Dev Questions?

Search This thread
R

RootTheNoob

I just got the LG Thrill today and I love the phone so far, my question is. Should I return it and go back to my Inspire or wait? Because it looks like the Dev section here is dead and I don't know whether soon there will be any changes or updates. Any advice? 0_o

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
I just got the LG Thrill today and I love the phone so far, my question is. Should I return it and go back to my Inspire or wait? Because it looks like the Dev section here is dead and I don't know whether soon there will be any changes or updates. Any advice? 0_o

No one wants to dev on 2.2 when 2.3 is only weeks away. When Gingerbread is released, it should pick up.

I want to thank the Devs that have been so kind to give us the mods so far with 2.2. Can't wait for 2.3 and of course CM7 (which is in process as we speak)

R

RootTheNoob

So when 2.3 is released what do I do? Do I have to update my device? Can I update it if it's rooted?

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
So when 2.3 is released what do I do? Do I have to update my device? Can I update it if it's rooted?

no your going to need to go back to stock rom and remove CWM if you have it on and unroot... or you will not be able to get the OTA... but when it comes out GTG said he would grab the update and make a rom right away for it.. so im not worried about it...

R

RootTheNoob

So I won't need to go back? I can just like wait for the new rom to come out and flash it? Or what? And do you think MIUI will be ported anytime soon?

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Personally I'm just gonna wait for gtg to make the new gb rom when it comes out... I'm not gonna wanna go all the way back to stock to get gingerbread which will have all the bloat and stupid waste stuff and limited data speeds...

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Personally I'm just gonna wait for gtg to make the new gb rom when it comes out... I'm not gonna wanna go all the way back to stock to get gingerbread which will have all the bloat and stupid waste stuff and limited data speeds...

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...

My thoughts exactly. Not worth the effort to go back to stock just to get an OTA when our devs will make it better soon there after.

R

RootTheNoob

Sounds good I'm looking forward to the release of CM7, Leedroid, or MIUI. I'm hoping more towards MIUI, because I believe that it would be beautifully ported on this phone. And with CM7 and Leedroid this thing would just fly.

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
You can flash Optimus 3D Roms with no problems besides loss of "4G". They have more Roms, the 2D to 3D converter, and CM7.