Tablet S skin.

Search This thread

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Hi.

In thinking about buying one of the gel skins off eBay USA. I've just got the tablet and I'm finding it a bit plasticky and hollow sounding. I'm thinking that a skin might deaden the sound a bit.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Gel-Si...?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item33729d73ce
Looks good and US $11.99 is not a bad price. Amazon.com has the same item labeled "by Sony" in black (ASIN: B007BXZI2O) and purple (ASIN: B007BXZYPA) for US $7.99 with free Amazon Prime Membership 2-day shipping. Non-Prime standard 3-day shipping is probably US $2.99, but I'm guessing the cost.

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Hi Cat.

I'll be shipping to the UK so I need to factor in shipping. The Amazon one just looks like the same one off ebay - it doesn't look Sony branded.

For some bizarre reason I can't find them in the UK at all. Very strange.

They are both roughly the same price so I'll just choose either.

Thanks.

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
i seen that cover but only question is that will the case cover the IR remote on top of the tablet?
I ordered one from Amazon.com and will receive it tomorrow evening. After I install it on the tablet, I will post here to let you know whether or not the skin covers the IR sensor.

Edit: I received and installed the skin. Fits well. None of the tablet's features (power plug, buttons, speakers, etc.) are blocked. And yes, there is a hole for the IR sensor.

Last edited:

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Hi Cat.

Please tell me what you think of the skin as I'm close to ordering one myself. Please tell me if its a tight fit (a must) and whether you think that it makes the tablet feel too think.

I really want one to make the tablet feel more solid in the hand. As much as I love Google and hate Apple I really miss the build quality of my old iPad 1. I also think HC is an abomination of an OS - What were Google thinking!!

Look forward to your report and pics would be nice if possible :)

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Hi Cat.

Please tell me what you think of the skin as I'm close to ordering one myself. Please tell me if its a tight fit (a must) and whether you think that it makes the tablet feel too think. I really want one to make the tablet feel more solid in the hand. As much as I love Google and hate Apple I really miss the build quality of my old iPad 1. I also think HC is an abomination of an OS - What were Google thinking!! Look forward to your report and pics would be nice if possible :)
I purchased a black skin (ASIN: B007BXZI2O) from Amazon.com, so go to their web site to see photographs. I like the skin. Its color is a perfect dark charcoal. It fits very well and tighly hugs the tablet's form. When I am handling the tablet, the skin does not feel like it is going to fall off and the back part does not feel floppy. It has a good industrial rubber feel and it makes the tablet feel more solid and protected, which is a plus for me because I am an industrial controls engineer and I frequently use my tablet in the field. The skin has openings in all the right places and does not block any of the tablet's features. I feel purchasing the skin was a wise choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: anurbanlegend

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
I've just tried to purchase it off Amazon but they don't ship to the UK.

I'll have to purchase the one off ebay. It looks the same but you never know until you get it.

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Just bought the one off ebay. Probably take about 2 weeks to get here. It was just over £11 with the exchange being as it is so can't grumble at the price.

Cheers.

anurbanlegend

Aug 29, 2007
I purchased a black skin (ASIN: B007BXZI2O) from Amazon.com, so go to their web site to see photographs. I like the skin. Its color is a perfect dark charcoal. It fits very well and tighly hugs the tablet's form. When I am handling the tablet, the skin does not feel like it is going to fall off and the back part does not feel floppy. It has a good industrial rubber feel and it makes the tablet feel more solid and protected, which is a plus for me because I am an industrial controls engineer and I frequently use my tablet in the field. The skin has openings in all the right places and does not block any of the tablet's features. I feel purchasing the skin was a wise choice.

Do you have the Sony cradle and if so, does the tablet fit in there with the skin on it? Thanks!

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Hi all.

I got the skin in the post the other day. I'm not too impressed with it TBH. It is not the snuggest of fits - its a bit loose.

I don't think I'll use it TBH. I'm getting used the plastic nature of the Tablet S.

Cheers.

putente

May 17, 2012
I'm also interested in buying a rubber skin for my Tablet S, and this one is the only one I can find (at eBay and Amazon). One user here says it's great and another says it's not so great... Anyone else has experience with these? :rolleyes:

Jipster65

May 28, 2012
Ordered one on ebay

Hello All,

Just ordered on of those skins on Ebay in america...

Since im in Europe it might take a while for the thing to arrive..

I will keep you all posted :D

Regards Jip

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
I'm also interested in buying a rubber skin for my Tablet S, and this one is the only one I can find (at eBay and Amazon). One user here says it's great and another says it's not so great... Anyone else has experience with these? :rolleyes:
I purchased a Black Silicone Skin from Amazon.com six weeks ago and so far it's held up nicely. I remove the skin nightly so I can put my tablet in its cradle and put the skin back on every morning, and today it still fits as snug as it did the first time I put it on my tablet.

Reactions: putente

putente

May 17, 2012
I purchased a Black Silicone Skin from Amazon.com six weeks ago and so far it's held up nicely. I remove the skin nightly so I can put my tablet in its cradle and put the skin back on every morning, and today it still fits as snug as it did the first time I put it on my tablet.

Thanks. I'm definitely buying one for mine! I also have to order it from eBay, as Amazon.com doesn't ship it to my address... :(

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
If anyone is in the UK they can buy mine for £8 posted.

Only used it once.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Cat.

Please tell me what you think of the skin as I'm close to ordering one myself. Please tell me if its a tight fit (a must) and whether you think that it makes the tablet feel too think. I really want one to make the tablet feel more solid in the hand. As much as I love Google and hate Apple I really miss the build quality of my old iPad 1. I also think HC is an abomination of an OS - What were Google thinking!! Look forward to your report and pics would be nice if possible :)
    Do you have the Sony cradle and if so, does the tablet fit in there with the skin on it? Thanks!
    Yes, I have a cradle and no, the tablet will not fit into the cradle if the skin is on it. But the skin is easy to remove and put back on (I do it carefully, taking my time), so it is not a problem for me.
    I want the skin from the pic of the first post,but in color purple,but i from mexico andi dont know how buy and the other things...anyone can help to buy that amazing skin?
    Amazon.com sells that skin in purple for $6.99 USD plus shipping cost.
    Amazon.com vende esa piel de color púrpura por $6.99 USD más gastos de envío.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BZ6XBC/

Amazon.com will ship to Mexico.
    Amazon.com enviará a México.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200578540

Contact Amazon.com for assistance with purchasing the skin.
    Póngase en contacto con Amazon.com para asistencia con la compra de la piel.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200486840