[GAME][2.1+] Total Pool

Search This thread

The Friendly Monster

Mar 22, 2012
Berlin
Pool is a touchscreen pool game for Android, with loads of features and extremely polished physics and graphics. I believe it's the best pool game on the market. Feedback is hugely welcome.

ibzPWPbhhJAioy.png

ioqjZACllkhWh.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13593420/TotalPoolFree.apk

Cheers!

Last edited:

Harbb

Dec 20, 2011
Sydney
Easily the best pool game on the market, absolutely love the interface. Very smooth, stylish and accurate gameplay. You have my thanks and approval :)

It is lacking a Player v Comp, though I'm sure one is in the works. The challenges are great, too. Anyone who plays pool on their phone at all would love this.

Reactions: Hzu

The Friendly Monster

Mar 22, 2012
Berlin
Hey cheers guys, your very own friendly monster here. Great to see this thread didn't die an instant death as I am planning on supporting this game heavily and really appreciate a forum such as this to be able to communicate with the players.

Thanks for the great feedback. After hearing about how many people want to see an ai opponent to play this is my number one priority for the game. The signs are good so far and I hope we will all be playing against a believable, fun, computer player soon.

Last edited:

Harbb

Dec 20, 2011
Sydney
Hey cheers guys, your very own friendly monster here. Great to see this thread didn't die an instant death as I am planning on supporting this game heavily and really appreciate a forum such as this to be able to communicate with the players.

Thanks for the great feedback. After hearing about how many people want to see an ai opponent to play this is my number one priority for the game. The signs are good so far and I hope we will all be playing against a believable, fun, computer player soon.

Great news there, can't wait!

After a couple of posts around the place it'd be a good idea to throw in a couple of screenshots and the market description (and link) in the first post. It just seems a little empty right now.

chelsea_fc

Sep 15, 2007
Jakarta
great pool game, can't wait to play against CPU or maybe multiplayer online game or WIFI would be nice addition :)

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me
The UI looks great but all the pop ups keep shaking eg. where you select the elevation and the spin, and even the settings just keep flashing.

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Simply the best pool game available for Android. Simple interface, excellent physics, and beautiful graphics.

The tutorials are also very easy to understand. Touch responsiveness is great. I have no problems with this game unlike any other pool game for Android.

Great job on this one.

HTC-Gunge

Feb 24, 2011
York
Tried it quickly on my Xoom tablet running ICS. Ran through the tutorial and couple of challenges. Seems very slick and I like it lots. Only two items missing:

1) AI player - Would be cool if there was some AI to play against with some different levels of skill. Icing on the cake would be if there was some kind of tournament play where you play against different levels as you progress.

2) Online mode - Again would be cool to play against other people across the internet. Icing on the cake for this mode would be some kind of ranking mechanism.

Maybe with the online mode there could be opportunities to add some revenue streams.

The Friendly Monster

Mar 22, 2012
Berlin
Tried it quickly on my Xoom tablet running ICS. Ran through the tutorial and couple of challenges. Seems very slick and I like it lots. Only two items missing:

1) AI player - Would be cool if there was some AI to play against with some different levels of skill. Icing on the cake would be if there was some kind of tournament play where you play against different levels as you progress.

2) Online mode - Again would be cool to play against other people across the internet. Icing on the cake for this mode would be some kind of ranking mechanism.

Maybe with the online mode there could be opportunities to add some revenue streams.
Thanks a lot, I totally agree with you. The ai is coming next.

I would love to do network play too, but as it's pretty far out of my comfort zone there's no way I can promise anything in this regard.

It may be that network play would have additional cost overhead with servers so would only be a feature in the paid version of the game.

Great job dude. You did good w/this. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks a lot.

Before cracking back on with a.i. there seem to be a couple of issues with the game, I will try and get a fix out for these today.

In the meantime here are some facts for you all I originally wrote up on my G+ page.

