[ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 Euroskank KANGS &Trinity Kernels

Search This thread

kgorczyn

Jul 7, 2011
I'm having trouble getting my Facebook contacts to sync - Even though sync is selected, they are not syncing. Any ideas? Is that even a feature of this ROM?

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
i need a tester thats using the very latest cm9/kang. its a t144 kernel, boots to 1ghz, it has both the wifi modules in the old and new(cm9) locations. t144-420-themapples http://goo.gl/UfGmu
i can confirm it works on rascream(aosp), i need confirmation that wifi and wireless/wired tethering works with the very latest cm9(nightly)/kang. thank you in advance :)

Last edited:

thedudejdog

Sep 22, 2008
Kansas City Mo
i need a tester thats using the very latest cm9/kang. its a t144 kernel, boots to 1ghz, it has both the wifi modules in the old and new(cm9) locations. t144-420-themapples http://goo.gl/UfGmu
i can confirm it works on rascream(aosp), i need confirmation that wifi and wireless/wired tethering works with the very latest cm9(nightly)/kang. thank you in advance :)

I'll update once it finishes downloading

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
O I know. Your even more obsessively persistent than I am when you want things just right, lol

†††

Lol..sometimes the persistence pays off. Last night my phone slept better than I did..

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335025828879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335025828879.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 268

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
i need a tester. someone thats running newer cm9(nightly/kang). i need them to reflaash the latest rom, flash an older kernel then yesterdays builds. boot up and make sure that wifi isnt working. then go back and flash this http://goo.gl/94HhY its the Trinity CM module move mess fixer(tcmmmmf.zip). if your wifi still doesnt work, just flash the newest trinity kernel on top. morfic made a zip for people, who are on kernels that havent updated for cm9's wifi mess yet, and have a hard time fixing it themselves. but hed like it tested first. since im not on cm9 right now, im looking for a tester. thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here you will find cm9 kangs for the NS4G from euroskank http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/crespo4g/
    gapps are needed. gapps http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    the changes/cherry picks are on the right in the link. the first kang includes..

Common
    * Framework: Remove useless PowerDialog class
    * Framework: SystemUI: Fix data activity overlay not being removed when data is disabled
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Show Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Fade Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Rename Launcher to Trebuchet
    * Launcher2: Preferences Show/Fade Page Indicator (AllApps)
    * Launcher2: PagedView: Transition Effects Optimizations + Cleanup

Device
    * Crespo/4g: Update binary kernel
    * Crespo/4g: Data usage limit/reporting enabled

ps. i dont compile these, i just share them.

LATEST TRINITY KERNELS
    For the Nexus S & NS4G
    Get all the latest Trinity ICS kernels here at DerKernel http://www.derkernel.com/ics-crespo.php
    including an updated TEUV, T11, T132, and a T144 all with KSM, BLN, BLD, BIGMEM, and Voodoo Sound V10. Both anykernel version and CM9 ramdisk versions available for all :D
    Seems as though cm is doing little stupid things like this lately. Trying to force us to use their built in kernel? Why would they do this last little thing? I'm not a dev so I am trying to understand why they moved this stuff around other than to make it a pain for people to have to make a special kernel just for cm. Making me more and more look elsewhere for roms. Just wondering.

†††

Unfortunately some practices seem that way, so I'll plus one that.
    Now i put my serious cap on and say it's just rash decisions by a not controlled enough too large team.
    CM is not a one man show, things can get away, and "CM" is blamed when it might or might not be an individual's choices.

That said, these kernels will install on rascream and cm, cause that's how simple a fix they could have implemented, to allow old kernels to work, put out the word and once kernels are updated, you can remove it.

That's why i say "rash" decision, looks not thought out and in need of leadership approval.

Patches that had been used for months and had often supporting apps by the developers were intentionally broken under the cover of "wanting to avoid problems with third party apps", creating odd situations where kernel devs received questions to fix BLN since it is broken when the code was untouched kernel side.
    In essence CM trampled over things like BLN or voodoo sound creating problems for the devs, creating extra work for those devs (ok, in some cases this lead to new developments spurred by the infuriating situation)

Talks had been started to rectify the issue, things slowed back down, not dead, people do get busy, and bam something new silly happens, breaking compatibility to AOSP, your base, is dumb, hard to not make conclusions.

See what happened there? I said CM, sounds like i mean all of CM, doesn't it? Every individual? when it's not CM as a whole, there are tons of CM devs who are not the problem, it's the restructuring a project of that size needs that allows devs to "glitch" and make broad changes that have ill effects like the one just witnessed that i refer to as CM, the organization, not the capable individuals that bust their ass to provide something for the community to share.

Until this is rectified, it will appear to people like the little guy who stuck it to "The Man" by bringing roms and capabilities to phones that the manufacturers didn't even dream of has in fact become, in a grotesque turn of events, become "The Man"
    I have a custom gapps I've been using that has wallet enabled and does some other stuff...removes extra keyboards, music app, etc. I can make available if needed. I'm the one compiling the Euroskank Crespo 4G builds.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I believe I have mms fixed...look for a new build tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Which version? I did that too and nothing... v :confused: v

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Latest Trinity kernels have been fixed for moved module folder location since shortly after CM moved them, try one from Testing tab at www.derkernel.com click crespo, click testing, pick one of the recent ones, et voila!
    (Trinity will actually work on both new CM, old CM, aosp, Trinity is a Honeybadger, it doesn't care, it just doesn't give a ****, it just works.