Water proof RAZR

Search This thread

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
My wife and I both have razrs and today hers ended up dropping into the toilet after she have finished. She pulled it out and proceeded to wash it off in the sink. Of course she would since she had just taken a leak. So once she notices that it's still working she decides to tell me about it. I took it out of its holster and got more water out then removed the same and sim and blew out even more water. After making sure I had gotten all the water out that I could without splitting the case I put it all back together and all seems well. I guess they really are water resistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

adaimespechip

Mar 3, 2009
Bristol
Water resistant = Being splashed with water / can withstand being in the rain for a while

Being fully submerged in the toilet and then WASHED under a running tap is not what a phone is designed phone.

It's advertised as water resistant, not water proof.

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
Extremely lucky. We have the extended warranty but it's $100 deductible if I recall. And toilet drops are covered.
Still nice to know that they are very good at being water resistant.
And hey, my wife leaks but the phone doesn't.

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
Your phone will work for approximately 2-3 months and then possibly will stop working due to corrosion. Swap up the phone if you can asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Sparkimus

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
New one arrives tomorrow for $99. Guess I get to test all the backup apps.
And when she dropped the ipad it cost $65 to fix the shattered screen.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Get her the Galaxy Journal when it comes out. It'll be too big too fit in the bowl.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
Already have the replacement and the old pissy one boxed up to go back. I didn't want to chance letting moisture corrode inside so I sprung for the $99 replacement from the insurance. Besides, she had dropped that thing so many times I'm surprised it worked anyway.

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
She did it again with the replacement RAZR. And rinsed it off again. Don't think this one will pull through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
Time to get the Motorola defy or the xperia go. Good deals on eBay ;)

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iucidium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine fell out of my pocket when I was moving out of my dorm the beginning of May. It was storming like all hell so it sat under 6 inches of water on a sidewalk (also about a 3 foot drop from my pocket) for around 5 or 6 minutes before I even realized I'd lost it. Backtracked and found it eventually. Still worked.
    I plugged it into my car dock like an idiot when I got into the car five minutes later too and still had no issues. Never drained it. Never blew water out of it. Nothin'. She's still runnin' like a beauty.
    Your phone will work for approximately 2-3 months and then possibly will stop working due to corrosion. Swap up the phone if you can asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium App
    Yuck!
    I still don't understand phone toilet drops.
    Good thing she was just peeing. I doubt the Razr is poo resistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LOL Amen To That!!!
    Time to get the Motorola defy or the xperia go. Good deals on eBay ;)

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app