Init.d support for gpe V510 Devices and others.

Search This thread

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
I have added init.d support to my latest kernel sleekai4. Included is a script to zip-align apps on boot, and a script for longer battery life.

Kernel located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2647119

On other devices, if you have init.d support, my script should work for you too!

See second post in my kernel thread for details.

You will need busybox installed.
You will need root.
You will need SuperSU root enabled at boot for my script to work.

Last edited:

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
-Update- Added script for better battery life. Let me know how much!

Whilst the kernel is for the v510 , the rom I am on (infected) supports init.d (has an init.d folder with things in it!!) so I naturally assume that the kernel does too, so I've popped them on my V500 to test :)
All the best rich

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
Whilst the kernel is for the v510 , the rom I am on (infected) supports init.d (has an init.d folder with things in it!!) so I naturally assume that the kernel does too, so I've popped them on my V500 to test :)
All the best rich

Yes, as far as I know, the script(s) will be universal. If you have init.d support, you should be able to use it. Let me know what you think.

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
Damn strange, all things considered.

My device feels snappier after applying my tweaks.

Is it just me? Probably.

As a second note, all these settings can be changed to whatever you like. Simply edit the numbers in the script after doing some research!

Last edited:

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
It was too soon for me to say as an hour later I updated my daily rom........... :p
I checked back an hour ago and realised I had wiped the changes out of the init.d folder.......... ;)
Soo cheeky ask here, do you know how to make your two files into a zip file?
Guys like me on nightly roms could flash it straight after flashing the rom.
It's late now but I'll play with the tablet tomorrow and see how the tweaks go
Thank you in advance,

All the best rich

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
It was too soon for me to say as an hour later I updated my daily rom........... :p
I checked back an hour ago and realised I had wiped the changes out of the init.d folder.......... ;)
Thank you in advance,

All the best rich

They are both in zip files already, but not together. You could do that on your own computer though! Unzip both files into a directory and
Code:
zip -r9 name_of_zip.zip *

Where "name of zip" is your name for the zip. All files in the directory get added, so make sure you sandbox them first!

Reactions: whoamigriffiths

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Thanks, I'm actually not particularly technical due to old age ;)

I added your tweaks last night and I've also started using greenify (started using night before) now I'm obviously on a learning curve here but here's a pic of my battery overnight.
I'm quite pleased with the sleep.

uploadfromtaptalk1394617944225.jpg

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com

I added your tweaks last night and I've also started using greenify (started using night before) now I'm obviously on a learning curve here but here's a pic of my battery overnight.

View attachment 2626484

It gets even better... So far I have 4:15 screen on time with 54% battery left :) And the device feels faster. It is just getting optimized as far as I am concerned. I can easily drop the freq some more with no issues.
45 myself. hard to believe we started out without microwaves and I was still using a typewriter in high school.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It gets even better... So far I have 4:15 screen on time with 54% battery left :) And the device feels faster. It is just getting optimized as far as I am concerned. I can easily drop the freq some more with no issues.
45 myself. hard to believe we started out without microwaves and I was still using a typewriter in high school.

How could I apply these scripts to Bob's kernel?

afrikanac

Aug 20, 2012
45 myself. hard to believe we started out without microwaves and I was still using a typewriter in high school.[/QUOTE]
+1 here on typewriter in high school, it gets handy now:D

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

kdog350

Mar 28, 2012

View attachment 2626484

My battery life is also really good. Had it on all night and have WiFi set to Keep WiFi on during sleep: Only when charging. It stayed at 76% all night

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have added init.d support to my latest kernel sleekai4. Included is a script to zip-align apps on boot, and a script for longer battery life.

Kernel located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2647119

On other devices, if you have init.d support, my script should work for you too!

See second post in my kernel thread for details.

You will need busybox installed.
    You will need root.
    You will need SuperSU root enabled at boot for my script to work.
    This just keeps getting better!
    Any way to see if the scripts really work ?

Yes. You can check the values by following the paths that are within the script. Example /sys/device/system/ setting, where "setting" is the value you want to check.

You may also use an app like trickster mod to see what your current CPU frequencies are.
    Thank you in advance,

All the best rich

They are both in zip files already, but not together. You could do that on your own computer though! Unzip both files into a directory and
    Code:
    zip -r9 name_of_zip.zip *

Where "name of zip" is your name for the zip. All files in the directory get added, so make sure you sandbox them first!