[APP][2.2+] Lockscreen Calendar

Search This thread

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Just made another small app which reads the next upcoming calendar events and shows them on your lockscreen (in the text field where normally alarm apps show the next alarm).

ToDo:
  • separate date string for all-day events - done
  • configurable "look-ahead" time - done

Known problems:
  • some users reported a wrong sorting of the events. seems not to affect every device though
  • repeating events are ignored
  • if another app shows text in the same textfield, it might overwrite the calendar events
  • requires android 2.2 or 2.3 as the calendar content provider changed in froyo
  • doesn't look nice on android 3.0+ therefore i marked it as incompatible with these versions. i'll search for a alternative way to display the events on the lockscreen, not sure if that's possible though

Downloads:
Android Market

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4,635
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,374
  • device4.jpg
    device4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5,282
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,805
Last edited:

chrisonline

Jun 6, 2005
Tirol/Innsbruck
www.colreminder.com
Great app! Works good.

Only one problem.
It shows me instead of the second appointment "null".

For example:
1 appointment on 27.07. -> is displayed correct
1 appointment on 29.07. -> is not displayed

Instead it is displayed:
28.07. null

At 28.07. ther is no calendar entry!

Using in on Android 2.3.3 with Nexus One.

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
it should work on every lockscreen that normally displays the next upcoming alarm. dont know if the sense 3.0 slider does that, but the pattern/PIN/password definitly does

beeflin

Oct 6, 2009
Not updating

For me, Lockscreen Calendar only updates manually from the app. Events from yesterday are still at the top of the list.

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
Only "problem" I have found so far is the stupid Samsung Task Manager is rather kill-happy and I have to re-launch the calendar every now and then.

defro

Dec 20, 2006
works great with CM7

Nice app. Works with pattern unlock screen on CM7.

One request:
Is there a way to monitor Activesync calendar events when using Touchdown? Other calendar apps specifically have a "monitor touchdown calendar" so I assume they do things a bit differently.

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
For me, Lockscreen Calendar only updates manually from the app.
yeah right. found that bug, will be fixed in next version!

Only "problem" I have found so far is the stupid Samsung Task Manager is rather kill-happy and I have to re-launch the calendar every now and then.
actually the app doesn't run all the time so it shouldn't cause any problem killing it. i guess you suffer from the same "no update" bug as beeflin (which, again, is as good as fixed)

Would it be possible to have it update every 15 minutes?
in the upcoming version you will be able to enter decimal values in the update field. so 15 min = 0.25 hours ;)

Is there a way to monitor Activesync calendar events when using Touchdown? Other calendar apps specifically have a "monitor touchdown calendar" so I assume they do things a bit differently.
ehm.. i dont know. i'm querying the default android calendar content provider, some of the first google results when you search for "android work with calendar" ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just made another small app which reads the next upcoming calendar events and shows them on your lockscreen (in the text field where normally alarm apps show the next alarm).

ToDo:
    • separate date string for all-day events - done
    • configurable "look-ahead" time - done

Known problems:
    • some users reported a wrong sorting of the events. seems not to affect every device though
    • repeating events are ignored
    • if another app shows text in the same textfield, it might overwrite the calendar events
    • requires android 2.2 or 2.3 as the calendar content provider changed in froyo
    • doesn't look nice on android 3.0+ therefore i marked it as incompatible with these versions. i'll search for a alternative way to display the events on the lockscreen, not sure if that's possible though

Downloads:
    Android Market
    congrats - what a simple and cool UI !
    thanks for the feedback!
    location is added in newest version, the "null"-bug should hopefully also be fixed
    well, just install an app like this, enable the loggin feature within the app, then open lockscreen calendar and press "update now", go back to the loggin app and select "send by mail" or something like that. then you can send it to yourself, have a look at the log to make sure it doesnt contain any personal information, and then send it to android[at]j4velin.de :)
    possible reason: "look ahead" might be calculated from "now" and not from "0:00 this morning"
    that's correct. i'll see if i can change that