[Q] AT&T next return

Search This thread

rumdada

Apr 3, 2011
Ok I purchased this on AT&T next and my texts are constantly butchered and split in two separate messages with the second part first my messages send and receive like this...... As I text a lot this is cumbersome and annoying and not acceptable from a device that cost this much.

At any rate could I return this phone to att and just go back to my iPhone or did I mess up and have to buy a phone now regardless

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bgeorger

Sep 12, 2013
Buffalo
Ok I purchased this on AT&T next and my texts are constantly butchered and split in two separate messages with the second part first my messages send and receive like this...... As I text a lot this is cumbersome and annoying and not acceptable from a device that cost this much.

At any rate could I return this phone to att and just go back to my iPhone or did I mess up and have to buy a phone now regardless

You can return it as long as you are within 2 weeks, but you will get charged a $35 restocking fee. Can I suggest using Hangouts or another Messaging App instead of the stock one?

rumdada

Apr 3, 2011
I tried using the stock textra go sms all the same.....

rumdada

Apr 3, 2011
Would they just take the restocking fee from the tax I paid for the unit?

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Would they just take the restocking fee from the tax I paid for the unit?

Yes, they would. If you flat out return it then you'll get back something between $10-$15 back.

What other troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried to increase the maximum size of messages in the settings? Have you tried to factory default the phone?

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
You need a texting app that offers threaded text messages, I believe that's what the function is called.

jjbusa

Aug 15, 2006
Did you turn off the imessage on the iPhone first before removing the Sim and sending a few txt I had to do that for my wife when she left iPhone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda premium