

Reactions: wardy

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Hi and thanks

Yes , I understand this but I want to just unbrand through RUU then re-lock my bootloader.

Do we need Super CID ?

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Ok can someone remind me if I need S-Off to change the CID , playing around with ADB at the moment

alchemyst

Nov 9, 2008
If Im honest mate, no idea what you mean by CID...

But if you want a new rom, all that needs to be done is unlock bootloader, flash recovery, flash rom.

Thats all anyone has done in the dev threads, and worked fine for me (coming from a retail, unbranded unit).

You can 'lock' the bootloader again, BUT it never goes back to its true original state. This is as HTC designed their unlocking/locking process to be (and is stated in their terms when you go to their site to unlock).

Edit: OK, just read up on it. Possibly then! Depends how annoying 3 are I suppose... Probably best to ask one of the devs

Edit 2: CHeck the following, may be of help (though its for the One X)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594262
http://android.modaco.com/topic/353106-debrand-one-x/

Edit 3: If you're applying a flashable zip, does the CID limitiation on RUUs even come into play?

Last edited:

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Hi thanks ,

Yea what I want to achieve is this .

My CID is HG3____001 this will need to be changed to a CID that is HTC UK specific usually HTC_____001

To find out your CID in ADB

Fastboot Getvar CID

To get to a retail version from a branded version , what usually needed to happen was this .

Unlock bootloader , change CID to 11111111 via ADB

Run the specific UK RUU.exe

Change your CID to the HTC_____001 which is the usual default for UK unbranded devices .

re-lock your bootloader and then you should receive OTA updates from HTC instead of your network supplier which can take months

I can't remember if S-off was needed to do this. I have just checked revolution site and One s is not listed , will play around tonight though and see

Thanks for the help so far

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Hi, I know what CID is - coming from the Sensation.

I dont think its possible to change CID without S-OFF, you cant use advanced ADB functions with S-ON :(

Until revolutionary or someone else makes tool for S-OFF, we will just have to stick with HTCDev, Its not the best, but it allows to flash recovery and ROMs so its better than nothing.

Im pretty sure there will be some progress in the next few weeks, Once the phone is available worldwide :D

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Ahh ok , thanks , yea this phone is set S- on , so S-off will be needed sooner or later

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
yeah, as development develops and more rights are needed from the phone, S-0FF will eventually be a MUST.

I wish it was available already, I hate the fact that HTC know i have tampered with my HBOOT and voided my warranty.

Luckily enough, if i have a problem, my provider fixes / repairs the phone, Not HTC, So i might just get off lightly :D

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
I think HTC will know if you have tampered with the phone period if they wish to look that far into it .

Unless you fry your processor where you have set it too high etc then shouldn't be a problem. If you have a hardware problem such as your screen fails , battery etc then should be fine .

As you say though , if you brought it through a retail unit then that is where it is returned so in some respects is a bit easier as they will use a third party repairer acting for HTC .

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
well with the sensation it was possible to return everything back to stock, Including the bootloader and S-ON..

There was no way it could be diagnosed as being tampered with, If you did it properly..

But with HTCDev. youve already submitted a code (which i assume contains serial number) so all they have to do is check whether that device matches anything on their database of tampered devices. Thats why i dislike it so much..

But i need root for most of my apps so there was no workaround for me...

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
I see on the One X forum S-off is under way :( . Can't wait to get this baby to true stock.

Just did another Google search for S-Off on the S but nothing as yet .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just flash Modaco or the Virtuous roms through recovery, these are unbranded and really good.

You will need to flash a Recovery image first though.
    If Im honest mate, no idea what you mean by CID...

But if you want a new rom, all that needs to be done is unlock bootloader, flash recovery, flash rom.

Thats all anyone has done in the dev threads, and worked fine for me (coming from a retail, unbranded unit).

You can 'lock' the bootloader again, BUT it never goes back to its true original state. This is as HTC designed their unlocking/locking process to be (and is stated in their terms when you go to their site to unlock).

Edit: OK, just read up on it. Possibly then! Depends how annoying 3 are I suppose... Probably best to ask one of the devs

Edit 2: CHeck the following, may be of help (though its for the One X)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594262
    http://android.modaco.com/topic/353106-debrand-one-x/

Edit 3: If you're applying a flashable zip, does the CID limitiation on RUUs even come into play?
    Hi, I know what CID is - coming from the Sensation.

I dont think its possible to change CID without S-OFF, you cant use advanced ADB functions with S-ON :(

Until revolutionary or someone else makes tool for S-OFF, we will just have to stick with HTCDev, Its not the best, but it allows to flash recovery and ROMs so its better than nothing.

Im pretty sure there will be some progress in the next few weeks, Once the phone is available worldwide :D
    yeah, as development develops and more rights are needed from the phone, S-0FF will eventually be a MUST.

I wish it was available already, I hate the fact that HTC know i have tampered with my HBOOT and voided my warranty.

Luckily enough, if i have a problem, my provider fixes / repairs the phone, Not HTC, So i might just get off lightly :D