Huawei Ascend P1/U9200 Root

Search This thread

Nixing

Mar 4, 2012
Sofia
neon.forumotion.net
This method is tested by me and it worked perfectly. With this guide you will be able to root your U9200 with b113 and b115(android 4.0 and 4.0.3).
I am not responsible for any data loss or bricked devices! You do it on your own risk!

1) Download this zip. The password is: ccc333
2) Extract the zip to your desktop.
3) Download Android SDK Tools from here and install the packages.
4) Plug your Ascend P1 to the PC.
5) Make sure that USB Debugging is checked (Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging)!
6) Open "b113_b115-root_u9200---__[Nixing]" from your desktop.
7) Run "hwadb.exe".
8) Run "ubl.exe", click ROOT - this should root your device without restart and any problem, check if the Superuser icon has appeared.
After the device is rooted you will need to install recovery.
I used Geno's Recovery - run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" from the zip and the tool will install it.
From this recovery you can flash whatever you want w/o any problems! It's a little bit sad that it is in chinese but oh well...
I will attach a picture of the same recovery but in english so you can see what you are actually doing.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 2f1af51451da.jpg
    2f1af51451da.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 15,734
Last edited:

lerso

Jul 11, 2012
Hi.
When i try run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" i got stuck on reboot stage. Telephone just show Huawei Ascend. BTW Win 7 can't find driver for Blaze. I tried reboot manually with pressed power+volum up keys and recover update.zip. But recovery cant pass signature verification. :crying:

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk
Recovery

Hi.
When i try run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" i got stuck on reboot stage. Telephone just show Huawei Ascend. BTW Win 7 can't find driver for Blaze. I tried reboot manually with pressed power+volum up keys and recover update.zip. But recovery cant pass signature verification. :crying:

You can try this to install the recovery image onto the phone without the custom rom.

1. Download Android Control here (mirror) or here (XDA thread) and extract to a folder on your hard drive root (eg. c:\AndroidControl)

2. Download the Recovery image - recovery-new.img (the one included in Onekey) or recovery-off.img (the one that Onekey is based on)
Note: As far as I know, they are both Chinese language but based on ClockWorkMod so should be easy enough to navigate around. Edit: Though judging from the picture above then they may not be Chinese lol

3. Put whichever image you choose into the AndroidControl folder ready to be flashed over.

4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone and then switch it off. Hold volume down and power key (I think lol) to boot into download mode (phone should boot to logo and then stop) then plug it into your PC.

5. Open a command prompt and navigate to your Android Control folder, run the following command -

fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img

or

fastboot flash recovery recovery-off.img

depending which one you chose.

6. Once finished type - 'fastboot reboot' to reboot your phone.

7. Turn off your phone once rebooted and then hold the volume up and power keys to boot into recovery, if its in Chinese you've been successful :)

Last edited:

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
I am curious how you install some ROM as .zip file, when all original updates from Huawei have .app as extension.....

***DiMaC***

Mar 23, 2011
This method is tested by me and it worked perfectly. With this guide you will be able to root your U9200 with b113 and b115(android 4.0 and 4.0.3).
I am not responsible for any data loss or bricked devices! You do it on your own risk!

3) Plug your Ascend P1 to the PC.
4) Make sure that USB Debugging is checked (Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging)!
5) Run "hwadb.exe".
6) Run "ubl.exe" - this should root your device without any problem, check if the Superuser icon has appeared.
I used Geno's Recovery - run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" from the zip and the tool will install it.
From this recovery you can flash whatever you want w/o any problems! It's a little bit sad that it is in chinese but oh well...
I will attach a picture of the same recovery but in english so you can see what you are actually doing.

Good luck!

In my case it after step 5) it works a little bit different.

When run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" and stuck on reboot stage (just show Huawei Ascend), then you must install a driver for Blaze device manually, you can choose the standard "Android Adapter ADB interface" for this (it works in my case), after intalling the driver Onekey_ROM will resume and install only the recovery image and you phone is showing the Chinese recovery menu choose your "update.zip" or "gapps-signed.zip" from SD-card and it wil be installed (update.zip means your desired firmware).

