Stucked on 4.3 leaked update (UCUEMJ2)

Search This thread

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
I have a SGH-I747, and on the last weeks I've updated it to 4.3 Jelly bean leaked version, which is UCUEMJ2, but now want to get the official 4.3 update (UCUEMJB). How can I make this? Is there any solution? Everytime I try to flash anything, it seems to get it done, but then I reboot my phone and there it is, the leaked and buggy 4.3 update still there. Can someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
Pretty sure you should be able odin back to 4.1.x from the leak and then update ota. Downgrading from leak is safe afaik but don't downgrade from official 4.3 = brick. Sounds like you better be sure if you want to go to official. Please someone else confirm.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Amhed0910

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
I have a SGH-I747, and on the last weeks I've updated it to 4.3 Jelly bean leaked version, which is UCUEMJ2, but now want to get the official 4.3 update (UCUEMJB). How can I make this? Is there any solution? Everytime I try to flash anything, it seems to get it done, but then I reboot my phone and there it is, the leaked and buggy 4.3 update still there. Can someone help me?

Yes you can downgrade to 4.1.1 via kies or Odin if you on MJ2 and take update to MJB over the air. But there is no comback to privies version of if you on last OTA 4.3 MJB...

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4

Like others have said, you can odin back to 4.1.1 stock and start the OTA update process (you will need to update to 4.1.2 then do the 4.3 update). HOWEVER, please keep in mind that once you are on 4.3 stock you are stuck there. You cannot downgrade or you will brick your phone. Rooting the 4.3 stock rom is even a hit and miss at this point so do not even count on having root or a custom recovery. You have been informed and to update is at your own risk if is going to be an issue for you. I suggest give the developers time to figure things out first unless you just really want stock unrooted SIII experience.

androidBH

Jan 27, 2013
Hmm..

I am on this rom..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498233

No root no knox..

Now.. back to 4.1.1 on kies.. odin..? And how update on 4.3 official?

I am from bosnia. My phone is buy in america att.. but not ota update for me.. i click on software update.. every day.. but nothing.. try later for 24h...

Sorry my english is bed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
So basically I should go to Kies, use the "don'tknowthename" method to get back to 4.1.1, then manually install the 4.1.2 OTA, and then again manually install the 4.3 OTA? (I have an AT&T phone but I live in Mexico). Woooooah, seems like a busy evening. Great...

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
Hmm..

I am on this rom..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498233

No root no knox..

Now.. back to 4.1.1 on kies.. odin..? And how update on 4.3 official?

I am from bosnia. My phone is buy in america att.. but not ota update for me.. i click on software update.. every day.. but nothing.. try later for 24h...

Sorry my english is bed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That's the same problem I have. If I get the 4.3 OTA update today or tomorrow, I'll let you know and I'll help you, ok?

dntesinfrno

Oct 9, 2012
Sumter, SC
So basically I should go to Kies, use the "don'tknowthename" method to get back to 4.1.1, then manually install the 4.1.2 OTA, and then again manually install the 4.3 OTA? (I have an AT&T phone but I live in Mexico). Woooooah, seems like a busy evening. Great...

Im pretty sure Kies will only let you install the latest official firmware, im not positive on this however as i avoid it like the plauge. Your best best is to use Odin to flash back to stock, and then grab the OTA (if thats what you have your heart set on).

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
Im pretty sure Kies will only let you install the latest official firmware, im not positive on this however as i avoid it like the plauge. Your best best is to use Odin to flash back to stock, and then grab the OTA (if thats what you have your heart set on).

So, what would you reccomend? Should I just upgrade it to official 4.3 or should I root and get CM10.2

sirlimewire

Feb 13, 2013
OTA 4.3 ?

Hi,

I'm new to this tread, so i just want to know if you guys had some information about the possible 4.3 OFFICIAL update from kies for SGH-I747M From bell ? (I can't just wait, the new 4.3 toggle are so much better.. :D )

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011

Latest official firmware on kies is 4.1.1. So he can do this by kies if he was and he is sure he was on 4.2.1 or MJ6 latest and did not take OTA.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Yes this what you can do, but like I said if you sure you are did not take last 4.3 OTA update.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

So, what would you reccomend? Should I just upgrade it to official 4.3 or should I root and get CM10.2

Better is to get CM10.2 if you can

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
Well, I just got my UCUEMJB 4.3 update ready to work, and it is pretty stable. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this problem solved. The guy who was having problems as me:
It is SAFE to downgrade to 4.1.1 ONLY and notice, ONLY if you are on the UCUEMJ2 leaked update; you should be able to odin the 4.1.1 ROM, then get the 4.1.2 OTA update, and then again the 4.3 OTA update.

cbross

Apr 27, 2011
I have tried to do this. I am stuck at the 4.1.1 spot. Every tome I try to do the ota update it searches and then tells me update interrupted there is no update at this time. I am getting so tired of this. Please help. And by the way I switched carrier's to tmo and the phone is unlocked.

sirlimewire

Feb 13, 2013
OFFICIAL Android 4.3 is now rolling out to the Galaxy S3

Hi,

I Just receive the OFFICIAL android 4.3 on my sgh-i747 today, i can confirm that it is out for the Telus/Koodo and Bell/Virgin Mobile Carriers in Canada, have a good day!! :laugh:

Amhed0910

Nov 23, 2013
I have tried to do this. I am stuck at the 4.1.1 spot. Every tome I try to do the ota update it searches and then tells me update interrupted there is no update at this time. I am getting so tired of this. Please help. And by the way I switched carrier's to tmo and the phone is unlocked.

You just have to download the 4.1.2 OTA Update .zip file, and then manually flash it. Then, you should get the 4.3 OTA

JHiEAN

Dec 18, 2013
can i downgrade to 4.1.1 with this firmware?

Please check my Firmware if i can downgrade back to 4.1.1 I've attached my phone's screenshot thanks in advace

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-18-14-54-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-18-14-54-16.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 70

JHiEAN

Dec 18, 2013
downgrade

But it says you can down on leaked firmware and im on mj2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty sure you should be able odin back to 4.1.x from the leak and then update ota. Downgrading from leak is safe afaik but don't downgrade from official 4.3 = brick. Sounds like you better be sure if you want to go to official. Please someone else confirm.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Yes you can downgrade to 4.1.1 via kies or Odin if you on MJ2 and take update to MJB over the air. But there is no comback to privies version of if you on last OTA 4.3 MJB...

Like others have said, you can odin back to 4.1.1 stock and start the OTA update process (you will need to update to 4.1.2 then do the 4.3 update). HOWEVER, please keep in mind that once you are on 4.3 stock you are stuck there. You cannot downgrade or you will brick your phone. Rooting the 4.3 stock rom is even a hit and miss at this point so do not even count on having root or a custom recovery. You have been informed and to update is at your own risk if is going to be an issue for you. I suggest give the developers time to figure things out first unless you just really want stock unrooted SIII experience.

I flashed Knox enabled leaked ROM... is it safe to downgrade to 4.1.1? Please do reply.

If you do not have the warranty bit in your bootloader (download mode), then you are safe. If the warranty bit is there, then I do not recommend trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app