Best ICS for P1000

Search This thread

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
to me the speed is comparable to GB.
But I don't do gaming or complicated stuff.

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
Just re flAshing to the
Latest rc1

uploadfromtaptalk1340784433076.jpg

I find that this version is became more smooth regarding signal wifi and simcard

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012

NightShadow02

Mar 15, 2011
hi all.

I am currently on the stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread that was leaked to the forums before the OTA update was released.

I'd like to know if Build 38 (of the AOKP) is good enough as a daily driver? I frequently use the phone, SMS, wifi, camera, camcorder, GPS, Google Maps, the car dock, media player and some gaming.

will I be disappointed if I flash to Build 38?

Thank you all in advance!

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
to me the speed is comparable to GB.
But I don't do gaming or complicated stuff.

Well, i took the plunge and went ahead and installed overcome 4.1. Right off the bat i noticed battery was discharging waaaay quicker than stock rom (inferno). In addition, my wifi started dropping every 2min. Installed blade and buddy from market, adjusted wifi sleep settings, . . . nothing worked. Did a full cache wipe, reboot, nothing helped wifi.

So, decided to move forward with a no-wipe cwm zip install of aokp ics v#38 thinking its gonna get better. . . wrooooong!! Almost bricked my phone/tablet. Got the unicorn and just kept rebooting.

Upon restocking via odin (awesooooome Overcome team write up by the way + thanks for link priyana!),,,,,,root is gone.

My verdict? If you depend on your p1000 for anything serious, hang on to most recent OFFICIALLY released restock (GB 2.3.6?) & wait for ics to further develop.

Ive used cm in the past and i think theyve been more stable than open ics project, but still the battery + wifi is a serious one. I will flash some earlier cm's but thats it. The most important decisions sometimes are the ones we dont take.

Last edited:

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
sorry to hear you get that issue. There was a small percentage of people having wifi issue with overcome.
Don't know why.
As for AOKP, if you read the post, boot loop is kind of expected. Not everyone, but many.
You just have to force it to go recovery and flash it one more time and all should be good.

Anyway, I am waiting for AOKP #40. Coming soon. So maybe you can try it again next time.

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
hi all.

I am currently on the stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread that was leaked to the forums before the OTA update was released.

I'd like to know if Build 38 (of the AOKP) is good enough as a daily driver? I frequently use the phone, SMS, wifi, camera, camcorder, GPS, Google Maps, the car dock, media player and some gaming.

Just look below ;).
I recommend
1-staying on 2.3.3 / restock with team overcome method
2-do a doomlord root.
3-download from market root uninstaller
4-uninstall crap like weather clock, pulse, samsung apps. . . etc.
****if you have tmobile and want to use the phone while accepting your netspeed will never go beyond edge; you can flash with odin the JPZ modem. This negates the need to flash with european rom.

If you are really itching to install aokp #38 priyana did an excellent job of explaining the bootloop issue that you will face and how to overcome ;-) pun intended. That being said i would recommend you stay on GB for battery reasons, or move to earlier cyanogenmods for stability purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightShadow02

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
Well, I will tell you in the next 2-3 days for the battery life, the last nightly it seems moderate

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Day 3
-battery life was good enough more less like 2.3.6 gb
-i find there was a bug keep pop up that some apps force quit, which is I already kill task for that apps

Q:
I wonder how can I copy paste, its different way with gb

GT-P1000|CM9-4.0 with preium xda

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
I thought it is the same way?
In any edit mode of text (for example in XDA app, need to be in quote mode)
just tab on text and hold, a set of place markers will appear. Just adjust the start and end, and hit copy icon on top.

for paste just hit a blank spot and a paste icon will appear.

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
I thought it is the same way?
In any edit mode of text (for example in XDA app, need to be in quote mode)
just tab on text and hold, a set of place markers will appear. Just adjust the start and end, and hit copy icon on top.

for paste just hit a blank spot and a paste icon will appear.

Hey priyana. . . fyi i flashed another GB2.3.6 rom (kminic) and the wifi kept dropping. So i guess tmob tabs dont like anything above 2.3.3 OR everyone is copying overcomes core rom instructions and incorporating the same embedded mistake :) !!!

Can you please provide a link to rotto's modem switcher? Do i just flash in odin via" phone" category? Thanks again!

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012

NightShadow02

Mar 15, 2011
Just look below ;).
I recommend
2-do a doomlord root.
****if you have tmobile and want to use the phone while accepting your netspeed will never go beyond edge; you can flash with odin the JPZ modem. This negates the need to flash with european rom.

If you are really itching to install aokp #38 priyana did an excellent job of explaining the bootloop issue that you will face and how to overcome ;-) pun intended. That being said i would recommend you stay on GB for battery reasons, or move to earlier cyanogenmods for stability purposes.

thank you for your time! :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks priyana for responding.I just got a tmob tab p1000.
    1-i was wondering if aokp ics gives voice + edge like euro gingerbread?
    2-is the modem switcher an option on ics?
    3-while i stil have your attention:D which stable ics should i consider for everyday use. V#38?
    4-if my tab came rooted with gb inferno kernal do i need to worry about 1st installing overcome?:silly:
    Youre getting a biiiig thanks after you reply

1) yes, AOKP gives voice+edge ready to go, since it has the JPZ modem
    2) modem switcher not available for ICS. It is very simple actually, just swapping the JJB modem.bin into /radio/modem.bin , literally copy the file there and reboot will give you 3G without voice.
    Stimpz0r was considering adding that function to ROM Control, but hasn't got round to doing it. But you can do it by hand (well, by ES File Explorer or Root Explorer)
    3) I am on AOKP #38 myself. Very stable for me.
    4) Not sure about inferno kernel, but if it has CWM recovery it may be ok to use it to flash ICS. I say "may" because Humbertos once said there is a requirement for the kernel to set the machine name to p1.mach or something like that, which not all kernel does.
    Just flash it. at worst, really, the script will abort.
    But if you really want to fo by the book, then flash Overcome Kernel 4.0
    It has CWM flashable version too, not just by Odin, so you don't have to connect it to PC to do all that.
    No, you can't use ROM Manager or such.
    The only way to get CWM in is by flashing a kernel that has CWM.
    I am not familiar with Inferno kernel.
    What recovery does it have?

Edit: you will always have ZERO experience with Odin if you never START using it.

Edit2:

Go to overcome site
    Http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
    Missing pictures can be seen here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
    Follow the picture step by step.
    (Of course - just jump to section that is for flashing Overcome Kernel, and you don't have to wait for the female robot voice to finish, just force it down and boot to recovery using vol-up + power )
    hi all.

Just look below ;).
    I recommend
    2-do a doomlord root.