It seems that the firmware in the Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1 tool will not be placed on the SD-card but in Local Storage, so it will not be installed, therefor put the "gapps-signed.zip" or "update.zip" before flashing on the SD-card so you can select it in Chinese recovery.

I only installed the gapps with original firmware B115 on the phone and all gapps are working.

GRTZ DiMaC

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Hi people,
I'm sorry for this little off topic but I don't know where to find other Huawei Ascend P1's users.
I would like to buy this device but before I would like to know if this device is going fine.
In particular way: how is the in call audio quality? Is it missing calls (like other Huawei device U8800 Pro)? How is the Network (GSM and/or UMTS-3G) quality?
Is the price balanced to the overall quality of the device? I just know that the Huawei Ascend P1 is able to record amazing video and the audio quality is really incredible, but the "phone" function, how is it?
Sorry for the off topic.
It's a great news that I can root the device, so probably at 99% I will buy it after reading your comments.
Thank you in advance,
regards,

kalo

Nixing

Mar 4, 2012
Sofia
neon.forumotion.net
Hey, I'm very pleased with my U9200, don't know about the others but everything works fine here. The device's default ROM was working perfect, I managed to root it and eventually changed to MIUI ROM. But yeah, the U9200 is a really good smartphone if you ask me. There are still not enough apps and tweaks for it etc.

Reactions: Jony Blaze

ljmchinastar

May 12, 2012
Hey, I'm very pleased with my U9200, don't know about the others but everything works fine here. The device's default ROM was working perfect, I managed to root it and eventually changed to MIUI ROM. But yeah, the U9200 is a really good smartphone if you ask me. There are still not enough apps and tweaks for it etc.

Hello brother , plz. update the file link it's not working . Thx for ur effort.much appreciate.

Regards.
Ljm.

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk
B218

Hi,

i have the Build B218.
Has anyone rooting?

Try Unlock Root here - Unlock Root 2.3.1 it says it can root the U9200 and might work for your firmware version.

You can also try the method for B113 and B115

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog

or here

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - MadModder

See if it works and post back to let everyone know :)

Hello brother , plz. update the file link it's not working . Thx for ur effort.much appreciate.

Regards.
Ljm.

The links to my sites above have links to the tools and the link to OneKey's rom is also there on the - How to Install Root and Recovery on Huawei U9200 - Ascend P1 post

I didn't mirror nixings full download without his permission, though I will if he would like me to (Although I would have to remove the password because I don't like them lol) :)

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: fat092

jensema

Aug 23, 2011
Download Mode

Hey,

is there any trick to get into Download Mode/Fastboot?
Should I press both at the same time? When do I release them..
With Vol. Down + Power Key i don't get into Download Mode..
I just managed to get there once, but I don't remenber how I did it.

And by the way. When I press Vol.Up und Power, I get to the android recovery, stock. where I can do a wipe or apply a update from sdcard.

Pease let me known

jensema

EDIT:
Got it. Hold VOL. Down and then Plug in USB Cable.
Phone in Download Mode.
Now I need the right drivers.
Phone shows a "Blaze"
Can someone tell me which driver to use.

thanks

2.EDIT: Got it. Under Win7 , installing Hi Suite, then change Driver for "Blaze" to Android ADB Interface.
Fastboot working!

Last edited:

arcelor

Dec 13, 2009

djstyles97

Feb 26, 2010
WIND Mobile Huawei Ascend P1 (U9200)

Just to confirm, I just tested the root method on a WIND Mobile Ascend P1 with U9200-1V100R001CANC113B100 and it rooted fine. I haven't tested the clockwork mod yet as there is no where to download this version of the stock rom.

kobire

Jun 17, 2012
You can try this to install the recovery image onto the phone without the custom rom.

