on demand lockscreen?

Search This thread

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
searched but couldn't find it so hopefully someone can help.....

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 III
Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: Ma$etas

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?

I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.

Reactions: Ma$etas

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Tried figuring that out but couldnt find a solution. thanks either way.

I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Tried this and so far working great just what i was looking for. Hopefully someone can figure out a way for the phone to do it without having to install a third party app, but for now NO LOCK is working great. Thanks.

I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.

I did this but ill use it for a quick minute or less then it will shut off then at the time i turn the screen back on its locked and i have to unlock it and what i wanted was when suddenly i have to put my phone down and i want it to be locked with a push of a button without having to go into settings and setting it up . thanks either way as well.

Reactions: pcmanager

BTechresearch

Jun 1, 2014
No Lock No Work But...

No Lock didn't work but a different app from the store call No Lock Screen works like a charm (for the exact problem you described).

smart_thingup

Oct 15, 2009
Jakarta
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
hey @Ma$etas , do you found another app or way to solve your problem ?

Same as you, I need on demand lock screen, I lock when I want. I didn't want to unlock using pattern or pin every time I use my phone.
But, I need to lock it sometimes. If I left my phone on desk, when I'm sleeping and any other condition

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
hey @Ma$etas , do you found another app or way to solve your problem ?

Same as you, I need on demand lock screen, I lock when I want. I didn't want to unlock using pattern or pin every time I use my phone.
But, I need to lock it sometimes. If I left my phone on desk, when I'm sleeping and any other condition

No, i never did . I remember i tried a few apps but they all had one or other issue.

I gave up on looking for one and just manually set it up .

Reactions: smart_thingup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

Tried figuring that out but couldnt find a solution. thanks either way.

Tried this and so far working great just what i was looking for. Hopefully someone can figure out a way for the phone to do it without having to install a third party app, but for now NO LOCK is working great. Thanks.

I did this but ill use it for a quick minute or less then it will shut off then at the time i turn the screen back on its locked and i have to unlock it and what i wanted was when suddenly i have to put my phone down and i want it to be locked with a push of a button without having to go into settings and setting it up . thanks either way as well.