ADB Offline and no access to bootloader

Search This thread

andrei1015

Sep 19, 2011
Amsterdam
OnePlus Nord
A few days ago I've tried using ADB but it said my device is offline. Earlier I tried ADB over network. Again, it said my phone is offline. So I wanted to see if I can get ADB access from the bootloader. Surprize: I can't get into the bootloader. If I turn my phone off and press Volume Down + Power, it just boots.

Now, my phone is working good, I just wanted adb access to do that darn EFS backup. And what's up with that "can't get into bootloader" stuff? I did it fine and dandy when I rooted my phone..

EDIT: well, since I can not do the backup the normal way, I just downloaded the efs folder as a zip. and dev/block/. Is it as effective as the normal way?

Last edited:

_android_

Jan 15, 2011
Toronto
A few days ago I've tried using ADB but it said my device is offline. Earlier I tried ADB over network. Again, it said my phone is offline. So I wanted to see if I can get ADB access from the bootloader. Surprize: I can't get into the bootloader. If I turn my phone off and press Volume Down + Power, it just boots.

Now, my phone is working good, I just wanted adb access to do that darn EFS backup. And what's up with that "can't get into bootloader" stuff? I did it fine and dandy when I rooted my phone..

EDIT: well, since I can not do the backup the normal way, I just downloaded the efs folder as a zip. and dev/block/. Is it as effective as the normal way?

It is Vol-Up + Power for bootloader. And you can't have adb access in bootloader mode. Only fastboot access.

_android_

Jan 15, 2011
Toronto
Ok but why isn't adb working? Why does it always say it's offline?

Sent from my Google Nexus S

It could be that you installed some software/driver that overrides a working USB driver.

Try install Google USB driver from Android SDK Tools.

1. Install Android SDK Tools
  2. When SDK Manager runs, select Google USB Driver, see attached pic
  3. If missed, run SDK Manager again as Administrator

Also, make sure you turn on Developer options and "check" Andoid (USB) debugging option in Developer options setup.

Attachments

• sdk-manager.jpg
    sdk-manager.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
  • sdk-manager-admin.png
    sdk-manager-admin.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

andrei1015

Sep 19, 2011
Amsterdam
OnePlus Nord
It could be that you installed some software/driver that overrides a working USB driver.

Try install Google USB driver from Android SDK Tools.

1. Install Android SDK Tools
  2. When SDK Manager runs, select Google USB Driver, see attached pic
  3. If missed, run SDK Manager again as Administrator

Also, make sure you turn on Developer options and "check" Andoid (USB) debugging option in Developer options setup.

Yup, I have all of the above.. Still offline >.<

andrei1015

Sep 19, 2011
Amsterdam
OnePlus Nord
just tested at work and it says "device" instead of "offline" which is good I think. The only difference is that at work I installed the SDK long after I got it at home and it has a slightly different folder structure and it also comes with eclipse.