1. Download Android Control here (mirror) or here (XDA thread) and extract to a folder on your hard drive root (eg. c:\AndroidControl)

2. Download the Recovery image - recovery-new.img (the one included in Onekey) or recovery-off.img (the one that Onekey is based on)
Note: As far as I know, they are both Chinese language but based on ClockWorkMod so should be easy enough to navigate around. Edit: Though judging from the picture above then they may not be Chinese lol

3. Put whichever image you choose into the AndroidControl folder ready to be flashed over.

4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone and then switch it off. Hold volume down and power key (I think lol) to boot into download mode (phone should boot to logo and then stop) then plug it into your PC.

5. Open a command prompt and navigate to your Android Control folder, run the following command -

fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img

or

fastboot flash recovery recovery-off.img

depending which one you chose.

6. Once finished type - 'fastboot reboot' to reboot your phone.

7. Turn off your phone once rebooted and then hold the volume up and power keys to boot into recovery, if its in Chinese you've been successful :)

I want to install the new version B118
I can not update with the alternate recovery
How can I get back to the original recovery.img?

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin
Safe to update Superuser?

I have also successfully rooted my Wind Mobile, build U9200-1V100R001CANC113B104. Just wondering if it's safe to update Superuser (update available through system updates).

Just to confirm, I just tested the root method on a WIND Mobile Ascend P1 with U9200-1V100R001CANC113B100 and it rooted fine. I haven't tested the clockwork mod yet as there is no where to download this version of the stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3) Download Android SDK Tools from here and install the packages.
    4) Plug your Ascend P1 to the PC.
    5) Make sure that USB Debugging is checked (Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging)!
    6) Open "b113_b115-root_u9200---__[Nixing]" from your desktop.
    7) Run "hwadb.exe".
    8) Run "ubl.exe", click ROOT - this should root your device without restart and any problem, check if the Superuser icon has appeared.

Good luck!
    Download Mode

Hey,

is there any trick to get into Download Mode/Fastboot?
    Should I press both at the same time? When do I release them..
    With Vol. Down + Power Key i don't get into Download Mode..
    I just managed to get there once, but I don't remenber how I did it.

And by the way. When I press Vol.Up und Power, I get to the android recovery, stock. where I can do a wipe or apply a update from sdcard.

Pease let me known

jensema

EDIT:
    Got it. Hold VOL. Down and then Plug in USB Cable.
    Phone in Download Mode.
    Now I need the right drivers.
    Phone shows a "Blaze"
    Can someone tell me which driver to use.

thanks

2.EDIT: Got it. Under Win7 , installing Hi Suite, then change Driver for "Blaze" to Android ADB Interface.
    Fastboot working!
    ALL HUAWEI ASCEND P1/P1s - ROOT FOR 10 SECONDS

Great news for owners HUAWEI ASCEND P1/P1S
    !!!!!!! ROOT for 10 seconds !!!!!!!
    Dont worry, with two cliks you make ROOT of your phone.

How at it?
    More simply it perhaps ------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Draw down to the PC this folder: http://www.ulozto.cz/xPiqA9P/huawei-ascend-p1-p1s-root-by-maxfli-zip
    2 .Unpack folder in your PC
    3. In your phone activate USB DEBUGGING
    4. Conect USB cable with phone plus PC (Phone is still ON)
    5. In PC run hwadb.exe (Let carry out action)
    6. In PC run ubl.exe (Window open and click on panel ROOT, after it clicked OK, ROOT is born)
    7 . Disconnect USB cable and reboo/restart the phone
    8 .After go on you discovers in menu application icon SuperUser - - - - - - - - - - - - - HAAAUUUUKKK :good::good::good::good::good:
    B218

Hi,

i have the Build B218.
    Has anyone rooting?

Try Unlock Root here - Unlock Root 2.3.1 it says it can root the U9200 and might work for your firmware version.

You can also try the method for B113 and B115

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog

or here

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - MadModder

See if it works and post back to let everyone know :)

Regards.
    Ljm.

The links to my sites above have links to the tools and the link to OneKey's rom is also there on the - How to Install Root and Recovery on Huawei U9200 - Ascend P1 post

I didn't mirror nixings full download without his permission, though I will if he would like me to (Although I would have to remove the password because I don't like them lol) :)

Hope this helps :)