[BOOT ANIMATION] DOCTOR WHO WEEPING ANGEL w/ SPLASH SCREEN

Search This thread

ediebol

Mar 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
My first boot animation... A little large, but it works... and if you like Doctor Who, it is awesome, especially paired with the Splash Screen!

Place bootanimation.zip in the system/media/ folder, and flash "flashthisimage.zip" in recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnjmtyfa136zewi/zwnte6kSFn

8.gif

Special thanks to wewoapsiak for taking a second to make the gif for the OP (since I was too slow!!)

Last edited:

EggosEvo

Feb 8, 2011
Kansas City
I now love you forever. I haven't seen what it looks like. But any Doctor Who boot animation has to be good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Casbah

Aug 31, 2010
Washington DC
Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone

Last edited:

ediebol

Mar 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone

You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.

Casbah

Aug 31, 2010
Washington DC
You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic! :)

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message. :silly: haha

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic! :)

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message. :silly:

Just unpacked them both again and can't find the Keep Calm png files anywhere. So confused and really shouldn't be doing this at work. haha

ediebol

Mar 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
I'm on the ktoonsez AOKP and it works fine... so I'm thinking it was the permissions that needed to be fixed like you did.

The keep calm message is a splash screen that should show right before the boot animation starts...

Casbah

Aug 31, 2010
Washington DC
Probably so. It's the splash screen included in one of the zip files? I couldn't find it when I extracted them to look for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Casbah

Aug 31, 2010
Washington DC
Ahhh! Ok going to give it a shot and will report back....

That did it! Ok so the primary issue was that I needed to change permissions once I moved the bootanimation.zip to the correct folder. Thanks again for a great job!

Last edited:
Reactions: ediebol

ediebol

Mar 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah I'll add one of the flash screen and maybe upload the boot to YouTube.

ediebol

Mar 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
CWM and TWRP recoveries work, can't speak for anything else...

Make sure you are only flashing "flashthisimage.zip"... bootanimation.zip needs to be manually moved.

Also - really slow on the screenshots, but I'm workin' on it... been busy recently...

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Here is a .gif of your animation. I only went off of the desc.txt, and you don't have a looping ending so I guess this is how it's supposed to play.

8.gif

Reactions: ediebol

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
Has anyone made a tardis going through the worm hole boot animation like at the begging of each episode when the tv show name is displayed? XD.

Maybe some form of The Silent boot animation? (the creepy sender men like guys who you instantly forget about once you look away and the doctor commonly draws a dash on his arms every time he sees one to remind himself there's one there etc).

Sorry the last one wasn't that good of an idea but just brain storming some ideas for the doctor who world XD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My first boot animation... A little large, but it works... and if you like Doctor Who, it is awesome, especially paired with the Splash Screen!

Place bootanimation.zip in the system/media/ folder, and flash "flashthisimage.zip" in recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnjmtyfa136zewi/zwnte6kSFn

8.gif

Special thanks to wewoapsiak for taking a second to make the gif for the OP (since I was too slow!!)
    downloading now. gave you a thanks without even seeing it just because Dr. Who is so awesome.
    Ahhh! Ok going to give it a shot and will report back....

That did it! Ok so the primary issue was that I needed to change permissions once I moved the bootanimation.zip to the correct folder. Thanks again for a great job!
    Here is a .gif of your animation. I only went off of the desc.txt, and you don't have a looping ending so I guess this is how it's supposed to play.

8.gif