Six things you may not know about Total Pool

- The rules for the type of game you are currently in are shown in the stats page (the little podium thing)
- You can edit the names of the players by tapping on the name in the pre-match screen
- Replays can be watched for a whole rack/frame, in slow and fast motion
- In a match the two players have individual options for their controls
- The orientation of the screen can be set to rotate with the orientation of the device in options > graphics (the cog)
- Menu items can be swiped or tapped to switch options, a tap on the central item will select it and confirm

sushigeezer

Aug 23, 2010
London
What a start to XDA ;)
Fantastic game, great physics one of the best pool games on the market.

Requests as mentioned before, A.I. and online mode will be like a cherry on top for Total Pool.

The Friendly Monster

Mar 22, 2012
Berlin
great game..
love it.. :p

What a start to XDA ;)
Fantastic game, great physics one of the best pool games on the market.
Thanks a lot. It's great to get it into people's hands finally.

I've just submitted an update to the market it should filter through to you soon

- fixed rendering issues on some hardware
- "Pass to " button now includes player's name
- electing to rerack, replace cue ball, push out or pass play to the opponent are now counted as a separate shot
- it is no longer possible to pause at an inappropriate moment between shots

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pool is a touchscreen pool game for Android, with loads of features and extremely polished physics and graphics. I believe it's the best pool game on the market. Feedback is hugely welcome.

ibzPWPbhhJAioy.png

ioqjZACllkhWh.png

Cheers!

Quick update

- no more preview of ball collision when ai takes shot or on replays
    - fixed problem with quitting and restarting while computer is thinking
    - fixed straight pool unlocks (first to 50 rather than best of 3)
    - fixed lag being played perfectly by ai
    - settings for single player used when against ai
    - fixed issue when quitting while balls are being moved around
    - updated to latest libgdx (0.9.3)

please give feedback on the performance and playability of the ai, particularly the games i'm less familiar with (anything except world rules basically!)
    Great game!

First of all can I say, what a game! Easily the best pool game on Android, I reckon the best on a mobile device bar none. The execution is just fabulous, the attention to detail, the simplicity and ease-of-use of the menus. The graphics. I love the whole thing.

Issue:
    Now, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 2.3.4 (Unrooted) and it crashes for me a lot, almost every session it crashes. It just hangs, no force close error. There doesn't seem to be any particular circumstance other than it's usually mid shot towards the end of the motion of the balls.
    ** As I was writing this I was actually playing Total Pool and it happened to crash. This time I waited and the crash report actually appeared and should be with you now. Hope you can sort this! Thanks!

Suggestions:
    1. Definitely fine-tuning, I like the 2 finger method mentioned by someone else earlier but i don't know how easy that would be to implement if at all. If I think of anything I'll get back to you. Maybe do it such that the shot isn't executed as soon as you aim and lift your finger, but rather that only decides the rough direction and shot power, the aiming guide should remain on the screen after lifting your finger. Then you can have left and right buttons for fine tuning and a shoot button to complete the shot. These can be on the bottom cushion out of the way...
    - It definitely loses a bit of the slickness so I would suggest making this an option in the settings menu so people can choose to use if they wish.

2. I don't know how it looks on other devices but on the SGS2 there is some empty space either end of the table, I think here you should put a graphic of what balls have been potted like the rack at the side of tables in real life.

3. I cant wait for Snooker. You have got to do it at some point! And it will work, no doubt at all. Furthermore I'd be happy to pay again, ie make it another app. Same for Carom and others.

4. As others have said, online multiplayer would be fabulous.

It is testament to the quality of this game that I continue to play it and have even rated 5 stars in the store. Of course I have the paid version.

Thank you for a wonderful game! I also admire your dedication to listening to peoples suggestions long may that continue!

Hardy

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Ah, something I just noticed... In world rules and black ball, if the opponent fouls and you are playing the black, there should not be two shots? Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Hardy
    Playing with the AI version now. Will let you know how it goes.

BTW, it's impressive you managed to have an almost-complete AI version in like a week...