Why? and how to fix it :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 643

remo0073

May 28, 2014
ITALY
Hi everyone, here's my last release : MotoG Logo Flasher.

A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.

(...)

@Kameo

It would be possible to update MotoG Logo Flasher in order to solve this little bug with new 4.4.3/4.4.4 stock Motorola firmwares

new logo light

extract image from "motorola boot services"

I'm using this bootlogo for my Moto G XT1032 with Android 4.4.3 US but it's not "completely" OK
I try to explain

I found a difference between 4.4.2 firmware and 4.4.3 - 4.4.4 firmwares, regarding the stock bootlogo, when the bootloader is unlocked.

In 4.4.2 firmware, it is shown the "unlocked bootloader logo" when I start phone, I enter recovery and I charge the phone when it is off.
This fix replace the "unlocked bootloader logo" with the "Powered by Android" logo in all of these "situations".

In 4.4.3 - 4.4.4 firmwares, the boot logo "structure" is different.
It is shown the "unlocked bootloader logo" when I start phone and I enter recovery, but when I charge phone if it is off, it is shown the "Powered by Android" boot logo, even if the bootloader is unlocked.

For this reason, it happens that this "old" fix with new firmwares (4.4.3- 4.4.4) replace the "unlocked bootloader logo" with "Powered by Android" logo only when I start the phone or I reboot in recovery mode, but when I charge the phone when off, there is no bootlogo at all, only a vibration, dark screen and then charge animation.

It is possible to have a new bootlogo to adjust this issue?
(That is "Powered by Android" logo also for charging.)

Sorry for my poor english
Hope it is clear

Thanks in advance
;)

You're right, I'm looking for a way to resolve this error, but I could check all the "bootlogo" have this same error, I had not noticed because they rarely charge the phone while turned off and really had not paid attention

If needed links to original posts from another tread

post #106
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52903436

posts #218-219
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54897583

abc150781

Jan 13, 2011
Help....

I can't create a new logo from the attached image. I get a message "file too big". Who can help me and modify the image to be able to create a logo.bin file.
I've attached the .jpg and the gimp file also.

Thx

BR
Patrick

Attachments

• coc_logo_moto_g.jpg
    coc_logo_moto_g.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 547
  • coc_logo_moto_g.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

caitsith2

Jul 25, 2013
www.caitsith2.com
Help....

I can't create a new logo from the attached image. I get a message "file too big". Who can help me and modify the image to be able to create a logo.bin file.
I've attached the .jpg and the gimp file also.

Thx

BR
Patrick

Done, no modification needed to the image, as I used the tool I created to make the logo.bin, which also has the added benefit of being flashable zip that can be flashed using TWRP or CWM.

Attachments

• coc_logo_moto_g.zip
    663.5 KB · Views: 99

t2noob

Feb 26, 2010

A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.

Current functionality:
- Convert your custom picture to a raw picture.
- Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
- Then inject it into a working logo.bin for you to flash.
- It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).

How to use:
- Download and extract the attached zip.
- Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
- Run my app [MGLF] and hit the [Create logo.bin] button.
- You'll see a preview of your picture and can then decide to flash it or not.
- If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.

- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
- The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
- If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.

Bugs:
None so far (you tell me).
Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.

Download:
Just grab the attached zip file and hit the Thanks button.

MD5: ee5a93c6a9564913eaff62a00b79bf5c

Thanks to:
Carock, for decrypting the logo.bin compression algo.
fosilva, for his nowarning little hack.
Madshi, for his great madExcept lib.
And you for using it. Have a nice day and enjoy it.

Planned additions:
- Reboot/Flash from the app.
- Fix some bugs if ever found.

iygdok.jpg

206brjr.jpg
I know this isn't for my phone but....
I had a question will this work on the nexus 6? it uses the same format to be able to change the logo.bin files but wanted to know if something could go wrong if i tried using your app for the nexus 6 a device its not made for.... since the resolution etc is different im guessing...
EDIT: I'm curious if maybe you'd be willing to add support for our phone? :) im sure people would be very grateful for it. I just don't know how to convert a pic to the logo.bin format so im looking for an automated way.

Last edited:

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
First off, never ever quote the full OP, it's rude and useless.
Then, no, it won't work on your phone since the screen/format is different.
If you do, you might just get locked up on bootloader or so.

mayank.kapoor1203

Jan 18, 2015
Not working on my PC

It always displays an error VCOMP100.dll is missing try reinstalling.
Can you pl. provide the logo.bin for the attached image.

Attachments

• motog-lollipop-boot.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

williegomezt

Jan 13, 2010
Did you still tke request? can you make me the logo.bin for this?

Attachments

• Orchid_(Killer_Instinct).jpg
    Orchid_(Killer_Instinct).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 348

Pika71

Oct 6, 2013
plus.google.com

Current functionality:
- Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
- It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).

How to use:
- Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
- If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.

- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
- The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
- If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.

Bugs:
Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.

Download:

Thanks to:

Planned additions:

iygdok.jpg

206brjr.jpg

is possible, one high resolution? for moto maxx
great job, regards

liewsenghan

Dec 9, 2012
Need some help here

Can someone please convert this into logo.bin for me?It shows error in my pc

Attachments

• mylogo2.rar
    101.6 KB · Views: 97

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Can someone please convert this into logo.bin for me?It shows error in my pc
Which error ? If you don't tell us i can't fix it...
Anyway, here it is, just unpack the zip file (the board won't let me upload it as logo.bin, had to zip it) and copy it into MGLF folder, next to "flash logo.bat" and run the previous bat file to flash it.

Attachments

• logo.zip
    123.1 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: liewsenghan

liewsenghan

Dec 9, 2012
Thank You :D

Which error ? If you don't tell us i can't fix it...
Anyway, here it is, just unpack the zip file (the board won't let me upload it as logo.bin, had to zip it) and copy it into MGLF folder, next to "flash logo.bat" and run the previous bat file to flash it.
here's a screenshot of the error and thank you so much haha

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 702

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
@Kameo>> hi mate, i downloaded the attached image as per specification 720x1080 but when i tried to create the logo.bin file using your tool i got an error message which reads "Error...splash file is too big to fit in" :(
what did i miss? please advise. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• lumia-920-ironman-720x1280.jpg
    lumia-920-ironman-720x1280.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 350

mmims24

Jun 25, 2014
Millbrook
Anyone still doing requests? I have no computer access to use the bout logo creator and AFAIK, nobody has made an android app for it.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

Shady_Groovi

Dec 29, 2014
splash file is too big to fit in logo.bin

Always getting splash file is too big to fit in logo.bin file error..i tried all the steps

mmims24

Jun 25, 2014
Millbrook
@Kameo Any way of make this app executable on device with terminal or perhaps an .apk for those of us with limited computer access??

Sent from my falcon using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Current functionality:

How to use:

Bugs:

Download:

Thanks to:

Planned additions:

iygdok.jpg

206brjr.jpg
    It looks like the colour information is coded BGR instead of RGB or vice versa. The blue and red values are swapped over. Would it be an easy task to add this conversion into your utility and output the logo.bin in this format?

you're right, images are coded in BGR instead of RGB :good:
    this is my first custom boot logo, hope you like ...

logo_moto_v3_RVB.png

logo_moto_v3_BVR.png

flash into recovery,
    tested and worked fine with CWM ...

thanks to @Kameo
    Doge and Steve finally arrive on Moto G!
    For sure, the more the merrier :D
    I could then even compile them into a sorta database where people can select from.

Cool, good idea :thumbup: :)

Envoyé de mon Moto G en utilisant Tapatalk