[ROM]16-11-12 Dark Passion Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 2.55 | Fully Inverted | Online

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Yes it will have development as soon as I can get PA 2.99 to build and its anything like useable... At the minute I'm getting errors in the build... but I am trying lol ;)

Reactions: kryptoner

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
mate you could talk to devs like monx..they had ported the gs3 version back when pa was close sourced..maybe you could together bring this up for us

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks I may do that, but I don't want to port it over... I would prefer to compile from source... I've started compiling the new Paranoid Android, but I seem to be having a problem with camerawrapper.cpp maybe I will ask monx to see if he can offer me any help :)

Reactions: aamitabh28

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
Hey mate..you could get help from the repo in pa github..imilka just posted his preview ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

hypnos17

Jun 18, 2012
Pan Daemonium
R: [ROM]16-11-12 Dark Passion Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 2.55 | Fully Inverted | Onli

Hi. Can anyone reup the ROM or maybe the the "app" folder?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Three Musketeers Proudly Present.....

Welcome to the Darkside....
    Dark Passion - Unofficial Paranoid Android 2.55

This started as me compiling Paranoid for a few friends over on the Galaxy Nexus and then after a while it was getting modified everytime I compiled it, to add more and more 'Inverted Apps' and its got to the stage now where its all just about inverted.... when one of my friends suggested we should release it on there because it was 'good enough' we thought why the hell not... So now one of the team has a Galaxy Note 2 and he's pestered me till I compiled one for him (only joking man ;)) so here it is...

As stated this is compiled from source by me. Its just the plain compile, with no cherry picks (yet). We have added various things and taken some out to make it better for us and we will be releasing as is. Now this is made for our little circle of friends and I will not be changing it from how it is now... So please don't ask for the old apps to be added back. If you want a plain standard version of Paranoid, use the official version as that is the benchmark we all try to rise too ;)

I will endeavor to update at least once a week, and update the inverted apps accordingly. Some of the inverted apps I use like Google+ will obviously try to update through Play Store when they are updated. If you update it will revert it to normal, so just simply turn off auto updates for them

ROMInfo.png

Code:
    CHANGELOG:

Dark Passion 2.55
    Updated all Device and Kernel files to Cyanogenmod (which means s pen gestures :))
    Updated Vendor Files
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.54
    Paranoid Android Updates
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.53
    Initial Release
    Removed Apollo Music
    Added Awesome Beats modded DSP manager
    Added a few Themes
    Added Inverted Keyboard

This rom isn't made to compete with any other roms out there. Its just made by us and released to be another option to whats already out there... If you don't like what we've done here, don't use it...

Install.png

Check post 3 for Install descriptions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
    Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping... although sometimes he doesn't think he's helping but he is
    Shingers5 - for his tireless testing, ideas and generally keeping me on my toes... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
    Massive thanks to Utacka for giving me some good pointers
    CM team
    PA team
    DutchDanny - for getting me started and for being very patient while I was asking silly questions
    BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
    los1010 for the awesome beats
    joeyfettucine from themikmik.com for the inverted Facebook
    rujeluss22 for most of the other inverted apps
    JusTUN_Bean for the fixed Email/Exchange
    XDA for just about everything else
    If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)

Download.png

Dark Passion 2.55

Inverted GApps

Older Versions

Dark Passion 2.53
    Dark Passion 2.54
    Screens.png

Xperia%201.jpg
    Xperia%203.jpg
    Xperia%204.jpg
    Xperia%205.jpg
    Xperia%206.jpg

These are screenshots took from the Xperia T but you get the idea... ;)

If you want to support us... Use our banner ;)

MusketeersAddictB%26W.png

MusketeersAddictW%26B.png
    Sorry guys if you're having probs with the new build I will pull it and re-compile... I always 'make clobber' before I do a build, I know it takes longer, but you always get a fresh build...
    How to install

This guide is based on my install procedure to ensure optimal performance. I am aware that we all have our own preferred methods but I have realised that by following OP procedure its much easier to get help and figure out flashing related issues:
    This guide is based on the assumption you have a form of recovery be it CWM and TWRP installed and ready to flash..........I have CWM
    - boot into recovery using extended power menu or 3rd party app or 3 button combo home, vol down and power
    - in recovery do a nandroid backup from backup/restore menu
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - in mounts and storage format system
    - install zip from sdcard and choose rom zip to install
    - install inverted gapps
    - wipe cache
    - in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
    - reboot system
    I have found that wiping cache and dalvik after installing rom and gapps ensures a clean install on reboot.
    This is the exact method I used to install the rom so if u have any issues after using this method then please report it to us. If you used your own method then we may not be able to offer adequate support. thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rom

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    Nfc didn't work but utaka's fix worked here.

Its really a nice rom. Really well planed and beautiful and cohesive in its presentation.

Like the themes u have added as standard. Cool.

Overall an really nice addition to the xda scene. Specially for Samsung phones. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2