My Xperia J doesn't respond to anything...

Search This thread

Damian1994

Feb 8, 2014
Hello! I have a big trouble - in my Xperia J I have installed FXP CM10. Finally, I found yesterday a file, which switches internal memory with sd card. I was really happy. But later I had to restore original vold.fstab so I renamed the modified vold.fstab by putting one letter into "vold" and renamed original file to vold.fstab (of course both were in /system/etc). After that I pressed power button and chose "Reboot". And... when SXJ turned off, it has been still dead. :( I cannot do with that anything. It doesn't respond to charging, plugging into PC, LED is dead also, flashboot and fastboot mode don't work too. Is the service the only one way to fix that? Unfortunately, my warranty is probably not useful because of CM10 and root... :crying:
Please, give me some advises what to do with that until I give that into service.

PS: Ahh, I forgot - when I plug SXJ to PC, Windows says, it has installed drivers for ZEUS Flash Device.

Last edited:

tiestobunio

Oct 22, 2011
Poland
Update via Sony update service and you need to detect if there is a instal drivers and start having fun again with roms.

Last edited:

Damian1994

Feb 8, 2014
CtrlAltDellrl, I have a question to you - did you send your Xperia E to Sony service for fixing that? If so, what was wrong? How many did it cost?

Last edited by a moderator:

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
CtrlAltDellrl, I have a question to you - did you send your Xperia E to Sony service for fixing that? If so, what was wrong? How many did it cost?

No my phone was still under warranty so I took it to the shop where I bought it, they sent it to the Sony Service Centre. Sony have a policy if they can't repair the phone in 7 days, they replace it with a new one.

They couldn't repair it so I got a new one.

Please spread the word on this vold swap trick and it's dangers here when you can as the mods don't seem to care much.

Good luck :)

Reactions: Damian1994

Damian1994

Feb 8, 2014
And did your xperia E have custom ROM and/or was rooted? If so, did you tell them it had root and/or custom ROM? Or you just gave them it and they couldn't check because of damage and gave you the new one?
It would be great if I could give my J with custom ROM and root with warranty, but I don't know it works if I bought J in Orange for lower price.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread cleaned
If you have warranty fraud or a breaking of the rules to report..then report it!
There is a report button for that for a reason
Complaining that mods do nothing about it in an obscure thread will get you no where
Moderators do not screen all 100,000 posts per day entered into this site.
Use the report button.
Thank you for your cooperation
Senior Moderator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @CtrlAltDelIrl said he did this with his Xperia E - it hard-bricked the phone.

Try sending it to Sony - might give you a replacement.

Yeah his phone is hard-bricked. MOD EDIT - post edited of inflammatory comments
    @CtrlAltDelIrl said he did this with his Xperia E - it hard-bricked the phone.

Try sending it to Sony - might give you a replacement.

No my phone was still under warranty so I took it to the shop where I bought it, they sent it to the Sony Service Centre. Sony have a policy if they can't repair the phone in 7 days, they replace it with a new one.

They couldn't repair it so I got a new one.

Please spread the word on this vold swap trick and it's dangers here when you can as the mods don't seem to care much.

Good luck :)