[ROM] Jr5 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 10

Search This thread

AztlanUnderground

Jun 10, 2010
Nice to see some MCR love for the N10, first custom rom i flashed back in the days was one of your MCR for that old HTC desire I'm still rocking while I'm waiting for Google to get the N4 back in stock. Will definitely flash this in the coming days.

JohnnyQ1964

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Downloaded, installed, restored and working... and ROCKING it hard...
Smooth, buttery smooth. Thanks paulobrien

PS... still wondering is OTG available on this ROM?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
Wide button implementation, that's is so awesome and funny at the same time. The ingenuity of you devs :good:

I was waiting for a rom like yours for my N10!

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com

xtzz

Jan 3, 2011
Techn0.eu
android.process.acore hangs at startup - cannot enter anything with the kbd.

Last edited:

xtzz

Jan 3, 2011
Techn0.eu
Yes, wipe data + dalvik cache.
I'm custom baking the rom from the modaco member page.
I assumed disabling the (non LatinIME) could be the problem, but with or without it's still the same.

@Paul: Baking the ROM without Facebook Contact Sync Support solved it. I hope it helps looking into the right direction.

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Yes, wipe data + dalvik cache.
I'm custom baking the rom from the modaco member page.
I assumed disabling the (non LatinIME) could be the problem, but with or without it's still the same.

@Paul: Baking the ROM without Facebook Contact Sync Support solved it. I hope it helps looking into the right direction.

Ah ha, thanks!

P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Would you do a kitchen option for a search button next to the recents button in the wide layout, please? Functionality and symmetry.

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Would you do a kitchen option for a search button next to the recents button in the wide layout, please? Functionality and symmetry.

I'll put it on the to do list. Completely understand your thinking. ;)

How do you get facebook contact sync to work? I checked the box under accounts but they don't show up in the people app.

Doesn't work here either, but since I've baked it without the fb sync option to avoid acore crashes on startup I think it's a normal behaviour.

I'll fix the FB sync tomorrow!

P

Reactions: irishrally and xtzz

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P

xtzz

Jan 3, 2011
Techn0.eu
Hey Paul :)
I'd ask for this to be worked out somehow, but since /dev/exynos-mem doesn't exist here I guess this flaw does not apply to the N10 :)
USB OTG is perfectly realised in Chainfire's StickMount so that's not a problem anymore.
I got a question tho:
I'm using motorola's bluetooth kit (kbd and mouse). I've configured 2 languages on it and whenever I want to change them with Ctrl+Space, the tablet reboots itself (soft boot). Is this normal? (it happens on stock fw with a Microsoft wired kbd too). If this is by design - could it get overriden? I wouldn't wanna reboot just to switch languages...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Hey Paul :)
I'd ask for this to be worked out somehow, but since /dev/exynos-mem doesn't exist here I guess this flaw does not apply to the N10 :)
USB OTG is perfectly realised in Chainfire's StickMount so that's not a problem anymore.
I got a question tho:
I'm using motorola's bluetooth kit (kbd and mouse). I've configured 2 languages on it and whenever I want to change them with Ctrl+Space, the tablet reboots itself (soft boot). Is this normal? (it happens on stock fw with a Microsoft wired kbd too). If this is by design - could it get overriden? I wouldn't wanna reboot just to switch languages...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

The vulnerability doesn't apply to the Nexus 10!

R.e. the keyboard, I have a BT keyboard on he way so i'll look at that.

P

Reactions: xtzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jr1n10s1.jpg
    jr1n10s2.jpg

jr1n10s3.jpg

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Jelly Bean ROM for the Nexus 10! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs. A MCR release is designed to feel like a stock ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

