64GB MicroSDXC working

Search This thread

SturmenE36

Dec 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
having tons of problems with mine; tried formatting in Windows (FAT32 with "guiformat.exe"), formatting in the device a few times...

Every time, when trying to copy stuff onto the card from my Windows machine, after a few GB the connection just drops...and then the card doesnt seem to work properly until re-format. Everything is *extremely* slow to respond, even to the point of screwing with explorer when I open "Computer" in Windows from the start menu...

Bad device? Bad card? PEBCAK?

itsdubai

Mar 30, 2011
Houston
having tons of problems with mine; tried formatting in Windows (FAT32 with "guiformat.exe"), formatting in the device a few times...

Every time, when trying to copy stuff onto the card from my Windows machine, after a few GB the connection just drops...and then the card doesnt seem to work properly until re-format. Everything is *extremely* slow to respond, even to the point of screwing with explorer when I open "Computer" in Windows from the start menu...

You probably got a dud. I would return it. Haven't had any problems like that here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SturmenE36

saulotas

Jan 7, 2011
Atenas

Probably its a fake, do a google search about fake flash drives and memory cards and use the sugested program to test the card.
Warning, it will be slow.

Sent from my GS+ using ivendor's CM10 and xda premium

SturmenE36

Dec 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
You probably got a dud. I would return it. Haven't had any problems like that here.

believable- this is why I only buy Extreme Pro CF cards for my camera :p

alas...the Extreme Pro line stops at 16GB for the MicroSDXC line, (perhaps thats a hint at the difficulty of reliably making rad MicroSD cards?) and I'll be damned if I have an Android with less storage capacity than an iPhone.

Probably its a fake, do a google search about fake flash drives and memory cards and use the sugested program to test the card.
Doubtful...sold by Amazon.com LLC. I don't buy eBay shiest unless I can't find it on amazon or somewhere that either accepts google wallet or is within driving/shouting distance. Still though, I took your advice and downloaded H2testw and will run the test tonight.

Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Reactions: itsdubai

gusbeto37

Oct 13, 2010
Monterrey
That used to happen to me, got very frustrated because I could never copy things to my flash cards. Turns out the problem was my card reader. Try getting one of the USB ones that can actually read SDXC. I don't have one, so what I did is put it in the phone, then connect via USB to the computer in mass storage mode and it worked great.

macpro88

Dec 9, 2010
Ohio
I had the 64GB SDXC as well, it at first seemed to work, but don't be surprised if it stops working. Motorola, and I believe stock Android do not support SDXC yet. I have a somewhat detailed thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-cards-hd-maxx-hd-class-10-32gb-vs-64gb.html

When I got my card, popped it in, it formatted correctly, and seemed to work fine. As I started to put it through its paces it started to just not work. On ICS when you used the Storage option to transfer media to the SD card, it would stop halfway through and throw out errors. Eventually certain apps would stop writing/seeing the card like backup apps etc..

Be careful going forward, and test it hardcore. Transfer files back and forth, I always had issues with movie files. See if Root Explorer or other explorer apps can see it, see if Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro/SMS Backup can see and write to the card.

And yes, I did not get a dud, its works in other non-Android devices and works and tests perfectly in multiple computers. Just be cautious.

SturmenE36

Dec 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I had the 64GB SDXC as well, it at first seemed to work, but don't be surprised if it stops working. Motorola, and I believe stock Android do not support SDXC yet. I have a somewhat detailed thread here
These are all the same symptoms I'm having. Well, it looks like Motorola actually had testing and reasoning behind "supports up to 32GB" :-| That'll teach us to think we're smarter than the factory QA guys...

Still though, it's a little disappointing.

macpro88

Dec 9, 2010
Ohio
These are all the same symptoms I'm having. Well, it looks like Motorola actually had testing and reasoning behind "supports up to 32GB" :-| That'll teach us to think we're smarter than the factory QA guys...

Still though, it's a little disappointing.

Indeed, some of the Sammy devices support the SDXC 64GB card, but I think that's baked into TouchWiz. Hopefully as SDXC gets more popular it will become supported by Android all together. It would be nice to have at least half of my music library on my car so I don't have to stream all the time lol.

auroraprime

Dec 26, 2012
Confirmed working with a 64GB SDXC, works pretty well actually, now I'll never run out of space.

Scourge1024

Mar 27, 2011
Sherwood Park, AB
I bought 2 64GB micro SDXC cards. One for my Xoom and the other for my upcoming XT925. My Xoom was unable to format it so I used EaseUS Partition Master to format my 64GB cards as FAT32 partitions. So far so good...

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
I tried my sandisk SDXC 64Gb yesterday with no luck. It was formated to exFat though. I will try EaseUS tonight and try formatting it to Fat32.

Cheers

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
I tried my sandisk SDXC 64Gb yesterday with no luck. It was formated to exFat though. I will try EaseUS tonight and try formatting it to Fat32.

Cheers

I just got a 64gb micro sdcard, when I first put it in my phone it was exfat formatted, so my phone couldn't read it. Once I formatted the card with the fat32formatter (found online), it worked great. Good luck.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

rokr1292

Feb 26, 2013
I bought a 64 sandisk sdxc class 10 and tried it in the phone. Didn't work. Formatted to fat32 with a partition program, still wouldn't work. Got fed up, deleted all the partitions, threw it in the phone and itr was recognized, but blank. Had the phone format it, and it works. Phenomenally actually. Haven't tested read/write, but I've filled it a few times over looking for problems and had none. Without looking I think I have just shy of 40 used on it right now.

Omoroca

Dec 12, 2010
Paris
Got a 64gb sandisk class 10 and it's really buggy.
Forceclose/card disabled automaticly/cant see my files/Many lags.
So for me the xt925 is not compatible with it.

superbrowndude

Jan 11, 2011
OnePlus Open
I've been using mine for about a year now, it's been working flawlessly. I had to format in my phone the initial time I first used it.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that 64GB MicroSDXC cards do work. I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

At first it will not work, but you must format it with the phone and it will work well. Reports 59.6 GB

Saludos,
    Gustavo

believable- this is why I only buy Extreme Pro CF cards for my camera :p

alas...the Extreme Pro line stops at 16GB for the MicroSDXC line, (perhaps thats a hint at the difficulty of reliably making rad MicroSD cards?) and I'll be damned if I have an Android with less storage capacity than an iPhone.

Doubtful...sold by Amazon.com LLC. I don't buy eBay shiest unless I can't find it on amazon or somewhere that either accepts google wallet or is within driving/shouting distance. Still though, I took your advice and downloaded H2testw and will run the test tonight.

Thanks for all the ideas guys!