No OS installed - but can boot to Safestrap

Search This thread

tfpHumorBlog

May 28, 2008
Chicago
ThoughtsFromParis.com
I somehow screwed up a flash and now I have no OS installed but I can boot to Safestrap recovery. Any ideas on how to get the OS loaded? I'm going to see if I have an micro SD to SD converter so I can load the OS there and try to flash via external SD. Is there another way? Thanks!

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
I somehow screwed up a flash and now I have no OS installed but I can boot to Safestrap recovery. Any ideas on how to get the OS loaded? I'm going to see if I have an micro SD to SD converter so I can load the OS there and try to flash via external SD. Is there another way? Thanks!

I think the way you mentioned is the best and only way. Good luck!

What ROM are you going to flash?

jim256

Nov 26, 2007

I had the same issue, and tried flashing multiple times via the external SD. Unfortunately, given that I got to your current situation by wiping everything but the external SD, it still wouldn't work. I flashed multiple times, but it always just said that it couldn't mount /data and /system. I ended up doing the MJ5 Restore found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

Trouble is, now I can't seem to get back to KK for the life of me....good luck!

tfpHumorBlog

May 28, 2008
Chicago
ThoughtsFromParis.com
I had the same issue, and tried flashing multiple times via the external SD. Unfortunately, given that I got to your current situation by wiping everything but the external SD, it still wouldn't work. I flashed multiple times, but it always just said that it couldn't mount /data and /system. I ended up doing the MJ5 Restore found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

Trouble is, now I can't seem to get back to KK for the life of me....good luck!

Yep - I used the MJ5 Restore and all is right with the world again. Thanks guys!!!

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014
You need to odin four files to boot into kk, look into mr tropazr's thread it's thorough and informative.

Oct 30, 2007
same issue

Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715&highlight=rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

Last edited:

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715&highlight=rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

mj5 is 4.3 go here http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att/general/n900aucucnc2-odin-files-t2838117

Oct 30, 2007
I tried those files as well and followed the same method step by step and it would not work. I am completely lost at this point.

Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.

The home file is all 4 files in 1. Just use the 4 individual files to install original NC2 firmware and wipe at the same time. Ignore the home file.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.

Yes that would be correct. Using the home file is like using all 4 files only the home file doesn't wipe before installing. It installs firmware like an ota update would. I thought using the 4 files would reset you, and give you a clean install.

p2s246

Sep 23, 2014
I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.
see if you can fix it using the link in the above post if not let me know and I will back up my stock ATT KK 4.4.2 NC2 in safe strap after factory reset and I can send it to you. You can flash that and see if that works.

And what I understand is you started from stock 4.4.2 NC2 and than you towel root than installed SU and busybox and than installed the SS . After you went into SS, did you wipe the stock rom slot? Can you please explain in detail including each step so we know.

Last edited: