Sensors.qcom eating battery!

Search This thread

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
I have a sprint LG g2.
Just recently the process Sensors.qcom started using cpu all the time and is murdering my battery life.
I am unrooted using stock everything.

What is Sensors.qcom and how can I stop it from eating my battery?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

inpherknow

Oct 17, 2011
I have a sprint LG g2.
Just recently the process Sensors.qcom started using cpu all the time and is murdering my battery life.
I am unrooted using stock everything.

What is Sensors.qcom and how can I stop it from eating my battery?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm having this problem also.

What is sensors.qcom?

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
I toggled all of my sensors and rebooted a few times and the next day the process was gone.
Haven't seen it since. Doesn't even show in battery usage anymore.

I read something about apps that don't shut down the sensor after it finished using it and the still in use sensor was why that process was running.
But I'm not sure if that is even close to what is happening.

Try seeing if it's running around time of startup, if it is, find out which downloaded apps auto start and disable or uninstall them and reboot again.

Sent from my Sprint LG G2 (LS980) using Tapatalk.

markdexter

Oct 24, 2010
just had this issue myself, anyone else had it and managed to fix it??

My phone is 3 days old and noticed my batterylife wasn't as good today, it came down to Sensors.qcom.

Can anyone else tell me there experience?

markdexter

Oct 24, 2010
I also have a nexus 7, I was seeing the same issue with it.
So I found sensors. Qcom in system/bin, then changed its name to sensors.qcom.bak.
I lost my accelerometer, but things seem to be fine.

This is the problem with our G2s. Certain apps are keeping the accelerometer in use after the app has closed, a definite Google issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
I also have a nexus 7, I was seeing the same issue with it.
So I found sensors. Qcom in system/bin, then changed its name to sensors.qcom.bak.
I lost my accelerometer, but things seem to be fine.

This is the problem with our G2s. Certain apps are keeping the accelerometer in use after the app has closed, a definite Google issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well need to find those bloody apps then. I have GiONEE Elife E7 with same battery drain issue with sensor.qcom

maxim4ik82

Dec 16, 2019
I had such a problem for a long time. But then I used the application "Ccleaner for Android 2.0" (or later) and delete this process. It was in the section "Delete at your discretion". I have LG G2 sprint unlocked by a European operator with root. All my sensors (accelerometer) work very well. sensors.qcom stay in system/bin