[Q]AsusReader.apk fails to install [Solved]

Search This thread

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
UPDATE: I was able to install the .apk by copying it to /system/app/ no fuss no muss. Once there it was ready to run without as much as a reboot required. Thanks to baseballfanz for the solution.

I am running gnufabio's Revolver 4.0.3 RC3 and downloaded the removed apps zip. I am trying to install the AsusReader.apk (MyLibrary), when I used my TF101 stock I liked this app for PDF viewing much better than Polaris Office.

When I try and install it says installation failed, do I need to flash this via recovery (a la gapps)?

(I would have posted this in the ROM thread, but I don't have a high enough post count to post in there yet.)

Last edited:

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
I've never run into this error otherwise, try flashing via cwm, I think that's what was intended being a 'system' app.

MrMuz

Jan 14, 2010
Did you find a solution for this? I really liked the MyLibrary app, I have tried installing as a zip, manually putting in the zip folder etc. There seems to be a few of the Asus apps that won't install. Alternatively does anyone know of a good app that organises PDFs in a similar way to MyLibrary?

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
I haven't tried flashing via cwm yet, I need to get to my laptop so I can yank the stuff I don't want out of the zip.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

[edit]I just thought about what baseballfanz said and decided to give that a try. I used Root Explorer and moved the apk to /system/app and it was in my app list, no reboot needed.[/edit]

Last edited:

MrMuz

Jan 14, 2010
I tried moving the apk into the app folder but it didnt work. Are you using the apk from the revolver main post?

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
Yes, extract the apk and use a file explorer with root access. I used Root Explorer, find the extracted apk and long press on it select copy or move. Then navigate to /system/app and then touch paste.

MrMuz

Jan 14, 2010
I tried the exact same thing about 10 times and eventually it worked by renaming the APK to MyLibrary.apk. Very odd!

It's definitely the best app for displaying groups of PDF in a library view that I've found

Thanks for your help

Ocnel Telbat

Aug 31, 2012
AsusReader on Lenco TAB-9701

Hello MacFett,

I have tried to install the AsusReader.apk as both AsusReader.apk and MyLibrary.apk in the system/app folder, but it does not seem to work.
The icon shows up but when I tap it I get a message that the application has stopped (after 2-5 seconds). I'm using a Lenco TAB-9701 tablet.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I really like this app (I've used it on other tablets) and would very much like to get it working.
Furthermore, does anyone have information on how to root the 9701?
Thanks in advance for your help.

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
It maybe that it is fc'ing because these Asus stock apps for the transformer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If there's a cwm flashable file try that, if not try manually moving it to system/app instead of installing it like a regular apk