Stuck at HTC boot splash

Search This thread

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
I can get back into recovery but ever since I've attempted to flash a costum rom such as Viper or Revolution it gets stuck in the splash screen.
I'm not sure whats going on but I can boot into AOKP. If someone can help me out with the appropriate steps to take to flash one of those roms OR to flash back to stock I'd really appreciate because I've been at this for a couple of hours now and my head is starting to hurt :/

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
You need to update your firmware to run a Sense 2.22 based ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54408500&postcount=9592

From the linked post:
The issues you will see without the new firmware include long boot times with no boot animations and some users on 9.1 reported wifi and bluetooth issues.

I see you helping a lot people here redpoint so first of all thanks.

I just used the RUU.exe to return to at&t stock software number 1.58.502.1
I've read exactly what you said about being on Sense 2.22 but that's where I'm not sure what to do since AT&T hasn't release 4.4.3 yet and theres nothing for me to update to.

Do I have to S-off to obtain Sense 2.22? And also how difficult is it to S-ON? Again thanks so much.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Kind of did things the hard way, although you are back up and running. Now you will need to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery again, to get back to where you were.

All you really needed to do was either restore your nandroid (you should always make one before flashing anything) or get a different ROM (Sense 1.xxx base) onto the phone and flash it.

Also, the phone was likely not really "stuck", just taking a REALLY LONG time to boot, like 10 minutes.

I've read exactly what you said about being on Sense 2.22 but that's where I'm not sure what to do since AT&T hasn't release 4.4.3 yet and theres nothing for me to update to.

The post I linked previously includes the specific firmware package for US users, and a link to detailed instructions. 2.22.1540 is what you want to use, its pulled from the US Dev Edition OTA. While its not the "official AT&T" firmware, the DE is identical to the AT&T version in everything except AT&T branding (band support, etc.) and designed specifically for use on AT&T. Users here (including myself) can confirm it works seamlessly on the AT&T version.

2.22.1540 is also specifically advocated for use on the AT&T version in the following ROM post, along with great instruction (this is personally the one I used). Although you have to download the whole ROM, as the firmware is packed with it:
http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/development/att-4-4-3-2-22-1540-3-debloated-sense-6-t2837365

Do I have to S-off to obtain Sense 2.22?

To update the firmware as I've described, yes. Reason being, the partitions that need to be updated by the firmware (radio, hboot, etc.) can't be modified without either S-off, or "official" update meant for your version.

The other option is to remain S-on and wait until AT&T releases the OTA. But who knows when that will be . . .

And also how difficult is it to S-ON?

S-on isn't really necessary. As long as you understand the implications of s-off, its usually better to be s-off. More freedom, and more options to recover if you have issues.

Also, AT&T doesn't care about s-off in terms of warranty service. They only care about physical damage or water damage.

Again thanks so much. I see you helping a lot people here redpoint so first of all thanks

No problem at all. I've benefited a lot from XDA, and its my way of contributing.

Last edited:
Reactions: afrojoc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to update your firmware to run a Sense 2.22 based ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54408500&postcount=9592

From the linked post:
    The issues you will see without the new firmware include long boot times with no boot animations and some users on 9.1 reported wifi and bluetooth issues.

Kind of did things the hard way, although you are back up and running. Now you will need to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery again, to get back to where you were.

All you really needed to do was either restore your nandroid (you should always make one before flashing anything) or get a different ROM (Sense 1.xxx base) onto the phone and flash it.

Also, the phone was likely not really "stuck", just taking a REALLY LONG time to boot, like 10 minutes.

The post I linked previously includes the specific firmware package for US users, and a link to detailed instructions. 2.22.1540 is what you want to use, its pulled from the US Dev Edition OTA. While its not the "official AT&T" firmware, the DE is identical to the AT&T version in everything except AT&T branding (band support, etc.) and designed specifically for use on AT&T. Users here (including myself) can confirm it works seamlessly on the AT&T version.

2.22.1540 is also specifically advocated for use on the AT&T version in the following ROM post, along with great instruction (this is personally the one I used). Although you have to download the whole ROM, as the firmware is packed with it:
    http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/development/att-4-4-3-2-22-1540-3-debloated-sense-6-t2837365

Do I have to S-off to obtain Sense 2.22?

To update the firmware as I've described, yes. Reason being, the partitions that need to be updated by the firmware (radio, hboot, etc.) can't be modified without either S-off, or "official" update meant for your version.

The other option is to remain S-on and wait until AT&T releases the OTA. But who knows when that will be . . .

And also how difficult is it to S-ON?

S-on isn't really necessary. As long as you understand the implications of s-off, its usually better to be s-off. More freedom, and more options to recover if you have issues.

Also, AT&T doesn't care about s-off in terms of warranty service. They only care about physical damage or water damage.

Again thanks so much. I see you helping a lot people here redpoint so first of all thanks

No problem at all. I've benefited a lot from XDA, and its my way of contributing.