Screen colors leaked in middle of screen?

Search This thread

icewhitenewyear

Dec 27, 2007
scranton,pa
This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?

rd.raymond

Sep 29, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Mine too.. But i have a screen protector on it so I figured maybe its the screen protector? never really check it without the screen protection.

fatguybp

Jan 13, 2009
Snohomish
Yes.

My first fuze did this after a few days, its an exact square with sort of a frame, I was thinking it was condensation, but my phone has been dry always....
I thought it was weird that it was square shaped and a almost perfect square.

Anyone know what this is?

bauerpavel

Dec 25, 2006
Prague, Czech Republic
Yep...nothing unusual for raph unfortunatelly...my old post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2934571#post2934571

BTW, this is well known issue by HTC so replacement is in most cases done free of charge as a part of warranty. Eventhough I've heard that in some cases in UK, HTC was demanding some kind of payment for replacement.

Anyway, this cannot be fixed in any other way but replacing the screen....afaik

rccola159

Jul 12, 2007
I was told that it means that the screen under the digitizer is broken. Most likely from pressure on the middle of the screen.

pisqle

Mar 6, 2009
Pressure between flat wires, conductive tapes and backside of LCD screen causes the problem. You should take apart your Raphael to see the back of LCD. There is a very thing black tape around the display. Check it for any kinf of damage. If there is no sign of penetration, make the same thin tape from any kind of office tape and place it over dark one. I hope this can help you.

Be a HTC Indiana Jones, take the danger and DIY!

ozcaN

Feb 4, 2009
i was just about to start a post about this. the middle of my screern (75% of the screen) has these rainbow swirls and they form a perfect rectangle. you can also see a grid of dots. once i noticed this square i started havin problems where its as if someone is pressing the touchscren just on top right corner of this rectangle. so i cant go through menus and it will randomly go away. it also happens on other random locations. can someone explain what i should do?

Joe406

Feb 14, 2009
Mine just did the same thing. The phone seems to work normally. I called and I am sending it in for warranty repair. Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future? If they replace the screen, do they have some process in place to prevent the same issue? I really love this phone!

Joe406

Feb 14, 2009
Oh, and now my iPhone loving friends are all saying, "You shoulda got an iPhone!" I dont want a crappy iPhone, I just want a good screen! This is my second phone already.....I have never dropped or abused it in any way.... I really wish they used better quality screens. i can do tons more stuff with my phone that my "iPhone friends" cannot....

ozcaN

Feb 4, 2009
UPDATE: to anyone who gets this problem. I finally got around to calling ATT and they say its not a known problem so its not covered within warrenty. They want 500 to fix it.... Then I called HTC and they said this is whats known as a Newton ring and its due to pressure applied to the screen so they wont fix it under warrenty. Now they are asking for 200 for it to be fixed. Not worth the fix if u ask me. Thier rep was pretty shocked it was on a Fuze and said hes seen this before and they never fix it under warrenty so its not worth sending it in unless im prepared for the bill.