[Q] Unroot back to stock using RSDLite

Search This thread

markdjj

Nov 25, 2007
Hi,

Could someone please help me? I'm trying to get back to full stock (well as close to it as possible) to either eliminate my problem or send back under warranty...my problem is detailed in this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1500220&page=3# ...basically my Atrix just will mot stop randomly rebooting/locking up with the screen off (needing a batter pull).

I have tried running RSDLite 5.6 in exactly the same way I unlocked the bootloader but nothing seemed to happen...RSDLite went all the way to 100% but all my phone did was reboot normally. Weird thing was, I didn't get a reboot for nearly 24 hours....and then they started again, quite regularly. Did I do something wrong? I though that SBFing it through RSD would just reflash completely back to stock.

Also, in case I cannot get rid of this REALLY annoying problem, I want to hide the 'unlocked' text at boot ...how would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Mark

markdjj

Nov 25, 2007
How could I tell? I have the IHOP _Bell file and the SBF file is just titled SBF_Flash

It worked a couple of months ago when I unlocked the bootloader

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
If you're trying to go back to stock then you have to find the official SBF. It sounds like you're using the same files that you used to unlock it in the first place.

How could I tell? I have the IHOP _Bell file and the SBF file is just titled SBF_Flash

It worked a couple of months ago when I unlocked the bootloader

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Please don't spread misinformation. Using RSD does not automatically result in a brick. I have used it numerous times flashing Official (AT&T) SBF builds and I am still using the same phone.

With that said, it is not recommended to use RSD (which I agree) but it can be used with caution and some knowledge/research in tow.

One precaution, do not flash previous builds (SBF).

Use a Fruitcake or you will brick

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

markdjj

Nov 25, 2007
Ok, thanks for the info, just come back to this after being away...I have done a bit of research on fruitcake but I haven't been able to find too much...where can I find the latest?