CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

handsupdb

Feb 15, 2012
What should I flash to be able to use face unlock/other ICS features not on CM9 yet? On Arcee's G+ page someone told me to but nobody says what or where to get it! Can anyone help?

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I thought we already have face unlock. It just doesn't work perfectly...for example doesn't work in landscape .

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I thought we already have face unlock. It just doesn't work perfectly...for example doesn't work in landscape .

Yeah, Face Unlock is part of the regular Gapps package. The file kumayam linked to above was back from when it was split into a separate package, but that is not the case anymore.

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
On the last few nightlies, the cell radio defaults to WCDMA after every reboot.

Is there any way to make it default to LTE so that it doesn't reset after every reboot?

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
What happened to the screen tap sounds for "clicking" certain icons? If you wear headphones you can actually hear the phones playing silence for a few seconds when it should be playing.

I realized later my volume for system sounds went to 0 using AudioManager app. I've found it jumps to 0 a lot and don't know why.

spiderkr

Dec 31, 2010
Minsk
update-cm-9-20120426-NIGHTLY-p930-signed.zip

hmmm.... after last update update-cm-9-20120426-NIGHTLY-p930-signed.zip
my phone is working very slow.. all apps are freezing even launcher..
I did all wipes before and even after i flashed the update. Anyone already flashed it ?

kumayam

Jan 20, 2008
I have no lags whatsoever, sorry to hear that, u might need a full data wipe and reflash

Sent from my LG-p930 Nitro CM9

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Hey guys,

is anybody's LTE connection showing to originate from somewhere in Kansas? Every time I run speedtest, the closest test server is picked up over at Kansas, and the LTE speed is simply horrendous, running at only about 3Mbps down and 8Mbps up. No matter what I do, I cannot get the phone to situate itself where I actually am (new york city). Prior to the last nightly (04-26), somehow I can still manage to get it back to nyc by maybe rebooting, or shutting down LTE and turning it back on, but this time, it's stuck at Kansas. I'll update this with some screenshots in the morning.

Also, HSPA+ network almost barely has data connection. It's showing I have full bar, but when I try to go online or run speedtest, most of the time it could not make a proper connection. Again, this is from the 04-26 nightly.

I hope these can be fixed, since today, at my job, we had an emergency where we needed to use my phone at a hotspot for 6 laptops but my LTE speeds were kinda too slow to handle all of them so we ended up connecting only 3. Plus, I spend so much time having to mess around with the settings just to get LTE properly selected by the phone since most of the time, the phone is stuck at HSPA+ network.

THank you again for all your generous hard work Arcee! :)

gmkelly001

Dec 28, 2006
Hey guys,

is anybody's LTE connection showing to originate from somewhere in Kansas? Every time I run speedtest, the closest test server is picked up over at Kansas, and the LTE speed is simply horrendous, running at only about 3Mbps down and 8Mbps up. No matter what I do, I cannot get the phone to situate itself where I actually am (new york city). Prior to the last nightly (04-26), somehow I can still manage to get it back to nyc by maybe rebooting, or shutting down LTE and turning it back on, but this time, it's stuck at Kansas. I'll update this with some screenshots in the morning.

Also, HSPA+ network almost barely has data connection. It's showing I have full bar, but when I try to go online or run speedtest, most of the time it could not make a proper connection. Again, this is from the 04-26 nightly.

I hope these can be fixed, since today, at my job, we had an emergency where we needed to use my phone at a hotspot for 6 laptops but my LTE speeds were kinda too slow to handle all of them so we ended up connecting only 3. Plus, I spend so much time having to mess around with the settings just to get LTE properly selected by the phone since most of the time, the phone is stuck at HSPA+ network.

I'm running the 4-26 nightly but if the location issue is specific to LTE, I can't confirm that as I don't have LTE where I live. On HSPA+ I'm being correctly directed to the closest server and download and uploads are normal.

KindaWack

Jan 11, 2011
Charlotte,NC
Hey guys,

I have always had the issue where speedtest thinks I'm in Wichita,Kansas.
The only thing that has ever helped me was using Google Location services, but that only works until i reboot then I'm back to Kansas.

spiderkr

Dec 31, 2010
Minsk
I have no lags whatsoever, sorry to hear that, u might need a full data wipe and reflash

Sent from my LG-p930 Nitro CM9

already wiped the phone and reflashed it for 7 times... Don`t know what to do :( it`s work perfectly before you touch the screen, after you launch any app or push any button it lags for 10 - 30 seconds... after that appears a message box where you can choose wait or close :mad:

airicd22

Oct 13, 2010
I'm not experiencing any lag on the 0426 build. Does anyone know what's new on it?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

rsalan

Jan 11, 2012
Boston
already wiped the phone and reflashed it for 7 times... Don`t know what to do :( it`s work perfectly before you touch the screen, after you launch any app or push any button it lags for 10 - 30 seconds... after that appears a message box where you can choose wait or close :mad:

Have you tried re-flashing an older nightly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP