[Q] s-off from recovery (TWRP, CWM)

Search This thread

ergosteur

Aug 14, 2008
Toronto
My phone is stuck in RUU mode (HTC logo and 4 warning triangles).

I can get it to boot CWM or TWRP via fastboot boot. Problem is I'm S-ON with HTCDev unlock, and there's no RUU available for Bell Mobility.

Is there any way at all to get S-OFF directly from recovery? Like, run revone from adb in CWM recovery or something? Alternatively, is there any way to boot a full ROM using fastboot boot?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

I can get it to boot CWM or TWRP via fastboot boot. Problem is I'm S-ON with HTCDev unlock, and there's no RUU available for Bell Mobility.

Is there any way at all to get S-OFF directly from recovery? Like, run revone from adb in CWM recovery or something? Alternatively, is there any way to boot a full ROM using fastboot boot?

Why your phone is stuck in ruu mode if there is no ruu for your phone?

wudan120

Nov 25, 2013
china

I come from China, I can solve your problem, you can contact QQ990128461, or email 990128461@qq.com

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

ergosteur

Aug 14, 2008
Toronto
OK, total stupid moment.

All I had to do was restore a stock nandroid for my CID (found on http://www.htc1guru.com/) using recovery booted via fastboot boot [cwm filename].img.

Then, run fastboot oem boot.

Found last command on: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612969

Guess i got scared by the warning triangles. :victory:

Looks like the "modem" partition is still corrupted, so I have to run fastboot oem boot every time I boot the phone. But, now I should be able to boot a rom, get root, and s-off the regular way.

Also I actually was S-ON with a locked bootloader - managed to do the HTCdev unlock "blind" while in the ruu mode.

Last edited: