[Mod] Android 4.4 lockscreen on Sense 6

Search This thread

TheWizKid95

May 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
Quick and easy mod to disable the Sense lockscreen.

In /system/priv-app/, look for "HtcLockScreen.apk" and "HtcLockScreen.odex" and change the files' extension with your favorite root file manager. After that, reboot (a hot reboot will do) and you should see your stock 4.4 lock screen.

Note: Since this isn't Sense's main lockscreen, it will be buggy. Widgets don't work, motion gestures don't work, and camera shortcut isn't there. When widgets are enabled, HTC's clock shows up (deformed) instead of the stock clock. Pin/password/pattern/face unlock all work (although it might be a little hard to set up pattern as the circles aren't visible. Or that might be default, I don't really know).

Uploading pics soon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheWizKid95

May 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
Pictures

Attachments

• 1398011637900.jpg
    1398011637900.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 971
  • 1398011722650.jpg
    1398011722650.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 1398011767984.jpg
    1398011767984.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 919
  • 1398011780045.jpg
    1398011780045.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 900
Reactions: NunOnABike

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
On the M7, you needed to run the SetupWizard to get the full functionality from the AOSP lock screen. That said, I haven't tried this on my M8...

After the reboot
Terminal or ADB
su
am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity;

You will want to do .WelcomeUserActivity instead of SetupWizardTestActivity

You may also need to grab the SetupWizard from the GPE model and drop it into priv-app

Keep in mind that unless you use kernel wake mods it will break swipe/tap to wake

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

NunOnABike

Nov 27, 2013
Bhopal
Thanks all of you!!

I hated the sense 6 4.4 android lock screen...not more than the 5.5 one. I found out the setup wizard through google and now I got the AOSP 4.4 lock screen. Thank you everyone!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick and easy mod to disable the Sense lockscreen.

In /system/priv-app/, look for "HtcLockScreen.apk" and "HtcLockScreen.odex" and change the files' extension with your favorite root file manager. After that, reboot (a hot reboot will do) and you should see your stock 4.4 lock screen.

Note: Since this isn't Sense's main lockscreen, it will be buggy. Widgets don't work, motion gestures don't work, and camera shortcut isn't there. When widgets are enabled, HTC's clock shows up (deformed) instead of the stock clock. Pin/password/pattern/face unlock all work (although it might be a little hard to set up pattern as the circles aren't visible. Or that might be default, I don't really know).

Uploading pics soon

On the M7, you needed to run the SetupWizard to get the full functionality from the AOSP lock screen. That said, I haven't tried this on my M8...

After the reboot
    Terminal or ADB
    su
    am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity;

You will want to do .WelcomeUserActivity instead of SetupWizardTestActivity

You may also need to grab the SetupWizard from the GPE model and drop it into priv-app

Keep in mind that unless you use kernel wake mods it will break swipe/tap to wake

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    Pictures

Not exactly sure what you're trynna say here.