Radio , Modem and Baseband , differences?

Search This thread

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
Sorry for my noob question!! Do "RADIO , MODEM and BASEBAND" have same meanings in LG Optimus G and other mobile phones or they are different things? Because in Optimus G we can erase radio and erase modem separately through fastboot!

Thanks...

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
For each custom or stock ROM we have special baseband (radio, modem) ?
No. Baseband/radio/modem is not specific to a particular ROM, but rather to a carrier or a country/area. Most ROMs don't include a baseband, so when you flash a ROM, your original baseband stays unchanged. Unless there is an indication that a particular baseband would be a better choice for that ROM, you should be good with what you've got.

You WILL reflash your baseband if you flash a stock KDZ, because KDZ image replaces everything, including bootloader, baseband, and recovery.

Reactions: Creative9170

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
No. Baseband/radio/modem is not specific to a particular ROM, but rather to a carrier or a country/area. Most ROMs don't include a baseband, so when you flash a ROM, your original baseband stays unchanged. Unless there is an indication that a particular baseband would be a better choice for that ROM, you should be good with what you've got.

You WILL reflash your baseband if you flash a stock KDZ, because KDZ image replaces everything, including bootloader, baseband, and recovery.

Thanks friend :) final and last question :D
You mean if I flash an stock KDZ that is android 4.1.2 , then I use freegee to unlock bootoader and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM that is without baseband/radio , can this 4.4.2 ROM works with stock original baseband/radio that is unchanged?

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
if I flash an stock KDZ that is android 4.1.2 , then I use freegee to unlock bootoader and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM that is without baseband/radio , can this 4.4.2 ROM works with stock original baseband/radio that is unchanged?
Yes, it should work. I personally couldn't make 4.4 work with my Korean baseband, but it's related to the F180 -> E975 "conversion", which is messy, and is known to cause some weird issues. For the actual E975 (or other non-Korean variants), it should be just fine.

Reactions: Creative9170

rntbarbosa

May 18, 2011
Yes, it should work. I personally couldn't make 4.4 work with my Korean baseband, but it's related to the F180 -> E975 "conversion", which is messy, and is known to cause some weird issues. For the actual E975 (or other non-Korean variants), it should be just fine.

thanks.

Brazilian variant (e977) loses LTE when using custom rom, Brazilian lte frequency is different from the European.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no idea about those two separate erase options you are talking about, but typically all three words are used interchangeably. Same thing, no difference.
    For each custom or stock ROM we have special baseband (radio, modem) ?

if I flash an stock KDZ that is android 4.1.2 , then I use freegee to unlock bootoader and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM that is without baseband/radio , can this 4.4.2 ROM works with stock original baseband/radio that is unchanged?