MCR Nexus ROM features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Based on the 4.2.2 / JDQ39 release, updated, rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system.
      For this MCR we've used the latest available shipping ROM, updated with all the latest versions of the installed apps, which we've run through our scripts to ensure that it is as optimised as possible both for install / download size and real life performance.
    • De-odexed... re-odexable.
      Our ROMs are de-odedex, giving you the ability to flash other mods over the top, tweak the system and generally get the system set up as you want it without worrying about odex issues. We also include the 'OdexMe' application, which lets you odex your system when you're ready, saving valuable space on your data partition.
    • Pre-rooted
      All MCR ROMs are pre-rooted with SuperSU preinstalled. In addition, the kitchen allows you to choose between secure, insecure and secure with patched ADB boot images.
    • Enhanced Quick Settings
      The quick settings in Android 4.2 are cool, but limited. MCR builds include a customised version of the excellent 'Quick Settings' mod by kevdlui, allowing you to customise your toggles by holding the Settings button down. The WiFi and Bluetooth buttons are also changed to toggles - long press to access the settings menus.
    • Enhanced Power Menu
      The enhanced power menu (the one that appears when you hold down the power button) has additional options to allow you to reboot and reboot to recovery.
    • Apps aren't disabled on boot
      Jelly Bean added a feature to disable apps on boot that aren't intended for your region (Wallet, Ears, Magazines etc.). I think we're smart enough to make that decision ourselves right? So that doesn't happen in a MCR.
    • Legacy Play Store
      Isn't it frustrating how Google removed the ability in the Play Store to see which apps you'd bought in a nice simple list? I thought so... so I created 'Legacy Play Store', which has this feature.
    • Legacy browser and Flash
      Google might be ditching the stock browser for Chrome and Adobe might have canned Flash, but we still need to use it sometimes... so it's included in a MCR.
    • Patched Google Wallet
      We've patched Google Wallet to remove all region and root checks, so you can have a play!
    • Facebook sync support
      Google removed all support for syncing contact information via the Facebook app, we put it back. It's basic support (an app like HaxSync is more fully featured) but hey, it works!
    • init.d support on boot
      The init.d directory is processed on boot, allowing our (and your) startup script to be processed before the system starts up.
    • Alternative appstores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
      The Amazon and SlideMe stores can be preinstalled, if that's where you like to purchased your wares.
    • 'TweakDeck' - Tweetdeck, fixed
      Tweetdeck was great. Twitter ruined it. It's fairly comprehensively broken on Android, but we've fixed it with TweakDeck.
    • Titanium Backup preinstalled
      Once you've flashed your ROM, if you've wiped you want to get your stuff back on as quickly as possible - the option to preinstall Titanium Backup is here to help!
    • MoDaCo Boot Logo
      Wear your MCR with pride with the MoDaCo boot logo. It can be disabled in the kitchen of course if you prefer the more subtle look.
    • And there's more!
      We haven't listed everything here because a) there's too much and B) there's things we've forgotten. :)
    MCR Nexus 10 ROM specific features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Trackball Alert Pro compatibility for custom notification LED colours
      Trackball Alert by lilHermit lets you choose custom notification LED colours for ANY app, with no impact on battery life. We work closely with lilHermit to ensure TBA is supported in MCR.
    • Alternative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
      A number of different UI options are included - the default option makes the legacy menu button available on both sides of the screen for easy reach and also keeps them active when invisible, handy if there's a pesky menu button at the top right that you can't quite get too! You can also bring back the good old search button. In stock Android the navigation bar always stays at the bottom - in the kitchen you can choose to have this move to the right. Finally, percentage battery meters are also included in stock style and round style.
    • NFC on screen off
      If you use NFC tags to set profiles or similar, then the option to enable NFC on screen off might appeal to you. Be aware that we haven't benchmarked the impact this may have on battery life as yet though!
    • Stock Launcher with rotate support, Nova and Apex Launchers as options
      The stock launcher, with support for Landscape. So simple! If you're an Apex or Nova fan however, you can choose these to be baked right in to your ROM.
    • LatinIME (stock input method) with enhanced layout
      For some STRANGE reason Google thinks that if you're on a tablet, you don't want to press - hold keys to get numbers and punctuation. This is silly, we put that functionality back.
    • Disable camera shutter sound
      You can disable the camera shutter sound - use responsibly!
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your sdcard.
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card! Remember that due to the 4.2 user changes, you may need to change to the '0' directory in recovery to find the zip!
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads
    • Jr5 release - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 80349990bab887dca0f4598d10ec9fb0
    Kitchen download
    • an online kitchen is also available for subscribers to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
    A free prebake is ALWAYS available.

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo

Enjoy! :D

P
    Changelog

22nd Mar
    • Updates to bundled apps where appropriate
    1st Mar
    • All latest app updates merged in
    22nd Feb
    • Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) with all MCR features and updates merged in.
    31st Jan
    • Updated Flash, Music, Plus and Superuser apps.
    30th Jan Jr3
    • Updated all components to the latest release
    • Added additional CyanogenMod options to the kitchen
    • Minor fixes and improvements
    18th Jan
    • Updated all 3rd party components
    • Added MoDaCo Forums app
    28th December Jr2
    • All installed apps updated to latest versions.
    • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
    • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.
    12th December
    • Initial upload
    Jr4, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb
    • Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) with all MCR features and updates merged in.

I'll put it on the to do list. Completely understand your thinking. ;)

How do you get facebook contact sync to work? I checked the box under accounts but they don't show up in the people app.

Doesn't work here either, but since I've baked it without the fb sync option to avoid acore crashes on startup I think it's a normal behaviour.

I'll fix the FB sync tomorrow!

P

Jr2 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :p

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr2
    • All installed apps updated to latest versions.
    • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
    • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.